The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 17, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #3,736 of 10,994
Checking them out now. May take some getting used to but it's not bad at all. Thanks for the recommendation. :)

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #3,737 of 10,994
If you want to buy a T1 :  http://www.materiel.net/casque-audiophile/beyerdynamic-casque-audio-t1-64438.html?affcode=criteo&utm_source=criteo&utm_term=Casque+Audio+T1&utm_medium=HiFi+et+Home-Cin%E9macpc&utm_campaign=retargeting

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #3,738 of 10,994
Quote:
Listening while burning in. Loving it so far. Even out of the box, I can tell the T1 is a keeper.
smily_headphones1.gif

OK, a week has passed since acquisition.  Is it too early to request a micro-review?  
tongue_smile.gif

I've had the Soloist and T1 for a couple of months now and have been looking forward to your input.

Thanks!

Mike

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #3,740 of 10,994
Anyone heard the Graham Slee amps with their T1? I'm really thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on an amp upgrade this summer and this is one I'm interested in so far, along with the Bursons. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #3,741 of 10,994
Hi.  Has anyone has these re-wired by Alo - or compared the ones from Alo with the standard?  If so i would love to hear thoughts on the differences.  Cheers Stu - from the land with the (currently) never ending summer.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #3,743 of 10,994
Quote:
Hi.  Has anyone has these re-wired by Alo - or compared the ones from Alo with the standard?  If so i would love to hear thoughts on the differences.  Cheers Stu - from the land with the (currently) never ending summer.

The cable is already of quite a high quality. I think just give them a try first and then after a while, and if you still think you need them re-cabled, then do so at a later date. 

Feb 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #3,744 of 10,994
I re-cabled my T1 simply because I found the stock one too heavy, uncomfortable, and aesthetically blah - I'm shallow that way. I just did it myself.

I'm not a believer in cableism, but I think it'd be pretty hard to improve on the stock cable unless for going balanced, or for superficial reasons of style and comfort (in which case almost anything is better).

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3,745 of 10,994
My first experience with the T1 was when it was recabled with Zeus OCC copper and I just loved them so much, I ordered my pair that way. I have not heard a stock T1, but it seems that it is very, very good in its own right.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #3,747 of 10,994
I've tried the J$ version 2 leather pads for beyers with my T1. At first I thought I liked the sound, there was a bit more bass and everything sounded "fuller". But then when I switched back to the normal pads I realized actually how muddy it was. Not recommended, in my opinion (although after reading my old post in the linked thread, apparently if you'd asked me about a year ago I'd tell you the opposite...)

I like the pads with the DT990 though, no bloated bass problems there, I think it might have to do with the fact that they are completely open.

Feb 23, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #3,748 of 10,994
Quote:
I've tried the J$ version 2 leather pads for beyers with my T1. At first I thought I liked the sound, there was a bit more bass and everything sounded "fuller". But then when I switched back to the normal pads I realized actually how muddy it was. Not recommended, in my opinion (although after reading my old post in the linked thread, apparently if you'd asked me about a year ago I'd tell you the opposite...)

I like the pads with the DT990 though, no bloated bass problems there, I think it might have to do with the fact that they are completely open.

That was exactly my experience with Beyer Manufaktur leather pads on DT880.

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #3,749 of 10,994
I tried the HE-6 pleather pads with my T1s and the sound was more or less unchanged. This made me order 2 J$ pads from wje as I can't stand the stock T1 pads due to the heat here in Australia, even with room temperature at sub 20 degrees.

Feb 24, 2013 at 1:34 AM Post #3,750 of 10,994
Hmm.. I'm thinking if grabbing T1s with my La Figaro 339 tube amp.

My concern is I am into strong bass response with a good thump. Will T1s do the job in bass department? Should I expect more or less bass punch than my HD650s? Seems like T1 does everything else perfectly as I like it though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back