The PANASONIC RP-HTF600-S headphones. More fun than the HD650?
Sep 18, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #106 of 2,849

Quote:
Well, I'm very close to hitting buy on the HTF890 but i'm wondering whether I should get these or go for the HD558 instead?

dsnuts - you really sure these are as good as the AD700 for movies and games?

Dom

Absolutely.. Plus why not try something no one else has.. Oh and comfort level is unreal on those. If you don't like em I will buy it off you hows that.  Not only good as Ad700. They are better in every single way.. For half price.

Sep 18, 2011 at 12:30 PM Post #107 of 2,849

Quote:
Absolutely.. Plus why not try something no one else has.. Oh and comfort level is unreal on those. If you don't like em I will buy it off you hows that.  Not only good as Ad700. They are better in every single way.. For half price.

Would you buy them off me if I purchase one and decide to let them go? 
tongue.gif

Sep 18, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #108 of 2,849
Well that is the point. They are great phones for the price. I have several open phones and the Panasonic HTF890/ RP-Ht770.. Are tops in my opinion. Looks better..Great clean neutral sound, wide stage, great comfort. Does movies/games/music very well. Looks infinitely better than the clownish Audio Technica Ad700s.. I can honestly tell you guys. If you want a nice open headphone..In my collection the Panasonics are superior in every way to the Ad700s. Which showed me just how much the AD700s are over rated around here.

I even prefer my Samson SR850 over them. You can literally buy a Samson SR850 and a Panasonic HTF890 for the price of one AD700.

Sep 18, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #109 of 2,849
Well, I have ordered them and will let you know how I get on.

Dom

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #111 of 2,849
Hey Mal!

Did you directly compare these Pannys against the M50s?
I had compared the M50s against my Shure 440s and I just wanted to know if these were "in-between" those
or if they are more pleasing. (waiting until my cans arrive! :p but curious! :wink:)

Thanks.

Sep 18, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #112 of 2,849

Quote:
Hey Mal!

Did you directly compare these Pannys against the M50s?
I had compared the M50s against my Shure 440s and I just wanted to know if these were "in-between" those
or if they are more pleasing. (waiting until my cans arrive! :p but curious! :wink:)

Thanks.

You know there are times when you want to throw on a headphone and feel every bass note and hear every voice and note in a very smooth and clean matter. There are phones that have great clarity there are ones that have great balance. There are even ones that make you think you are hearing stuff you shouldn't.. To me the reason why these Panasonics excel at the pure pleasure of listening to your tunes.. There is nothing missing on the sound signature. In fact I now have discovered how much others are lacking in comparison. The Shure SRH440 and the M50 both are boring to me compared to these.

I now prefer these over my newly purchased V-80 V modas.. You guys can call me nuts like my name implies but it is absolutely true for me.. If anybody in the community asked me what I listen to most now a days. It is all about the Panasonics.. I can't stop listening to them. I am a slave to its precision and command of the tune.  The Ability to drown my ears with bass notes so low.. Some I have never heard before on the same tunes I have listen to for years and years.. My favorite headphone.. Was the V-moda V-80s.. Until about the 40th hour of burn time and listening to tunes on these Panasonic just showed me what I was missing in on my other headphones including the V-80s. 

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #114 of 2,849

Quote:
Ordered my set. I have never been a big fan of Panasonic phones, not crazy about the styling either, but this looks like a fun gamble and should come in at the same time as my new SR850s.

That is a great 1, 2 set.. The Samsons for games and movies. The Panasonics for music..And perhaps the greatest thing. I bet you didn't even break a C note even with shipping on both....Ya there are some terrible Panasonics.. .These sound like they look..

The Panasonic Rp-Dj600... This was one purchase that surprised me and not in a good way.. I think I prefer the sounds of a baby crying because of a tooth ache more so than these. Terrible don't explain the sound that these emit. If the all toy like construction don't warn you of the sounds they emit.. Nothing can prepare you for the hollow plasticy sound.  I thought there was something wrong with the phones but it turned out to be how they actually sound. Never heard worse.. Oh wait.. I take that back. I have a pair of ihip NFL headphones that sound like music is emitted through a toilet paper roll tube.. These are a close second.  The HTF600-S has been a crazy gift from the headphone gods.. There is none quite like them.. Easily makes up for any debocle they have ever made..

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #115 of 2,849

Quote:
Well that is the point. They are great phones for the price. I have several open phones and the Panasonic HTF890/ RP-Ht770.. Are tops in my opinion. Looks better..Great clean neutral sound, wide stage, great comfort. Does movies/games/music very well. Looks infinitely better than the clownish Audio Technica Ad700s.. I can honestly tell you guys. If you want a nice open headphone..In my collection the Panasonics are superior in every way to the Ad700s. Which showed me just how much the AD700s are over rated around here.

I even prefer my Samson SR850 over them. You can literally buy a Samson SR850 and a Panasonic HTF890 for the price of one AD700.

Wow, maybe I should pick up the htf890 as well.  If the rp-htf600 turns out good, then I just might.

Have these currently: meelectronics m6 iem, koss ksc-75, just ordered rp-htf600

What is better to add next:  samson sr850 / superlux hd 668b or panasonic htf890? 

Sep 18, 2011 at 8:53 PM Post #116 of 2,849

Quote:
Wow, maybe I should pick up the htf890 as well.  If the rp-htf600 turns out good, then I just might.

What is better to add next:  samson sr850 / superlux hd 668b or panasonic htf890? 

Outside this thread I've not heard much about the HTF890. Same goes for the 600 of course, but with a $50 set, I'd kind of like to have more info going in. The 890 appears to be priced *below* the 600 normally... but who knows what that means, if anything. You can buy both the 890s and the SR850s from Amazon-- with their return policy in mind, maybe give them both a run and see which fits your burgeoning collection better!

Sep 18, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #117 of 2,849

Quote:

Well that is the cool thing about being interested in either the HTF890 or the Samson. Both are excellent for Games and movies.. They make a great compliment  phone to the very fun listening HTF600-S.. The Samsons are Semi closed cans and does have better bass than the HTF890 but the HTF890 is a complete open phone with even a wider stage and is the most analytical and balanced out of the bunch... There are many that have the Samson/ superlux models but none here yet has the HTF890...To be honest I value both for what they each do. The HTF890 wins in comfort and no sweaty ears during a hot day.. The samson SR850 are the great do it all can and remain my favorite gaming headphone, with good bass presence. But I have a feeling if you get the HTF600-S with those. The Panasonics will win over on the music front...Either way all phones mentioned in this thread are worthy..

Sep 18, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #118 of 2,849
HTF890 more analytical, balanced, wider soundstage compared to SR850, sounds good.  I want to have at least one balanced open headphone in my collection.  

Is the comfort of the HTF890 > samson sr850?  I seem to be sensitive to too much clamping force.  People seem to complain about the sr850 until they swap original pads with akg 240 pads. 

Sep 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #120 of 2,849

Quote:
Great read. Thinking of giving the 890s a place on my never ending Christmas wish list of headphones...
smily_headphones1.gif

If enough guys show interest in the Open HTF890. I will consider another thread for them.. They do deserve a serious look.. I have been telling folks ever since I joined Headfi how these are better than the AD700s ..

Quote:
HTF890 more analytical, balanced, wider soundstage compared to SR850, sounds good.  I want to have at least one balanced open headphone in my collection.  

Is the comfort of the HTF890 > samson sr850?  I seem to be sensitive to too much clamping force.  People seem to complain about the sr850 until they swap original pads with akg 240 pads. 

Velour vs pleather? I think the velour would win every time.  The Samsons does games and movies better as they have more bass but..not by a huge margin over the panasonics..The HTF890 has better balance and the widest sound stage out of all the phones mentioned. Again much more analytical, Instruments, vocals, classical, jazz all sound very nice on these... For comfort there is no competition here...But to be honest.. People that complain about the Samson SR850 comfort haven't tried an Ultrasone HP.. They are like pillows compared to them. haha.  If you get one let us know how you like them. There are a few guys interested in the Panasonic RP- HTF890....So we will see who bites on them first.. For a phone that cost half the price of a well known Audio Technica AD700 but does everything better than that phone does. They have yet to be owned by anyone.  Again the reason why I know what they are is because I bought one and they are exactly the same as the my RP Ht770.. I will throw on some pics here tomorrow for you guys..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back