The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 20, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #4,247 of 10,994
Quote:
Care to tell us why?

I found the T1s were more dynamic with the OTL amp over the Lyr (which I really didn't like with my HD800s or T1s). It was good with my LCD-2s and not so bad with my HE-6s.

May 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #4,248 of 10,994
Well.... just pulled the trigger on these.... 950 brand new sealed from Razordog. Will comment when I get them...

May 21, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #4,250 of 10,994
Quote:
I found the T1s were more dynamic with the OTL amp over the Lyr (which I really didn't like with my HD800s or T1s). It was good with my LCD-2s and not so bad with my HE-6s.

beerchug.gif

May 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #4,251 of 10,994
@preproman
Which amps other than the one in your rig that you've enjoyed with HE-6?

May 21, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #4,252 of 10,994
Not unbearable due to sibilance, no.

Hehe maybe it's my source, don't think those particular CD rips were any good, pre headfi days. Thanks for the responses :p

May 21, 2013 at 7:21 AM Post #4,253 of 10,994
Quote:
I notice recently that my T1 seems to be putting out weird low level distortion from my right cup when playing classical piano piece especially during the quite intro. At first I thought this is due to the recording of a particular album but this issue seems to be present in many other recordings. Check out Debussy "Reverie" or "Les Saisons" by Tchaikovsky. The distortion sounds like a scratchy noise, or a buzzing sound that follows a piano key strike, like a distorted echo. I didn't notice this with string composition, loud or quiet, pop, loud rock or power ballad, piano jazz, and electronica. Is this a manufacturing flaw of the Beyerdynamic T1, or is this somekind of terrible blessing of T1, its incredible sensitivity to poor recording?

My local dealer has ignored my 2 emails so far. I have to go and bug them some more.

Quote:

another thing i noted is that some of the silky mesh grills of the coup between the driver and the ear (green) tend to vibrate when i tested the cans with a sine wave, 50 hz and lower, at very loud volume, louder than anyone could listen to, but i wanted to point that so you wouldn't mistake it for a driver failure, it sounds like brrrrr, grrrrr, srrrrrr, and if you lightly touch the grills it stops  

May 21, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #4,254 of 10,994
Quote:
@preproman
Which amps other than the one in your rig that you've enjoyed with HE-6?

The Mjolnir = OK
The GS-X mkII = OK
The BHA-1 = Not good
The Balanced B22 = OK
The Emotiva a-100 = on the better side of OK - pretty good.
Emotiva UPA-1s mono blocks = Good- better than the a-100
Rotel RMB-100 mono blocks = Good better than the a-100 on the same level as the UPA-1s with less of a sound stage.
Beta 24 speaker amp = Good - not as good as either of the mono blocks
Sim Audio Moon 600i / 700i Integrated Amps = The best I've ever heard (went to the audio store)  cost way to much money.
PrimaLuna Tube power amp and integrated amps = Did just OK
Audio GD Master 3 = very good / warm, intimate less airy and open smaller sound stage when compared to the F1J.
First Watt F1J = The best I've heard that I can afford.  Paired with the PWD mkII is really awesome.  

May 21, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #4,256 of 10,994
Quote:
Truly agreed with you! I was listening to my WA2 with LCD3 for more than 9 months, when I decided to try out T1. Now, there is no looking back, bye bye Audeze....

The WA2 is far from the best match for the LCD-3s. I however cannot agree with this. The LCD-3s are MUCH better headphones than the T1s (thus me no longer owning the beyers...though I did like them quite a bit with the WA2). 

Quote:

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

May 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #4,257 of 10,994
Quote:
I notice recently that my T1 seems to be putting out weird low level distortion from my right cup when playing classical piano piece especially during the quite intro. At first I thought this is due to the recording of a particular album but this issue seems to be present in many other recordings. Check out Debussy "Reverie" or "Les Saisons" by Tchaikovsky. The distortion sounds like a scratchy noise, or a buzzing sound that follows a piano key strike, like a distorted echo. I didn't notice this with string composition, loud or quiet, pop, loud rock or power ballad, piano jazz, and electronica. Is this a manufacturing flaw of the Beyerdynamic T1, or is this somekind of terrible blessing of T1, its incredible sensitivity to poor recording?

My local dealer has ignored my 2 emails so far. I have to go and bug them some more.

UPDATE:

For some reason, I didn't hear this soft buzzing sound anymore (see post above). 
A few theories/explanations:

1. If this is due to loose mesh like somebody have pointed out, the parts may have settled after I banged my table in frustrations (LOL)
2. This could be due to ...uh, dirty mains? I live in a high rise apartment.
3. My Arcam rPac is USB-connected to Mac Mini, could there be somekind of electronic contamination
4. Cabling issue? Will that come and go?

Whatever it is, I am a happy camper now 
beyersmile.png

May 22, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #4,260 of 10,994
Quote:
Hd800s vs T1s ?

*puts on flame repellent suit*

Dude, have you really not found an endless number of threads and posts about the T1 vs HD800 thing? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back