The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jul 28, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #4,951 of 10,994
Can anybody comment if upgrade from Alo Pan Am to WA2 or CSP2+ will be worth it?

Don't know about the Pan Am but I upgraded from Meier Audio Jazz to WA2 and it was totally worth it. Additional clarity and presence. I think if you're planning to stick with the T1s, the WA2 is a wise investment.

If you're looking to add orthos to your headphone collection I'd consider a more versatile amp to save you upgrading your amp again. Spend a bit more upfront to save later on.

Jul 28, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #4,952 of 10,994
Quote:
Don't know about the Pan Am but I upgraded from Meier Audio Jazz to WA2 and it was totally worth it. Additional clarity and presence. I think if you're planning to stick with the T1s, the WA2 is a wise investment.

If you're looking to add orthos to your headphone collection I'd consider a more versatile amp to save you upgrading your amp again. Spend a bit more upfront to save later on.

I already have LCD2s that I am also using with Pan Am. And yes, I am planing to stick with T1s. I am leaning towards WA2, but I am also considering CSP2+.
Can anybody comment on CSP2+ vs WA2 for T1?
At the moment I am deciding wich DAC will be best option/match for T1. Any suggestion? 

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #4,953 of 10,994
Quote:
I already have LCD2s that I am also using with Pan Am. And yes, I am planing to stick with T1s. I am leaning towards WA2, but I am also considering CSP2+.
Can anybody comment on CSP2+ vs WA2 for T1?
At the moment I am deciding wich DAC will be best option/match for T1. Any suggestion? 

Whats your price range for the DAC?
Do you require USB input?
Do you want to play back 24/192 and higher?
Do you require XLR output?
Do you require additional features, such as, pre-amp, filter options, etc.?

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #4,954 of 10,994
Quote:
Which DAC is best match with T1?
I will replace internal DAC of Alo Pan Am with it and will probably buy WA2 or CSP2+ AMP in the near future. I was thinking  of yulong D18. By the way which AMP is better choice for T1, WA2 or CSP2+? I was thinking also about Meier Daccorda/Classic combo, but I am afraid that T1 will sound thin with this combo. What about Daccorda + WA2 or CSP2+? Can anybody comment if upgrade from Alo Pan Am to WA2 or CSP2+ will be worth it?

T1 definitely sound neither thin nor warm, with meier classic at least. It is a very clear and slightly energetic sound with tight and punchy bass. I haven't heard much of other amps to compare.  Again, it will depend on your perception of being thin. If you compare T1 with, say HE-500, both driven by classic, T1 will sound thin in comparison to HE500.

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #4,955 of 10,994
Quote:
Whats your price range for the DAC?
Do you require USB input?
Do you want to play back 24/192 and higher?
Do you require XLR output?
Do you require additional features, such as, pre-amp, filter options, etc.?

Whats your price range for the DAC? = <1200$
Do you require USB input? = Yes
Do you want to play back 24/192 and higher? = NO
Do you require XLR output? NO
Do you require additional features, such as, pre-amp, filter options, etc.? NO

Jul 28, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #4,956 of 10,994
Quote:

Whats your price range for the DAC? = <1200$
Do you require USB input? = Yes
Do you want to play back 24/192 and higher? = NO
Do you require XLR output? NO
Do you require additional features, such as, pre-amp, filter options, etc.? NO

I would recommend the Jkenny Ciunas DAC and SPDIF converter combo.

Impressions here

Jul 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #4,959 of 10,994
Quote:
I would recommend the Jkenny Ciunas DAC and SPDIF converter combo.

Impressions here

Is there need to buy both units(converter and dac)? Does not Ciunas DAC do the same think as converter except that it also have DAC section?
From product website:
" It essentially incorporates the same USB technology as the Ciúnas USB converter but feeds an I2S signal to a PCM5102 BB/TI DAC chip. The PCM5102 DAC sounds superior to the ESS Sabre DAC ES9023 used in one of my previous DAC products. "

https://sites.google.com/site/jkciunas/ciunas-dac

Jul 29, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #4,960 of 10,994

Can anybody comment on 
CSP2+ vs WA2 for T1?

could try asking skylab i think he owned both csp2+ and wa2 at one point

Jul 30, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #4,963 of 10,994
Jul 30, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #4,964 of 10,994
Quote:
Which would sound better with the T1's. The Meier classic/daccord stack or the WA 7?

I actually did a cost comparison prior to buying the Meier stack.  Bottom line WA 7 could be a better sounding combo in the end but at the cost of upgrading to more expensive tubes.  I prefer the simplicity of solid state.  I already went thru several rounds of tube rolling with a cheaper amp.  Frankly the Meier sounds amazing.  No long warm up prior to listening and no second guessing about which tubes to upgrade up to.

Jul 30, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #4,965 of 10,994
Quote:
I actually did a cost comparison prior to buying the Meier stack.  Bottom line WA 7 could be a better sounding combo in the end but at the cost of upgrading to more expensive tubes.  I prefer the simplicity of solid state.  I already went thru several rounds of tube rolling with a cheaper amp.  Frankly the Meier sounds amazing.  No long warm up prior to listening and no second guessing about which tubes to upgrade up to.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't the tube upgrades for the WA7 cheap and i don't think there are even that many. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back