1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

The Official Sennheiser IE800S thread!

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last
  1. vrln
    Not sure if classified as a portable, but they sound really good with the Chord Hugo 2. Also Sony DAPs seem to be a good match (my A35 is a much, much better source than my iPhone). My main pairing is going to be the Sony ZX300 via 4.4mm balanced once I receive it.

The other choice I thought about was the new Astell & Kern AK70mkII, but the 2.5mm balanced jack just feels way too fragile compared to pentaconn 4.4mm...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  2. RuiPP
    Hi.
    I'm having trouble finding a store that sells these IE800S in Europe ? Could you please give me a help, here or by PM? And what will be a reasonable price?
    Thanks!

3. stenog
    You should be able to buy it direct from Sennheiser, price is 999 euro. Some have reported if you subscribe to the newsletter you will get a 10 % voucher code. Don't know if this work though.
    https://en-de.sennheiser.com/in-ear-headphones-earphones-ie-800-s-ceramic

4. RuiPP
    Ok, thanks. But can I get a better price in a retail store, in case I can't use that voucher code?

5. stenog
    I have no idea :). It's still a relatively new iem so discounts may be difficult to find. But if you find anything, report back, I am as interested as you are.

6. mcemce13
    If anyone interested I am selling my ie800s, purchased by the end of December 2017 directly from Sennheiser, paid $1000, I am willing to let them go for $800, they are new in box, I just prefer my W80.

7. RuiPP
    Ok, I'll let you know if I find.
    Meanwhile, I subscribed the newsletter and I received the 10 % voucher code, as you told.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    stenog likes this.
  8. RuiPP
    Now I realized they don't have a detachable cable... Can someone tell me the (eventual) advantage of that?

9. davidmolliere
    Lower footprint as in no detachable cable means you can get those crazy small and lightweight IEMs :)
    And the rationale is the weak point is Y split and below.

You have to let go of cable upgrades, which could either be frustrating or a relief since you get multiple termination at no extra cost...

10. RuiPP
    Didn't understand. Forgive my bad English.

Have you been pleased with them?

Thanks.

11. GitBash
    Whats the difference between ie800 and this? why the price bump?

12. Dobrescu George
    Even the original ie800 is excellent with the cables, unless you need a longer cable

My experience so far has been that the solution Senn included with ie800S and ie800 is actually quite good, and I haven't had it fail so far. In fact, the only thing that ever failed me, actually did at the Y split or bellow it :darthsmile:

ie800S comes with a different sonic signature, more cable connectors, and a different construction :smile_phones:

13. twister6 Contributor
    Can't answer the question about price jump, though having a new balanced cable with 2.5mm, 4.4mm, and also SE 3.5mm terminations could have something to do with it.

Regarding the difference, here is my detailed write up: https://twister6.com/2018/01/07/sennheiser-ie800-vs-ie800s/

RuiPP likes this.
  14. GitBash
    Thank your for that write up, im going to read it!

15. RuiPP
    Two great reviews about the IE800s. Thank you very much.
    You said that «if you want the sound with more bass impact or a more aggressive treble, these might not be for you.» Well, I'm an electronic music lover... Athough I'm seriously considering buying the IE800S, I'm now a little skeptical...I know that's quite subjective, but can I ask your opinion?

First

Back
38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47
49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Next

Last