1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last
  1. davidmolliere
    Totally agree with all of the above and indeed, I don't agree with What HiFi's review. Frankly it reads like a preview rather than a review anyway...

2. Mimouille
    I went on a little field trip this afternoon.

IMG_20180205_140015.jpg IMG_20180205_143025.jpg

lesale08, Deftone and davidmolliere like this.
  3. subguy812
    And did we listen or purchase?

4. Mimouille
    Well the GM is a friend so I want to help my friend reach his sales targets...

5. subguy812
    Enjoy...honestly I am very positively moved by these

6. Deftone
    How would you compare them to your EM10 and Zeus?

I think they get stupidly close to BA flagships at less than half the price.

7. justrest
    I'm one step away form buying an IE800s. I'm between Vega and IE800s.

8. Mimouille
    It depends if you like punchy but controlled bass or boosted bass.

Deftone likes this.
  9. davidmolliere
    I own both and they're quite different. Vega is thick and exhuberant with thunderous bass (and needs a proper source otherwise it won't be controlled) with still good treble extension and IE800S is neutral warm, airier with still good body (but nothing like the hard hitting Vega) with a more balanced and refined presentation. IE800S is also faster. IE800S is a more relaxed listen, while still engaging.

It's not really a matter of which is better but rather two radically different tuning philosophies. If you pick the Vega make sure it's aligned with your priorities because it's polarizing for a reason you either love it or you don't impossible to remain indifferent :)

Price is in favor of the IE800S and I personally feel better value for money, but this is not relevant as the Vega is a unique proposition if you're into that signature.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    Dobrescu George, justrest and Deftone like this.
  10. justrest
    I am totally sure IE800s is a great iem because I used IE800 before and I loved their sound. But my complaint was about it’s fit. Those unique silicon tips doesn’t fit my ear well.

Thank you for this great mini comparison :)
    Looks like IE800s sounds more suitable for me, but as I said before I’ve some concern about their fit. Otherwise I’ll jump into the IE800s.
    On the other hand, Vega always caught my attention. Most of the people talking about their big bold bass presence and I’m very curious to listen them.

11. davidmolliere
    I have never had fit issues with the IE800/S, there are different sizes of tips did you try them?

Dobrescu George likes this.
  12. justrest
    Yes, I tried every size, every different tips but it didn’t work for me. Every 5-10 minutes I had to push inside of my ear because it was coming out of my ear canal.

greyscale75 likes this.
  13. davidmolliere
    I get it, small ear canals then... I have the opposite issue, but with the IE800S the M size fits while I usually fit L or XL when it does exist (when I went to do my imprint for CIEM the audiologist re-did the take he didn't believe he did it right because of those huge conduits :p ). It would explain you issue, S is to big and the proprietary and unusual bore makes it difficult for 3rd party tips :frowning2:

greyscale75 likes this.
  14. Mimouille
    From another thread :

I tested this, and it is true that around 3'45, the cymbals are less vibrant with foam. The trade-off is that on less well recorded music, you will suffer more on the silicones. Will give it a try in my music.

Deftone likes this.
  15. subguy812
    Mim I am not hearing any aggressive treble. Although I do have quite a few more hours on mine than you do. My head wrapped around the sound and I feel the treble is very smooth up top.

Deftone and Mimouille like this.
First

Back
40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60
Next

Last