The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Aug 4, 2015 at 1:08 PM Post #9,481 of 10,994

The baffle frame looks much beefier. Also there is a rubber/plastic ring piece put at the end of the driver for dampening (similar to those goo of Grado?). I expect there will be a lot of people trying to mimic the V2 mod on their T1 V1.

Modding T1's baffle  must be careful, since easy to damage the voice coil.

Maybe can by new drivers from beyer directly ?
evil_smiley.gif

Truth. I'm pretty sure that's how mine broke. It's so stupid that they don't have any protection over the voice coil wire between the circuit and the diaphragm. That wire is like 1/4 of the width of a human hair. If you even touch it, it breaks. So be careful! Hopefully, they'll offer the V2 drivers on repairs.

Aug 5, 2015 at 1:14 AM Post #9,483 of 10,994
Just joined the T1 club. Thoroughly enjoying what I'm hearing so far. Got them in yesterday morning and have had them playing ever since. I feel like they're opening up more and more every time I put them on. Really impressed so far.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #9,486 of 10,994
How tight are the extenders (I don't know if they're called extenders, the ones used to adjust the size) supposed to be? Mine seem very loose. If I pick them up, they will extend almost all the way out just due to gravity. 

Aug 5, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #9,487 of 10,994
Looking forward to your thoughts on these
smily_headphones1.gif

Unfortunately, memory foam is not a part of v1.5. I conducted an abx test and heard no difference between the old and new baffle design. I could open up an earcup, take a look at the driver and see if the plastic ring is installed, but I'm afraid that might void the warranty. I've heard there's a sticker that breaks apart when the earcup is disassembled?

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #9,488 of 10,994
Unfortunately, memory foam is not a part of v1.5. I conducted an abx test and heard no difference between the old and new baffle design. I could open up an earcup, take a look at the driver and see if the plastic ring is installed, but I'm afraid that might void the warranty. I've heard there's a sticker that breaks apart when the earcup is disassembled?

I think the strenthern baffle will make a difference at higher volume playback. I find my T1 ver.1 perfectly fine at my listening volume.

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #9,489 of 10,994
  How tight are the extenders (I don't know if they're called extenders, the ones used to adjust the size) supposed to be? Mine seem very loose. If I pick them up, they will extend almost all the way out just due to gravity. 

It's "normal" that they're loose. They're like that on all Beyers except the pro models which have tight extenders. I have  to adjust my T1's every time I put them on because the cups just slide all the way out when I pick them up. I don't know if that was by design or not, but it sure is annoying.

Aug 6, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #9,490 of 10,994
I like the fact that they've decided to change two things that I'd improve on the T1, more bass and less highs. Hopefully they didn't go too far in that direction, but I always preferred my T1's with a 3-4 db boost under 100 hz.

Aug 6, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #9,491 of 10,994

Honestly, according to descriptions of V2 in Beyerdynamic's website, I don't expect a noticeable change in SQ. V2 has to have faster decay in treble and a little more bass (which can be done by EQ on V1). Although, we have to wait for someone who has heard both.

Aug 6, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #9,492 of 10,994
The T1 is capable of a lot more than you are hearing right now. The level of detail and magic that the T1 can reproduce just isn't present in the output of your Clip+ or your PC sound card.

I also own a pair of M50s. If I use them with my Arcam rPAC (£150), they sound good. If instead I use the T1, they sound just the same. Nothing special.

Switch to the iDSD and the M50 sounds a bit more alive but not much. The T1 meanwhile is clearly in a different league with the occasional "WOW". Add the iCAN and it's "WOW" all the way.

A headphone can only reproduce what it is fed. Cheap DACs just won't cut it. Crap in = crap out.

Finally it's been said a million times on here but I'll say it one more time for the newbies. Headphones need to break-in. I use 200 hours as a yardstick. Most 'phones will be done by then. I've had speakers that took longer, much longer.

You finally convinced me I need a good DAC.
I'm going to pull the trigger on the iFi Micro iDSD.

That DAC is going is cost as much as the headphones (I can also forget about the WA2), but I hope it really brings out the wow factor.

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #9,493 of 10,994

You finally convinced me I need a good DAC.
I'm going to pull the trigger on the iFi Micro iDSD.

That DAC is going is cost as much as the headphones (I can also forget about the WA2), but I hope it really brings out the wow factor.

I'm struggling for a dac too. My options are idac2, idsd, and Teac ud-301

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #9,495 of 10,994
I didn't like the fit of the DT880's. I thought they were too small so my ears were always touching the top of the cup and couldn't get a good seal. Would I have the same problem with the T1's, are they the same size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back