The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 12, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #9,046 of 10,994
Guys... My views on the Headphone...not anything on sound quality right now...

Aluminium Box came with a little crack on upper side
frown.gif
frown.gif

The CardBox Box was not Sealed.Is it that so?

The Headphones are very Light & comfortable (compared to previously having HE-400)

But didn't much like the looks, the colour is not white as shown in many pics esp. on amazon.com its a little pale golden colour you can say ...the same is with everyone else??
Also the designed grills on headphones cup were said to be very premium but it feels they are very light & cheap & seems if you touch it with your nails they can come out???

Your Views... Worried about if I received some wrong pair or fake pair....
blink.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

Its my first Flagship headphone of any company so obviously worried here ...

May 12, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #9,047 of 10,994

frown.gif
frown.gif

The Headphones are very Light & comfortable (compared to previously having HE-400)

But didn't much like the looks, the colour is not white as shown in many pics esp. on amazon.com its a little pale golden colour you can say ...the same is with everyone else??
Also the designed grills on headphones cup were said to be very premium but it feels they are very light & cheap & seems if you touch it with your nails they can come out???

blink.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

Where did you purchase them from? New or second hand? Does it have a serial number? Rest assured, they're not supposed to be white - the colour you described sounds about right, but you definitely shouldn't be able to prise out the grills on the back of the cup with a slight touch of your fingernail - they should be rock solid. Maybe you should post a couple of pictures if you're concerned about it being a fake pair.

May 12, 2015 at 7:02 PM Post #9,048 of 10,994

frown.gif
frown.gif

blink.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif
eek.gif

Mine is gray color :/  the grills are very tightly shut, I cant pry it off at all. can you take pictures?

May 12, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #9,049 of 10,994

Aluminium Box came with a little crack on upper side :frowning2: :frowning2:

Your Views... Worried about if I received some wrong pair or fake pair....:blink: :frowning2: :confused: :eek:

They're not supposed to be white...do you have photos showing them in white?
The crack on the box is common, my pair and my friend's have them.
Where did you buy from?

May 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #9,050 of 10,994
The grills on mine are solid, can't see the grill taking any sort damage even if I tried using my nails.
To me, the t1's are built like a tank and have a solid weight to them.  
All t1's should have beige color cups, definitely not white. 

May 13, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #9,051 of 10,994
They should look like this:

Definitely not white. The mesh covers fit from within and cannot be pried out with a nail.

Can't imagine what you are describing.

May 13, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #9,052 of 10,994

Gold color?? 
confused.gif

Grills that come out?? 
confused.gif

This sounds very suspect indeed...

BTW, what amp are you using that has a 3.5mm jack? These things really need some current to sound their best. 

May 13, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #9,053 of 10,994

BTW, what amp are you using that has a 3.5mm jack? These things really need some current to sound their best. 

I would say voltage swing instead of current.
Being a 600 Ohm headphone, the T1 drains very little current from the amp.

May 13, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #9,054 of 10,994
Folks you just got a lil wrong about my Grill design statement.

See :

Aluminium Box little Cracked : yes.
Card-BOX not sealed : yes.
pale Gold colour : yes but its colour changes a little with the way directly light falls upon it .So it is OK.
wink.gif

Grilled Design : I am not saying about the whole Grilled cup but grill design --> "//////" "\\\\" this pattern material looked little less good quality.

I will soon post pics.

May 13, 2015 at 1:45 PM Post #9,055 of 10,994
Folks you just got a lil wrong about my Grill design statement.

See :

Aluminium Box little Cracked : yes.
Card-BOX not sealed : yes.
pale Gold colour : yes but its colour changes a little with the way directly light falls upon it .So it is OK. :wink:

Grilled Design : I am not saying about the whole Grilled cup but grill design --> "//////" "\\\\" this pattern material looked little less good quality.

I will soon post pics.
Sooo... nitpicking? ;P

May 13, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #9,058 of 10,994
I have no complaints whatsoever with the construction and build quality of the T1.

May 13, 2015 at 7:36 PM Post #9,059 of 10,994
Yeah I have no qualms on the build on mine.  I never really got the "pale golden" color but all the bulbs in my house are of the simulated "daylight" variety.  Honestly my only issue with my T1 is it prefers Matsu****a tubes while most of the rest of my gear prefers the Phillips Miniwatts.  Too much top end with the Miniwatts + T1.

May 13, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #9,060 of 10,994
Build quality is superb I would say, just as good if not better than my HE-560s and Shure SRH-1540s.

The built in cable is also the best I have EVER seen. Love this cable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back