The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #2,761 of 10,994
Quote:

Are the TWAG T1's balanced. How do they compare to the stock T1's?

I have the TWAG2 cable on my LCD2's and I am contemplating getting my T1's re-cables or just re-terminate to balanced.

Thanks

I got my T1 completely recabled. I found the cable too microphonic (just lightly rub it with your finger lol), and is prone to cuts and office chair rollers (kinks). I went with Moon Audio and couldn't be happier. Zero microphonics and the cable is incredibly resilient. However, it's very convenient the T1 comes balanced stock, so you can simply reterminate if you want to save some cash.

Jun 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #2,762 of 10,994
Hi,

I don't find it all too different than using UPOCC copper, just maybe it was a tiny bit more detail. Also the TWAG is single ended.

Quote:

Are the TWAG T1's balanced. How do they compare to the stock T1's?

I have the TWAG2 cable on my LCD2's and I am contemplating getting my T1's re-cables or just re-terminate to balanced.

Thanks

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #2,763 of 10,994
Quote:
Hi,

Welcome to Club T1! I think the Burson is a great amp and I think it sounds great with the T1, though the general consensus thinks otherwise. It's a little bit of a bright amp, but not so much. What's nice is that it has a DAC and a pre-amp built in, so those are a plus to me. 

If you do not need the DAC or pre-amp, you could look into a SPL Auditor. It's a very neutral amp and a perfect match for the T1. As a piece of studio gear you can bet it's highly detailed and resolving, though not clinical or bright. A downside is it is not optimized for low impedance loads at all.

If you want warmth and musicality, then look to the Violectric V200. It's a very warm sounding solid state amp and can drive the T1 effortlessly. It has a euphonic or tube like signature which is pleasing and non-fatiguing. Also the amp can drive a wide range of impedance loads.

Hello Zombie_X,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already bought a burson HA160DS and a friend of mine kindly lent me his T1 and it works very well for my music (mostly rock).

For SPL auditor I've never try it because there are no one in my local forum own it, but 2 or 3 months ago I've got a chance to try the SPL phonitor in jaben, is the auditor sounds like the phonitor?

for the violectric v200 I think it's not my taste, but if I got a chance to try it I'll try to pair it with T1

thanks

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #2,764 of 10,994
Quote:
Hello Zombie_X,

Thank you for the suggestion, but I already bought a burson HA160DS and a friend of mine kindly lent me his T1 and it works very well for my music (mostly rock).

For SPL auditor I've never try it because there are no one in my local forum own it, but 2 or 3 months ago I've got a chance to try the SPL phonitor in jaben, is the auditor sounds like the phonitor?

for the violectric v200 I think it's not my taste, but if I got a chance to try it I'll try to pair it with T1

thanks

Gosh look at that T1 & LCD2, I should come and give it a try
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #2,768 of 10,994
Quote:
I keep hearing about the Audeze LCD-2 and I really want to hear it! I have no way to audition it though, don't think any local stores carry it

Same here...I'm not sure it's my cup of tea since it's supposed to be a darker sound signature, but I really want to audition a pair. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #2,769 of 10,994
I think I tend to prefer darker headphones, at least judging from my DT880, which rolls off the highs. I've never heard the HD650 though, which is supposed to be the epitome of dark, veiled sound. I had the HD555 as my first phone but I can't remember my impression anymore, the sound signature imprint has been wiped clean by newer phones ;D

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #2,770 of 10,994
Quote:
I think I tend to prefer darker headphones, at least judging from my DT880, which rolls off the highs. I've never heard the HD650 though, which is supposed to be the epitome of dark, veiled sound. I had the HD555 as my first phone but I can't remember my impression anymore, the sound signature imprint has been wiped clean by newer phones ;D

Sounds like the LCD-2s might be right up your alley then...I know of the pro reviews I read from 6 Moons was just glowing about them...I think one of their people considered them the best headphones he's ever heard. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #2,771 of 10,994
Owner #4726 I listen mostly to classical and jazz. Has anyone done a review comparing different upgrade cables with the T1? Can detachable connectors be fitted on theT1's to use detachable cables? Any links to threads and comments would be appreciated.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #2,772 of 10,994
@Focker:
I've heard the LCD-2 and the HE-6. In general, they are absolutely great. They sound more like a "live" listening environment, than a studio one. The quick beats from drums and guitars are clearly separated and not melded together, excellent PRaT would be the term. The major difference compared to the T1 and other "normal" headphones is the way imaging and soundstage is presented. This is where the LCD and HE-6 falter. The sound is more Left/Right, instead of all around. Kind of like poorly positioned speakers. They are excellent for anything that has a fast pace and just want to hear the music, not so much for listening to additional detail and ambient environmental sounds in the recording. I hope I explained that in an understandable manner lol. One major drawback I personally found is that they are quite uncomfortable and it's nearly impossible to lay down with them without doing some serious adjustment. Extreme head adjustments tend not to matter for imaging either. Think of them like a "helmet with tower speakers" lol. All in all, I had to choose one headphone over the 6 flagships i demo'ed at home and the T1 won out overall (for unsurpassed flexibility across several factors). The HE-6 was second, but you're very limited in amp choices and they are the most uncomfortable IMO.

Jun 29, 2012 at 4:17 AM Post #2,773 of 10,994
Brunk: thanks for that feedback...always glad to hear others' experiences where the T1s hold up well. I have yet to hear some of the other flagships that are most popular here on head-fi, so I'm looking forward to comparing and contrasting them with the T1s. 

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #2,774 of 10,994
Quote:
@Focker:
I've heard the LCD-2 and the HE-6. In general, they are absolutely great. They sound more like a "live" listening environment, than a studio one. The quick beats from drums and guitars are clearly separated and not melded together, excellent PRaT would be the term. The major difference compared to the T1 and other "normal" headphones is the way imaging and soundstage is presented. This is where the LCD and HE-6 falter. The sound is more Left/Right, instead of all around. Kind of like poorly positioned speakers. They are excellent for anything that has a fast pace and just want to hear the music, not so much for listening to additional detail and ambient environmental sounds in the recording. I hope I explained that in an understandable manner lol. One major drawback I personally found is that they are quite uncomfortable and it's nearly impossible to lay down with them without doing some serious adjustment. Extreme head adjustments tend not to matter for imaging either. Think of them like a "helmet with tower speakers" lol. All in all, I had to choose one headphone over the 6 flagships i demo'ed at home and the T1 won out overall (for unsurpassed flexibility across several factors). The HE-6 was second, but you're very limited in amp choices and they are the most uncomfortable IMO.

This is most likely the case with all orthos. I have the HE-4 and lately I've been kinda unsatisfied with soundstage and presentation. Like you said, it is "Left/Right." While the sound is top notch with clarity, speed, and body, the immersion isn't there for me. So I have decided that my next headphone will by dynamic, hopefully the T1!

Jun 29, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #2,775 of 10,994
Quote:
@Focker:
 The major difference compared to the T1 and other "normal" headphones is the way imaging and soundstage is presented. This is where the LCD and HE-6 falter. The sound is more Left/Right, instead of all around. Kind of like poorly positioned speakers. They are excellent for anything that has a fast pace and just want to hear the music, not so much for listening to additional detail and ambient environmental sounds in the recording.

+1

thats exactly how i feel about their imaging/soundstage. any vocals sound amazing on the LCD-2. they're great for hip/hop, rap, electronic, pop, and rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back