The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 18, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #2,221 of 10,994

Quote:

I didn't find much burn in at all. Starting to believe it is just a myth. Perhaps there is a break in for the first few hours, but all the other changes are your ears adjusting to the sound signature of the headphone, IMO.

Why did you order from Germany when you live in the USA? Seems like that wouldn't get you a great price.

Cool, thanks...that is consistent with the other opinion I heard thus far.

I purchased a Meier amp and initially decided against the combo package with the T1. Then after hearing the DT880, I liked them but knew I wanted more, so I asked Jan if he would still entertain the combo discount since I had very recently received the amp. He honored it, and so I got the T1s for a fair bit less than what I would have paid elsewhere. I have to wait a few extra days for the shipping (takes about 6 days via DHL), but I learned patience in this hobby long ago :)  Besides, I have my Grado 325s to keep me plenty happy in the meantime.

But yeah, for anyone looking for an amp at the same time, Jan Meier offers a great deal on the package...

Mar 21, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #2,222 of 10,994
So I've had mine for 2 months now and they still gets me smiling every time I put them on. In fact they sound even better now than when I first got them. These cans are amazing.

Since I got them I've been listening to music every day with the exception of a few days spent in the mountain. I EFFING LOVE THE T1!

Just had to vent my affection.

Mar 21, 2012 at 5:25 PM Post #2,224 of 10,994
Mar 22, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #2,227 of 10,994

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElyrionX 

Hi guys, I've owned a pair of T1s for about half a year now. I've paired them up with the Peachtree Nova and it's been all good thus far. However, at times, I do notice that the T1s don't feel engaging enough. Everything feels a bit too "distant". I listen primarily to progressive rock/metal. So now, I'm thinking of acquiring another pair of high-end headphones to complement the T1s which I can use when I feel the need to be closer to the music. Any recommendations? I have auditioned the Audeze LCD2 and the HD800 but those don't do anything for me at all.

OMG...I just obtained the headphones and you're spot on! It's been going well with trance/dance songs, but kinda doesn't go hand in hand with hip hop songs.

Will try out with different amps and will report back later....

Mar 24, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #2,228 of 10,994
Last Saturday I became the owner of a brand new pair of T1 which died last night.

Right volume was suddenly gone.

Store which I got it from had a 7day exchange policy and I promptly changed it today for a new pair.

I pair the T1 with the A1.  

My source is a iPod classic.

Gonna get a nice dock and DAC soon.  

I mostly listen to podcast (talk shows).   Not sure if a DAC gonna make any difference with podcast.

For music, I have my QUAD CD and amps with my Harbeth S-HL5 speakers to sing for me.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #2,231 of 10,994

Quote:
Congrats! That's a fine looking headphone stand as well. Who makes that?

Thanks! That's a Larry Dale original from www.headphile.com

I wasn't going to drop the money on it, but when I decided to spring for the T1 I thought it needed a nice home :)

On first listen, the T1s are notably better than the DT880s (600). The low end is so good that it's startling. The crispness and "kick" of the drums is really making an impact. Vocals are unbelievably clear and natural. Sound stage isn't huge, but it seems right. (I really can't get over the bass....wow!).  This is a much bigger difference than I anticipated...seems like several people told me that they were not a HUGE step up from the 880s, but I'm actually finding them to be well worth the price premium so far. Im going to let them play for a few hours while I head out to dinner and a movie and then will do some more listening when I get home.

The T1s are exceeding expectations so far, though.

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #2,232 of 10,994
i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #2,233 of 10,994
That is along time. you could have had mine all these time to keep you company,  

just started using it again after weeks of collection dust. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #2,234 of 10,994

Quote:
i really miss my T1, gonna call monday and see why its been almost 3 months now....

What happened to it?? (I haven't read all the back posts, so sorry if you've already said lol)

I'm going to say this as objectively as I can...I question whether some naysayers have even taken the time to listen to this phone. And if they have, I wonder if they had a proper amp. I've been around high end home audio long enough to know when something sounds good. I was a bit nervous to order these (from Germany, especially) since I wasn't blown away by the DT880s. I don't usually like to post negative reviews on forums, and it wasn't a negative experience per se, but I expected more from the 880s. But these T1s are superior in pretty much every way. I'm sure the other reference phones that I haven't heard (LCD-2/3, HifiMan HE-6, Sennheiser 800, etc, etc) are in this ballpark, and we all have our individual preferences, but if headphone audio gets a lot better than the T1 then I REALLY underestimated this area of audio. The gear I've put together is pretty modest, so I expect there could be some gains with a better DAC and amp, but to my ears these cans are DAMN good.

Mar 24, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #2,235 of 10,994
i have dt 990 and the T1 is a huge step up.

LCD-2 and HD 800 are right in the same ball-park too. the improvement is definitely noticeable and worth it imo. ended up selling my hd 650 and grado sr325 so far.

gonna sell dt 990 and maybe k701 next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back