The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 22, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #1,036 of 3,640
Hi,

Nice pictures - I am sitting with my new Grado S32i and it sounds amazing of course. Serial number #9136# (if I read right...*s*)

Cheers,

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:42 PM Post #1,037 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycbone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just curious - where it the 'official statement' stated?

From the web site:
With the new 8 conductor cable design you will notice improved control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum with both better supporting Grado’s world renowned midrange. The SR325is will produce a sound that is pure Grado, warm harmonic color, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics and an ultra smooth top end. Listen and Enjoy!

???

Sorry to confuse, but their initial statement were 'only cosmetic'. Things have been changing quite rapidly, I haven't been able to up with it to be honest.
Now they're saying the drivers themselves have been improved, and the new model is designed "SR325is". Comparisons are bound to appear by not too long.

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #1,038 of 3,640
you've got some typos in your signature, musicman
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2009 at 4:46 PM Post #1,039 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmansweden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi,

Nice pictures - I am sitting with my new Grado S32i and it sounds amazing of course. Serial number #9136# (if I read right...*s*)

Cheers,

Goldies?

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:20 PM Post #1,040 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you've got some typos in your signature, musicman
wink.gif

What do you mean with that? Sorry for my bad english...

And yes, the gold one. My retailer said that it was no difference to the silver one. What...I love them anyway...*s*

Ciao,

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:11 AM Post #1,041 of 3,640
I think new threads should be made now, such as "The Official Grado 325is Owners Club"

Feb 23, 2009 at 11:51 AM Post #1,042 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now they're saying the drivers themselves have been improved, and the new model is designed "SR325is".

Actually, I'm not sure they are saying that.

Here's a comparison of Grado's description of the 325i and 325is:

BLUE is text that is the same. RED is new text in the 325is description. Note that they removed some text that was in the 325i description, but I don't show that here for simplicity and relevance.

What does the i stand for in the new SR325is from Grado? Improved, that’s what! Yes, Grado has taken one of the world’s most acclaimed headphones and taken it a few steps further. The new SR325is has an upgraded driver and cable design. The way the SR325is’ driver, cable and metal housing move air and react to sound vibrations are now less affected by transient distortions. With the new 8 conductor cable design you will notice improved control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum with both better supporting Grado’s world renowned midrange. The SR325is will produce a sound that is pure Grado, warm harmonic color, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics and an ultra smooth top end. Listen and Enjoy!

You can see how little they've altered the description, and it appears that they have just inserted references to the new cable in the 325is. Like the 325i description, they may be comparing against the original 325. For all we know, the only difference is the cable and color.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:02 PM Post #1,043 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by mike6502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I'm not sure they are saying that.

You can see how little they've altered the description, and it appears that they have just inserted references to the new cable in the 325is. Like the 325i description, they may be comparing against the original 325. For all we know, the only difference is the cable and color.

I have to agree with you for now at least. The new model name is the 325is. The only difference in the name is the 's', which probably describes the new silver color. The other models all received an 'i', which Grado usually reserves for a substantial improvement over the previous model. I know this is a horrible argument, but it's just my opinion. Unless I read an official statement from Grado saying that they improved the 325 drivers, I will assume that only the cable and housing color have changed.

I'm thinking that the different sound that some people are hearing may be due to the extra cables... but even then I'm still skeptical about there being a difference.

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:08 PM Post #1,044 of 3,640
Drivers were upgraded across the entire line. I would bet the S is there simply because a second 'i' would have been silly (well, the S is silly anyway).

Feb 23, 2009 at 12:10 PM Post #1,045 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Drivers were upgraded across the entire line. I would bet the S is there simply because a second 'i' would have been silly (well, the S is silly anyway).

Do you say that because you believe the new cabling would require the drivers be changed, or did they state this somewhere?

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #1,046 of 3,640
I say it because the Grado website says:
Quote:

The new SR325is has an upgraded driver and cable design.

I think that is fairly conclusive.

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #1,047 of 3,640
Yo,

Just wanted to say that my dealer let me return my goldies when the new "is" is coming within a month or so...Great deal for me really!

Feb 23, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #1,048 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by geremy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I say it because the Grado website says:

"The new SR325is has an upgraded driver and cable design."

I think that is fairly conclusive.

Sure sounds conclusive, until it's given context. The previous description is nearly identical to the current one (including that line), and the only words they've added are in reference to the new cable.

Feb 23, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #1,050 of 3,640
LOL - Ok - I think I got ya now....my Sr80 is since november 2008 so I think that is right to say...and I added a "s" to my signature...Hope I am welcome into this little club now...:wink:

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back