The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 22, 2013 at 1:04 AM Post #4,261 of 10,994
I would advise against doing an HD800 to T1 comparison in here. This is the T1 owner club and appreciation thread. May i suggest that if a HD800 vs T1 thread  be created if it is needed? :) I feel that topic is not in keeping with the spirit of the thread.   

May 22, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #4,262 of 10,994
Wow, if you guys want a great album to demo on the T1s, fire up Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams" album. I'm listening to the track called "Banana Pancakes" and I can't believe how much instrumental separation and spot-on imaging is present. Beautiful three dimensional presentation with the sound of raindrops off in the background. I've always enjoyed this album, but it was the first time I've heard it on the T1s. 

This is with some pretty modest upstream gear - an Audioengine D1 DAC, AppleTV (optical out) and my Meier Corda Jazz amp. I can't wait to upgrade the gear and take the T1s to another level...love these phones. 

May 22, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #4,263 of 10,994
Wow, if you guys want a great album to demo on the T1s, fire up Jack Johnson's "In Between Dreams" album. I'm listening to the track called "Banana Pancakes" and I can't believe how much instrumental separation and spot-on imaging is present. Beautiful three dimensional presentation with the sound of raindrops off in the background. I've always enjoyed this album, but it was the first time I've heard it on the T1s. 

This is with some pretty modest upstream gear - an Audioengine D1 DAC, AppleTV (optical out) and my Meier Corda Jazz amp. I can't wait to upgrade the gear and take the T1s to another level...love these phones. 

+1

Very good album on the T1 indeed.

May 22, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #4,264 of 10,994
May 22, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #4,266 of 10,994
Quote:
Preferred the LoTR trilogy soundtrack over The Hobbit's ost though. Especially rotk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice...I love soundtracks. The Braveheart one has all sorts of really neat instrumentation that the T1s do a fantastic job of reproducing...

May 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #4,267 of 10,994
Quote:

Hey Focker,

I think I recall that, at one time, you wrote that you were using a tube buffer (which one?) between your DAC (which one?) and amp (which one?) to the T1.  Is that true?

I've been experimenting with a Decware ZSTAGE between my DACmini CX DAC section and Burson Soloist - to the T1.

Thanks,

Mike

Edit:  And thanks for the track recommendation - I'll check it out. 
biggrin.gif

May 22, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #4,268 of 10,994
Quote:

Hey Focker,

I think I recall that, at one time, you wrote that you were using a tube buffer (which one?) between your DAC (which one?) and amp (which one?) to the T1.  Is that true?

I've been experimenting with a Decware ZSTAGE between my DACmini CX DAC section and Burson Soloist - to the T1.

Thanks,

Mike

Edit:  And thanks for the track recommendation - I'll check it out. 
biggrin.gif

Hi Mike: Yep, you're exactly right....good memory :)  I picked up a Grant Fidelity buffer a couple years ago. Even though it still has the cheapo tubes in it, I enjoy it quite a bit.  It's a re-badged Yaqin piece...built like a tank.  Unfortunately the owner of Grant Fidelity has taken ill with cancer and I dont' think it's available anymore, but they show up on the used market from time to time. 

Here's a review of the original one....mine was the MkII:
 http://www.highfidelityreview.com/grant-fidelity-b-283.html

...and a thread on head-fi from a while back: 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/409102/grant-fidelity-yaqin-tube-buffer-great-tube-sound-or-splitting-hairs

...and a pic of the mkII

May 22, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #4,269 of 10,994
Quote:

+1  

Quote:
I bet the Hobbit film would sound amazing on the T1s, as well, eh? :wink:

i watched it with LCD-2's 
frown.gif

May 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #4,272 of 10,994
Just got my DAC and I'm so happy with how much the T1 sounds :beyersmile:
I'm literally wiggling left and right wanting to cuddle something!

Please don't tell me I'm the only one :blink:

Dw ur not :p

May 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #4,275 of 10,994
Quote:
I second that, a T1 vs HD 800 vs LCD2 would be awesome.

It would be certainly nice but LCD-2 are really a lot different from HD800... Of course, you can enjoy both but if you only want to choose one, it's really difficult to decide unless you heard both. I would advise to ignore all comments about abou LCD-2 being too dark and HD800 too bright (it can be true for some but that's not what you should care at first). What is important - LCD-2 are all about musicality and bass while HD800 are trully a great demonstration of how far you can go with headphones today in terms of accurate reproduction and spatial interpretation of your audio files (at least in sub-2000USD category).

T1 should be somewhere in the middle, being nearer to HD800... That said, there are threads on head-fi demonstrating that T1 suffer from driver variations/manufacturing instability. There are pairs that measure quite nice and others that are rather bad. There are people who find their pairs musical, and too bright (regardless amplification they use) as well which also implies some significant variation in treble response... I don't know the situation today though (2013).

http://www.head-fi.org/t/574139/t1-channel-imbalance-and-beyer-tesla-headphone-variance-issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back