The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Feb 12, 2009 at 11:04 AM Post #1,021 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpentd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I finally got my headphones ordered. I really need to thank Shoreman for bringing up the discount part and also mike6502 for explaining to me on how to get the discount to work. Thank you both VERY much, I truly appreciate it.
smile.gif

You're veeerrry welcome...again, welcome to head-fi and the 325i club!

Be sure to consider the Compass seriously, especially during the promotional period. The LD's are great amps, but some over on the Compass thread are beginning to suggest that this DAC/Amp may be the best thing for the money since sliced bread. You can get the details here:

н¨ÍøÒ³ 1

Good luck...and keep us posted.

Feb 16, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #1,023 of 3,640
Hmm. I was hesitant to post this I but now having around 50 hours on the new silver I have to say that they must be more bassy than the goldies.

It may just be psychological, or my ears may have to adjusted to the grado sound after a couple months

I was never really happy with the goldies bass response. I always used the bass booster setting in itunes/ipod and also used the comfies to try to get a bit more bass. I'm not a bass-head but I like to be able to hear *some* bass.

I don't have the same issue with the new silver bass. They sound a touch more full. I even switched back to the bowl pads (not taped) and still I feel like there is ample bass.

Unfortunately I returned the gold pair and cannot do any A-B listening, so take it my opinions with a grain of salt.

Feb 17, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #1,026 of 3,640
hello guys,

I'd like some advise from our beloved SR325i

Considering I already have the LD I+ with LT1364 opamp and some nice tubes (mullard 6AK5W, WE408A, mullard M8161...) and that I am in love with the sound produced

Do you consider that acquiring the LD MKIII (pure tube amp) will be an improvement for me or the Hybrid LDI + is best amp between the two I can have for my SR325i

thank guys,

keep on the good job.

Feb 18, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #1,027 of 3,640
Hi guys,

Today I tried out between the Grado S325i (gold model), AkG K701 and Sennheiser Hd650 and after just two minutes of listening it was all clear...No doubt about it, the Grado was far superior no further question asked...*S*. He had tweaked them with the Gs1000 pads but also without them it was wonderful to listen of course. Just curious about any official statement from Grado about any differences between the Silver line and the Gold line?

Cheers,

Musicman

Feb 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #1,029 of 3,640
As I have posted in this thread though, there is at least a recable on the silvers.

Feb 19, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #1,031 of 3,640
Yo,

Tomorrow is D-day for me - a pair of new Grado s325i is waiting for me (gold colour). Gonna be a great weekend...:)

Take care,

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #1,032 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but first you must submit a cool pic of them with your best piece of gear...source or amp.
icon10.gif

I promised some pics in order to get that membership
icon10.gif

Here they are...

web.jpg

web.jpg

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #1,034 of 3,640
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yup, but their official statement is that the change is only cosmetic.
Obviously grado doesn't consider the re-cable to have any impact on the sound.

Just curious - where it the 'official statement' stated?

From the web site:
With the new 8 conductor cable design you will notice improved control and stability of the upper and lower range of the frequency spectrum with both better supporting Grado’s world renowned midrange. The SR325is will produce a sound that is pure Grado, warm harmonic color, rich full bodied vocals, excellent dynamics and an ultra smooth top end. Listen and Enjoy!

???

Feb 22, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #1,035 of 3,640
Sorry - couldn't help it. I had to post these pics too.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back