The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM Post #4,231 of 10,994
Quote:
I've got a pair of T1s with WA2 amp - does anyone find listening to Adele or Mariah Carey unbearable due to sibilance?

Not unbearable due to sibilance, no.

May 20, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #4,233 of 10,994
Quote:

For a budget, the Valhalla/Bifrost combination would be a great starting point for the T1s. The Lyr is a great ortho amp, but not the best with either the T1 or HD800 from my experiences (with some very good tubes too).

Lyr + T1 is not a great combo? While I have not tried this pairing, a lot have recommended Lyr with T1 on this forum, including the man Jason of Schiit Audio himself!

May 20, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #4,235 of 10,994
Do keep in mind that Asgard and Lyr are only two amps I have spent considerable amount of time with. Sure, Asgard is less bright, but I found Lyr with Siemens E88CC especially to be far better in many aspects. Asgard sounds slightly veiled in comparison to Lyr.

On the side note, I've read a review by Zombie_X about warm solid state V200. This could be another warm solid state amp for T1 as well. Though I will say, Asgard is not really warm, just that less tighter bass at times and slightly? tamed treble. Asgard helps a lot with denons due to this reason, I think.

May 20, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #4,236 of 10,994
Quote:

Lyr + T1 is not a great combo? While I have not tried this pairing, a lot have recommended Lyr with T1 on this forum, including the man Jason of Schiit Audio himself!

I can definitely live with that, tube dependent albeit. For T1, Siemens E88CCs are my favorite so far, followed by Bugle Boys. HD600s surprisingly matches with most of the tubes I tried, tolerable differences for me. That said, I have not really heard and compared with other amps before. I am waiting for Meier Classic to arrive and how it fares with T1 in comparison with Lyr.
And I think Jason would have said Valhalla would be more natural and holographic compared with more dynamic and punchy Lyr for T1.

May 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #4,239 of 10,994
Quote:
I can definitely live with that, tube dependent albeit. For T1, Siemens E88CCs are my favorite so far, followed by Bugle Boys. HD600s surprisingly matches with most of the tubes I tried, tolerable differences for me. That said, I have not really heard and compared with other amps before. I am waiting for Meier Classic to arrive and how it fares with T1 in comparison with Lyr.
And I think Jason would have said Valhalla would be more natural and holographic compared with more dynamic and punchy Lyr for T1.

tubes are amp dependent as well, i have T1/WA2 and the Bugle boys just don't do it for me, they sound weird, but they work great with HD 800.

May 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #4,241 of 10,994
that's my next purchase

May 20, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #4,242 of 10,994
Quote:
Dubstep, have a look at this and tell me what you think.

http://www.iconaudio.com/portfolio-item/icon-audio-hp8-mkii/

looks cute

May 20, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #4,243 of 10,994
that's my next purchase

The Icon? I've been tempted to buy it for months. I'm sure it'd match perfectly with the T1 but something's always held me back from pulling the trigger. I doubt many people in these forums have heard it as it's British and obscure. Purchasing that would also mean letting go of my Graham Slee, which I'm very reluctant to do.

May 20, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,244 of 10,994
Quote:

I preferred the Valhalla with the T1s over the Lyr.

May 20, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #4,245 of 10,994
I notice recently that my T1 seems to be putting out weird low level distortion from my right cup when playing classical piano piece especially during the quite intro. At first I thought this is due to the recording of a particular album but this issue seems to be present in many other recordings. Check out Debussy "Reverie" or "Les Saisons" by Tchaikovsky. The distortion sounds like a scratchy noise, or a buzzing sound that follows a piano key strike, like a distorted echo. I didn't notice this with string composition, loud or quiet, pop, loud rock or power ballad, piano jazz, and electronica. Is this a manufacturing flaw of the Beyerdynamic T1, or is this somekind of terrible blessing of T1, its incredible sensitivity to poor recording?

My local dealer has ignored my 2 emails so far. I have to go and bug them some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back