The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
May 1, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #9,005 of 10,994
  Many people also seemed to have a Balanced T1 too. What are the pros/cons does a Balanced T1 are having over the non- balanced one.
Is it worth a upgrade???

Worth? Don't think so... but I only have one T1, so I can't really compare as changing around simply takes too long.
On the other hand its very simple and I did the modification myself, so the costs were just two Neutrik XL4 connectors... no harm done.

May 1, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #9,007 of 10,994
  Many people also seemed to have a Balanced T1 too. What are the pros/cons does a Balanced T1 are having over the non- balanced one.
Is it worth a upgrade???

It's a relatively easy change to do and making an adapter to go back to SE is easy, as well.

T1s into my Ragnarok sound dramatically better as balanced. I would attribute this to the amp, rather than the T1s; but it is nice to have the option.

May 1, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #9,008 of 10,994
Is it worth a upgrade???

Nothing intrinsically better about balanced.... only makes sense if you want to use a balanced amp .... whose balanced output is likely better than its single ended output.

May 1, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #9,009 of 10,994
Thx  Friends!!! I got it that its main use & advantage is rater being used up with a balanced amp & ITS the amp making the difference there.

Guys we all talk here about T1 , praise it, some wanted to purchase it & etc etc but sometime it also feels bad if something bad is being said there for your beloved Headphone .

Just check below mentioned thread it seems that the guy their (also never mentions his source & amp) but almost trying to thrash T1 in clarity & sometime in bass being blurry & sometime soundstage (also praising too) when compared with other Headphones.

http://headfonics.com/2014/08/12-flagship-headphones-compared-the-totl-guide/

Do you want to comment upon it ??

Or if you  have exp. with other headphones compared to T1, is everything said there is true??.

May 1, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #9,012 of 10,994
Is anyone worried about the fact that the T1 has no removable cable?

I got a detachable mod - there are places out there that offer to do it if you can't do it yourself. The stock cable is thick and of good quality, but I just wanted the convenience of a shorter cable (got a 5ft cable) that made my headphones easier to store on a stand. IMO it's not a decision about sound quality, unless you're one of these people that puts massive stock by the SQ properties of different cables (I'm not), just a matter of convenience: I personally found the stock cable too long and inflexible. I believe you void the warranty though if you do a detachable mod, so that's something to consider.

May 1, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #9,013 of 10,994
I got a detachable mod - there are places out there that offer to do it if you can't do it yourself. The stock cable is thick and of good quality, but I just wanted the convenience of a shorter cable (got a 5ft cable) that made my headphones easier to store on a stand. IMO it's not a decision about sound quality, unless you're one of these people that puts massive stock by the SQ properties of different cables (I'm not), just a matter of convenience: I personally found the stock cable too long and inflexible. I believe you void the warranty though if you do a detachable mod, so that's something to consider.
It's ok as long as it's done by an authorized dealer/modder. Moon Audio and Sound Surgeon are both authorized by Beyer.

May 1, 2015 at 3:26 PM Post #9,014 of 10,994
The T1 is very easy to repair should the cable go bad and the cable it comes with is pretty good quality, if a bit unwieldy. I never worried about cable failure while I had the stock one on, but I've replaced mine just for convenience. It does void your warranty unless you have the services performed by an authorized location. 

May 1, 2015 at 5:14 PM Post #9,015 of 10,994
  Thx  Friends!!! I got it that its main use & advantage is rater being used up with a balanced amp & ITS the amp making the difference there.

Guys we all talk here about T1 , praise it, some wanted to purchase it & etc etc but sometime it also feels bad if something bad is being said there for your beloved Headphone .

Just check below mentioned thread it seems that the guy their (also never mentions his source & amp) but almost trying to thrash T1 in clarity & sometime in bass being blurry & sometime soundstage (also praising too) when compared with other Headphones.

http://headfonics.com/2014/08/12-flagship-headphones-compared-the-totl-guide/

Do you want to comment upon it ??

Or if you  have exp. with other headphones compared to T1, is everything said there is true??.

Yeah, I've read this blog post before. The only headphone I've heard which he directly compares the T1 to is the Oppo PM-1 and I disagree with a lot of the comparison. He says: "he PM-1 is noticeably more impacting" - debatable; not to my ears. "PM-1 offers more clarity all round" - definitely not. The T1 has a "mildly relaxed presentation" - no, the PM-1 does; it's smoothness headphonified. I wouldn't let these kind of criticisms bother you - when you're talking about impressions, it's all subjective at the end of the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back