The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #9,031 of 10,994

I imagine I would trust a Head-fi user to sell quality use equipment over an anonymous ebayer, but I doubt I'd find a t1 at this price-point.

Is it $750USD? I am assuming you are from America, I am from Australia and currently there is a ad on Gumtree for T1's. The price is $800AUD (634USD) negotiable. I don't know if you want to buy international or not or if he's willing to sell them but I would put more trust in him then a anonymous eBay seller. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campsie/headphones-earphones/beyerdynamic-t1-up-for-sale-best-headphone-for-audiophile-/1077943090

May 9, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #9,032 of 10,994
  Is it $750USD? I am assuming you are from America, I am from Australia and currently there is a ad on Gumtree for T1's. The price is $800AUD (634USD) negotiable. I don't know if you want to buy international or not or if he's willing to sell them but I would put more trust in him then a anonymous eBay seller. 

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/campsie/headphones-earphones/beyerdynamic-t1-up-for-sale-best-headphone-for-audiophile-/1077943090

Am I allowed to post links?

May 9, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #9,034 of 10,994
  Do you know him personally, or do you just trust Gumtree users over ebay users? I might not be adverse to shipping internationally, if the freight charges aren't horrendous. If you think it's a good idea.

I don't know him personally, although I would trust gumtree users over ebay sellers. This particular user has been a member since 2011 which is a very good sign. If they were a user since 2015 then I would be hesitant to buy off of them. Standard shipping to the US would probably be like 25-40AUD. 

May 9, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #9,035 of 10,994
  Hey guys, quick question.
Now, I'm no fan of buying used stuff on ebay, especially this sort of stuff, but I had a user counteroffer $750 for a used t1 pair. Description says it was less than a year old but never had the dac/amp to drive them. Pictures show it being in pretty good condition.
What is Head-fi's thoughts on buying used?

If you're not in a rush they show up in the $800 range new and typically $600 used.

May 10, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #9,036 of 10,994
  Hey guys, quick question.
Now, I'm no fan of buying used stuff on ebay, especially this sort of stuff, but I had a user counteroffer $750 for a used t1 pair. Description says it was less than a year old but never had the dac/amp to drive them. Pictures show it being in pretty good condition.
What is Head-fi's thoughts on buying used?

I would look at the sellers selling feedback generally if they have been a ebay member for several years and have 100% feedback then there should be very little risk. Ebay protection is very much in the buyers favour. Also keep in mind the seller will not see all of the $750 asking offer price his fees will be eat up at least $75-$85.

If you not in a hurry there have been a few T1's Massdrop promotions and its been a while since the last.

May 10, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #9,037 of 10,994

I would look at the sellers selling feedback generally if they have been a ebay member for several years and have 100% feedback then there should be very little risk. Ebay protection is very much in the buyers favour. Also keep in mind the seller will not see all of the $750 asking offer price his fees will be eat up at least $75-$85.

If you not in a hurry there have been a few T1's Massdrop promotions and its been a while since the last.

I've been keeping an eye on Massdrop and have requested a t1. Will see.

May 10, 2015 at 10:32 PM Post #9,038 of 10,994
I designed and built an amp for my LCD2 to try to get it to sound more agressive, like my T1. The amp did make the LCD2 comparable to my T1+Crack, but then I plugged the T1 in to the amp, and it's off to the classifieds the LCD's go.

Gotta love the T1, surely the best all around headphone I have heard, even bests the 009 for more complex music.

May 12, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #9,040 of 10,994
Hi ALL ...have just joined T1 Club.....
beerchug.gif

but Man it does have only 1/4 stereo jack no 3.5 mm jack ???? Do I need to purchase any converter or what>>>>????

I will post my first view impressions latter.

Fast..Fast.Fast replies please.

May 12, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #9,041 of 10,994
Hi ALL ...have just joined T1 Club..... :beerchug:

but Man it does have only 1/4 stereo jack no 3.5 mm jack ???? Do I need to purchase any converter or what>>>>????

Yes, you need an adapter. It will cost you like $2 on eBay or amazon so don't worry, its not a big issue lol

May 12, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #9,042 of 10,994
  Hi ALL ...have just joined T1 Club.....
beerchug.gif

Yes, you need an adapter. It will cost you like $2 on eBay or amazon so don't worry, its not a big issue lol

Definitely a better option than re-cabling with a 3.5mm jack cable :wink:

May 12, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #9,044 of 10,994
Damn Yes... i checked this at the net...does this converter will have any impact over sound quality??

No. Don't let others tell you anything else haha, a 1" cable of fair copper construction won't have any effect

Users who are viewing this thread

Back