The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:00 PM Post #1,006 of 3,640
Feb 10, 2009 at 10:09 PM Post #1,007 of 3,640
Cable loks fatter, we should have some nimwit cut it in the middle though to see whats inside
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #1,009 of 3,640
Thats why you have to get em with wooden cups, hint hint hahaha

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #1,012 of 3,640
X2
I have no comfort problem with them. Instead I find after long time my AKG K240S not comfortable. I guess my head is too big for the self adjusting mechanism they have...
And for the sound: I don't find them harsh, they have great mids and the bass is tigh and improved compared to the SR80s.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #1,013 of 3,640
Hello everyone in Grado 325i land. First post here so please bare with me. I'm a total noob with this headphone stuff, but do have experience with higher end home audio. Oh, and I tend to ramble a lot.
wink.gif

I just spent the last 4 or 5 days reading this entire thread. I don't currently own ANY nice cans yet, but I've decided to go with the 325i's for my first set into this new hobby that my wife is going to kill me for. I do believe that these will fit my music tastes best. I have a few questions that I was hoping some of you could help me out with please.

I noticed these have recently changed to the new 'Silver' color. Where should I order from to try and get this newer style? If I ended up with the "goldies" I would still be happy, but prefer the look of the silver ever so slightly.

Next question is what direction should I look for a headphone amp? I've read about at least 10 different ones from the MK series (both tube and SS) to some of the Headroom series and so on. I can understand that this area can be fairly subjective and quite overwhelming actually, so just a point in the right direction would be cool. I know I should probably get the cans first and go from there, but I'm also an impatient person at times.
tongue.gif

To start this new hobby that I know I'll be totally addicted to, I plan on starting out with a budget of $1K or so. I'm honestly a bit overwhelmed with all the different directions you can go. But that's pretty natural when starting any cool new hobby such as this.

Anyway, I want to say thanks up front for any advice, I'll greatly appreciate it. Keep on Jammin!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:24 PM Post #1,014 of 3,640
I know headroom has silver 325is (headphone.com), that's where I got mine. They may also have a couple pairs of goldies left. Be sure to specify what you want.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #1,016 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpentd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks geremy, I'll head over there right now and order them. I appreciate the info so I get to finally order these bad boys.

Which one did you settle on? The goldies certainly won't disappoint, but I'm curious as to how the new silvers sound as well.

EDIT: re-read your post. D'oh.

Feb 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #1,017 of 3,640
Quote:

Thanks geremy, I'll head over there right now and order them. I appreciate the info so I get to finally order these bad boys.

Make sure to get the discounted/coupon price, too.

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #1,018 of 3,640
Hey guys, thanks for your input. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately I didn't get these ordered today. I'm a bit bummed about that. Anyway I say fortunately because I didn't know anything about the coupon/discount that Shoreman had mentioned. Is this found on their site when you check out? I'll look for it. I had them already to order but decided to wait and call to confirm on getting the newer silver ones. Though as I mentioned earlier I'm not overly concerned about this. I like the looks of both equally really, I'm just a tad bit curious about "other" changes they may have made to the newer silver ones is all. Of coarse this is all speculation, but still has my curiosity going.

Anyway, thanks again, I'll be sure to find that discount and have these ordered tomorrow. Are we all still posting the # of the phones we get even if they are the newer version so to speak? After all I want to be part of the Grado 325i club.
wink.gif

Please fill me in on the discount thing if it's not something easily found. I would appreciate that. Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

Feb 12, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #1,019 of 3,640
Quote:

Please fill me in on the discount thing if it's not something easily found. I would appreciate that. Thanks everyone.
smile.gif

In the shopping cart, under "Discounts and Promotional Codes" enter the coupon code "SR325i" for $29.50 off, bringing the total price to $265.50 plus shipping.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #1,020 of 3,640
OK, I finally got my headphones ordered. I really need to thank Shoreman for bringing up the discount part and also mike6502 for explaining to me on how to get the discount to work. Thank you both VERY much, I truly appreciate it.
smile.gif

I went ahead and ordered them overnight so I can have them before the weekend. I did mention I was the impatient type once I have my mind made up. So now I'm on to seeking out a DAC and Amp to match with these puppies. For the DAC I was looking at both the Zero and the Compass (I think those are them)...remember, nOOb here.

As for the amp, I was leaning towards the MK III or maybe the MK IV se. I have a bit more researching to do in both these areas. So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. As for my source, I'll probably be messing around with most of my stuff. From my iTouch and Zune to my Desktop and even home stereo. I don't really have one specific source planned out as of yet. However I do want something versatile and maybe semi portable to move from one room to another. Nothing more then that though if that makes any sense.

Anyway, thanks again for everyones help, I appreciate it.
smile_phones.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back