The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 17, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #9,077 of 10,994
I am strongly considering picking up a pair of these. I game a lot too, does anyone know how they perform for games? I'm assuming pretty well because of their wide soundstage.

They are AWESOME for gaming...my rig is as follow

Computer > Merridian explorer > Alo Mk3B+ > T1

without the merridian explore I find the sound is a little bit harsh on the treble and sometimes a little sibbilance, the Merridian also increase noticeable bass in the signature.

May 17, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #9,078 of 10,994
I am strongly considering picking up a pair of these. I game a lot too, does anyone know how they perform for games? I'm assuming pretty well because of their wide soundstage.

As Law87 said they are superb for gaming, though it will obviously depend on the games that you play. I myself play a lot of FPS games and the T1 is my daily driver. For BF4 the sound is truly phenomenal and I have spent more time listening to the game then actually running around and playing. I mainly play CS:GO and it is also very good, although it's not as mind-blowing as the audio in BF4. I would imagine that if you are into racing simulators and other atmospheric games that it would be very immersive. 

May 17, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #9,079 of 10,994
As Law87 said they are superb for gaming, though it will obviously depend on the games that you play. I myself play a lot of FPS games and the T1 is my daily driver. For BF4 the sound is truly phenomenal and I have spent more time listening to the game then actually running around and playing. I mainly play CS:GO and it is also very good, although it's not as mind-blowing as the audio in BF4. I would imagine that if you are into racing simulators and other atmospheric games that it would be very immersive. 

Thanks for the informative post, makes my decision easier!

May 17, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #9,080 of 10,994
I dont know if this counts (lol), but even though I'm only a part time gamer, I watch Twitch all the time on my T1s. It's pretty amazing how much detail there is and how good the audio is on some of these games. Sounds fantastic! 

May 19, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #9,081 of 10,994
i am not having problem with the T1 cable...
plug it into my tube amp, lie back on my couch,
enjoy the fine fine music.. 
sip wine..
close eyes....float on.

May 19, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #9,082 of 10,994
I found the best combo   Hugo TT >> beyer T1, sound full and top notch detail without any harshness . due to the lightweight I use them alot with gaming and watching youtube . I love them now more than before .
But I'm still thinking did I need to recable them or not ? I want the best out of T1 .

May 19, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #9,083 of 10,994
  I found the best combo   Hugo TT >> beyer T1, sound full and top notch detail without any harshness . due to the lightweight I use them alot with gaming and watching youtube . I love them now more than before .
But I'm still thinking did I need to recable them or not ? I want the best out of T1 .

IMO you dont need to re-cable it, it seems cable doesn't affect the T1 as much as Mr. Speakers alpha dog. On the AD the midrange was very noticeable. On the T1, I am having a hard time hearing the differences. Recable for durability and resale value (because of durability) not because of sonic improvement.

May 19, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #9,084 of 10,994

On the T1, I am having a hard time hearing the differences. Recable for durability and resale value (because of durability) not because of sonic improvement.

+1

May 19, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #9,085 of 10,994
How good is the A1 or A2 (any difference sonically?) pairing with the T1 compared to tubes like the LD amps or Schiit Valhalla 2/Lyr/Asgard? (basically: SS from beyer or other tube options)

May 20, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #9,087 of 10,994
buy a 200bucks Darkvoice 336se from Massdrop..and u are in heaven with the T1.

May 20, 2015 at 5:39 AM Post #9,088 of 10,994
IMO, the T1 needs a medium power, low NFB, discrete components solid state amp, to showcase its greatest strength of incredible depth of sound stage and layering. Luxman P-1u come to my mind. And of course my EPA-007 can drive the T1 beautifully.
wink_face.gif

May 20, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #9,089 of 10,994
  IMO, the T1 needs a medium power, low NFB, discrete components solid state amp, to showcase its greatest strength of incredible depth of sound stage and layering. Luxman P-1u come to my mind. And of course my EPA-007 can drive the T1 beautifully.
wink_face.gif

I'm not sure what "low NFB" is, but I agree about the solid state. I've always been more of a tube guy, but the T1s really do shine with a proper SS amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back