The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Sep 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #9,736 of 10,994
  O god this is so epic with my T1 and Chord hugo, I have to share!

Try this 
dt880smile.png

Sep 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM Post #9,738 of 10,994
I find myself using my DT1350 more and more in spite of the uncomfortable earpads. This was my first Beyerdynamic headphone.
So now I am thinking of upgrading my beloved Ultrasone Pro 2900 with T1.
Can anyone compare the sound signature of DT1350 to T1? Even better if by chance any of you guys own(ed) Pro 2900 too, a comparison would be great.
Cheers. 

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #9,741 of 10,994
So, my college had a guitarist coming to perform... I noticed some speaker setup indoors and gave some critic ears and compared the same song on my T1.

wow T1 you sure are 
deadhorse.gif
. (except for staging, it's a loudspeaker, geez)
this college needs to spend more on speakers for sure.
well, that's another day in college, again, impressed by the sheer amount of detail and imaging on T1 (and some tonal balance, i dare to say against $650 speaker).

Sep 16, 2015 at 7:18 PM Post #9,742 of 10,994
  So, my college had a guitarist coming to perform... I noticed some speaker setup indoors and gave some critic ears and compared the same song on my T1.

wow T1 you sure are 
deadhorse.gif
. (except for staging, it's a loudspeaker, geez)
this college needs to spend more on speakers for sure.
well, that's another day in college, again, impressed by the sheer amount of detail and imaging on T1 (and some tonal balance, i dare to say against $650 speaker).

Budget PA speakers are typically aimed at efficiency and dispersion, not so much quality.  Frickin horn tweeters... ugh...

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #9,745 of 10,994
  How might these drivers sound different if say I didn't have the ground cable soldered in?

Are you indicating you are rewiring these and intend not to solder the ground or am I misunderstanding your question?

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #9,746 of 10,994
  Are you indicating you are rewiring these and intend not to solder the ground or am I misunderstanding your question?

Yes to your first question, and no to the second.

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #9,747 of 10,994
That will most likely result in one of three outcomes:

1) No sound in either channel
2) Mono sound
3) Sound in only one channel

Certainly no electrician but this doesn't sound like a good idea...

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #9,748 of 10,994
  That will most likely result in one of three outcomes:

1) No sound in either channel
2) Mono sound
3) Sound in only one channel

Certainly no electrician but this doesn't sound like a good idea...

I did the mod and I'm getting stereo audio to both of my channel (left channel gets left channel audio and right gets right). Do you think that maybe there are any changes that are more subtle that could happen from a mod like this, like something that I wouldn't notice unless if you pointed it out (maybe a faint hiss or a warm sound)?

Sep 19, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #9,750 of 10,994
  I did the mod and I'm getting stereo audio to both of my channel (left channel gets left channel audio and right gets right). Do you think that maybe there are any changes that are more subtle that could happen from a mod like this, like something that I wouldn't notice unless if you pointed it out (maybe a faint hiss or a warm sound)?

If there is no ground then there should be no sound.  Can you show a wiring diagram (from jack to headphone drivers) on what you did?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back