The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
Apr 27, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #256 of 666
I guess every headphone created is listed in this thread, but mine would be the Sennheiser HD280, the AKG 26P, and the Sony MDRV700DJ. And absolutely anything Bose.

Apr 27, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #257 of 666
So...what I've gathered from this thread is....that any Grado is simply not worth the upgrade from an SR60, and you should put bowls on an SR60 and call it a day if you want Grado sound.

Sounds like I'm gonna buy some SR60's and stop looking at the other versions, lol.

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #258 of 666
KSC-75 - A great steal for the price? absolutely. Yet, they are ingloriously overhyped here. For me, it started when members said these were one of the few pairs they couldn't part with---ever.
biggrin.gif

Creative EP360's - Not worth their esteemed credentials. I thought the Marshmallows sounded better after changing the tips.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #259 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So...what I've gathered from this thread is....that any Grado is simply not worth the upgrade from an SR60, and you should put bowls on an SR60 and call it a day if you want Grado sound.

Sounds like I'm gonna buy some SR60's and stop looking at the other versions, lol.

I dunno. Given my brief experience with some Grados at the NYC Meet, I'd almost say that ALL Grados are overrated. They're uncomfortable, and I wasn't that thrilled with the sound. Granted, the listening environment wasn't ideal with all those people around, but the numerous pairs of HD650's all sounded great to me, and we very comfortable to boot. Blah to Grados.

-Packgrog

Apr 30, 2007 at 8:57 PM Post #261 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And those Ultrasone guys; No sense of humor whatsoeva, skin as thin as their phones sonics....lol

/toilet bowels...Why I oughta
wink.gif

I dont know about that,I poked my head into thier lastest worship session
and was dealt with politely,even though I was less then polite on nearly the whole line they produce.
icon10.gif

As to the 701's I have never thought they reminded me of a toilet bowl,ever. I always thought that the one ones who did have it cross thier mind,were,
shall we say,overly preoccupied with thier expiriences with potty training as toddlers
biggrin.gif
That and that we had a few infantilists on the forums
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

From the SR60 to the 325,I noticed very little difference between the few, after a 5 hour listening session.It might have been the source and lack of an amp though.

May 1, 2007 at 1:35 AM Post #263 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whatever phone Cotdt is raving about at the moment...

I keed, I keed Cotdt....

And those Ultrasone guys; No sense of humor whatsoeva, skin as thin as their phones sonics....lol

/toilet bowels...Why I oughta
wink.gif

HAhahahaha, You SIR are INCORIGIBLE!!!!!
cool.gif

Jun 6, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #264 of 666
I have Grado SR80s and SR125s too and I much prefer the SR80s - they are better balanced and generally more listenable. I think the hype about extra detail just equates to too much treble in the SR125s.

So, the SR125s get my vote.

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #265 of 666
All of ultrasones offerings under the golden drivers.

the price is nuts i know, but i sat in a gutar center for an entire day listening to headphones, mainly ultrasones.

and anything under the proline 650/HFI 700/(both of the DJ's SUCKED) just made me question their price, but the 750's on my head... woo, i would have paid $100 more. they are worth their price to me in my own opinion. Minus the headband, they felt pretty natural overall. i did feel like i was sitting in a studio monitoring a mix ( i didnt audition with deep male vocals ).

Jun 7, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #266 of 666
Ick on the 750s...I heard those for 10 seconds, and I could not stand them. I don't remember what I was listening to right before I put those on, but I think they were RS-1s. Speaking of which, my vote goes for RS-1s. Not very impressed, but they were a pleasure to listen to--I just was expecting more from the hype.

Jun 7, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #268 of 666
mdr-v700? Someone mentioned k81DJ's but after a few hours warming them up I've come to enjoy them a lot. Much more than the v700's actually.

Jun 7, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #269 of 666
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anything, Bose are underated! They're not great value for money, but the sound is not that horrible.

At least some of the bose are that bad like the OE. The AE is much better but still definately not worth the price. At least they are comportable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back