The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 3, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #10,562 of 10,994
The headband on my 1st gen T1 is in poor condition, so I would like to replace it. Beyerdynamic are asking an absurd €278 = $313 + shipping for a new T1 headband assembly!. For that much I would just rather buy a new cheaper headphone.

However I discovered that they are selling parts to the T1.2 that are more affordable.
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts/kopfpolster-kunstleder.html
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/shop/hah/spareparts/service-set-wippe-neu.html

Do any of you know if with these it would be possible to replace the headband om my 1st gen T1? Also I can't tell from the pictures, but it looks like those parts would just snap on without screws.

Also are there any other suitable good aftermarket/third-party replacement head-bands for the T1?

Aug 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #10,563 of 10,994
A little late to the game but I just got an early version T1 (<2000).
They really are efficient, with Meridian Explorer and Graham Slee Solo there is pretty much no play on the volume control. 7 / 8 oclock is loud enough even in my workspace, an open office with 5 or 6 people.

No isolation so a critical listening session will have to wait but first inpression is ok, bright but neutral and spacious. Coming from my most used, fun and bassy, HD25 it really is different. Can’t wait to try them at home soon. Reminds me a little of my Stax 404 but have to do a critical session soon.

How is the DT1770 compared to the T1? The T1 is just not useable at work but I want something different and more comfortable than the HD25 in the future (my stupid wallet uas the head-f shakes)

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #10,564 of 10,994
They really are efficient

wow, very odd. The T1 was the most inefficient and hard to drive headphone I ever owned.

The 1770 will sound much warmer than the T1. If you want something closer, get an Ether C (not flow).

Aug 10, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #10,565 of 10,994
Well, I really have very little play on the volume knob. Sadly no adapter for a direct connection to my phone or laptop.

Wow, suggest a headphne three times more than an already expensive $500 one... I’m not likely to pay more than a thousand bucks for a headphone (anymore ), with the sole exception of a Stax 007 sometime in the unforeseeable future. There are so many capable headphones at a lower price level it just doesn’t make sense.
I did love the Mad Dog on a meet but I thnk it’s unlikely I’ll get to try the Ether anytime soon and that money is just crazy... for me at this time anyway :D

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #10,566 of 10,994
Well, I really have very little play on the volume knob. Sadly no adapter for a direct connection to my phone or laptop.

Wow, suggest a headphne three times more than an already expensive $500 one... I’m not likely to pay more than a thousand bucks for a headphone, with the sole exception of a Stax 007 sometime in the unforeseeable future. I did love the Mad Dog on a meet but I thnk it’s unlikely I’ll get to try the Ether anytime soon and that money is just crazy... for me at this time anyway :D
You should be able to pick up a used one for ~$800-$900. You can also listen for free, if you have a dealer or meet near you.

Aug 10, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #10,567 of 10,994
Maybe. From my limited impressions so far, a little warmer doesn’t hurt and I do need an affordable good sounding closed headphone in a few months time. I figured a DT1770 would be only a little more than I just paid so would be a good option after selling this T1.
Actually, I was thinking about the DT770 when I stumbled upon the T1 so that was a stretch already.
Better listen myself, as always :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #10,570 of 10,994
I had T1 over 23000. It had excellent full and alive mids with great transparancy, one of the best bass quality Bass "especially midbass was great!" in dynamic driver tech, one of the best soundstage. Only fault was sharp highs, but if u use tube amp as Feliks audio it would be no problem Earlier models said to be thinner ir every way.

Oct 10, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #10,574 of 10,994
Hey all, looking at a pair of gen 1 t1s with a serial number 15xxx. Could anyone tell me what the differences from a batch this late compared to some earlier ones?

Most reports and some measurements suggest that late T1 (1st Gen) is slightly warmer and not as bright as early units (sn. under 3500 or so). Channel matching might be better as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back