The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 27, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #8,986 of 10,994
My Beyerdynamic T1 pads are really starting to wear out does anyone know where i can get some new ones i checked and i can only find the EDT990VB pads.
According to beyerdynamic the right pads are the EDT t1V and i can,t find them anywhere but the beyerdynamic shop that does not ship to my country.

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #8,987 of 10,994
  My Beyerdynamic T1 pads are really starting to wear out does anyone know where i can get some new ones i checked and i can only find the EDT990VB pads.
According to beyerdynamic the right pads are the EDT t1V and i can,t find them anywhere but the beyerdynamic shop that does not ship to my country.

Are you sure EDT 990 VB aren't the T1 stock pads? According to this thread they seem to be... http://www.head-fi.org/t/593147/where-to-buy-t1-replacement-ear-pads. Also, on Beyer's own site it says they are for the T1: http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/ohrmuschelsatz-34.html

Apr 27, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #8,988 of 10,994

Are you sure EDT 990 VB aren't the T1 stock pads? According to this thread they seem to be... http://www.head-fi.org/t/593147/where-to-buy-t1-replacement-ear-pads. Also, on Beyer's own site it says they are for the T1: http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/ohrmuschelsatz-34.html

Oops, sorry - didn't read that whole thread I linked to! Looks like EDT1V are correct after all..

Apr 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #8,989 of 10,994
Thats news to me too... for a long time the replacement pads on the german Beyerdynamic site were in fact the EDT990V, must be a rather recent change. But I always had the feeling that the pads differ in more than color between DT990 and T1...

Apr 27, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #8,991 of 10,994
  Sure Will wait for your Detailed comparision for both :D .

Loving them! I definitely prefer these over the HE-560s. They are very light and comfortable. Even though I would say I'm sensitive to treble, these are much easier to listen to then the 560s. The sound isn't all up in my face, and I can listen at normal levels without being annoyed. Although I will say it makes most of my music sound bad because they aren't mastered well, but I would still say it's a better experience than the 560s

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #8,992 of 10,994
  Loving them! I definitely prefer these over the HE-560s. They are very light and comfortable. Even though I would say I'm sensitive to treble, these are much easier to listen to then the 560s. The sound isn't all up in my face, and I can listen at normal levels without being annoyed. Although I will say it makes most of my music sound bad because they aren't mastered well, but I would still say it's a better experience than the 560s

How is the soundstage & bass of both compare, as planars seem to have a great depth & bass ??

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #8,994 of 10,994
How is the soundstage & bass of both compare, as planars seem to have a great depth & bass ??

I prefer the soundstage of the Tesla T1s. I like it a lot because it's very natural, where as the 560s had an akward sound stage imo. I also think the bass is more natural, and it's much richer.

Very happy with my purchase :D

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #8,995 of 10,994

beerchug.gif

I just got mine, You´re in for a treat :)

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #8,996 of 10,994

I just got mine, You´re in for a treat :)

Great!
dt880smile.png

My Asgard 2 is not here yet. Shipments to Argentina can be really unpredictable.

Early impressions?

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #8,997 of 10,994
Love seeing so many Head-fi'ers joining the T1 club lately! As most of us would probably agree, these headphones stand the test of time and sound just as good as they did (if not better!) than when we first fired them up. I'm about to hit my 3 year anniversary with my pair, and they have been an untouchable in my rig for all that time. I will never sell my pair and I continue to enjoy them quite often. Still the best movie headphones I own, in additional to also being fantastic for most any genre of music. 

Apr 29, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #8,998 of 10,994

Great!
dt880smile.png

My Asgard 2 is not here yet. Shipments to Argentina can be really unpredictable.

Early impressions?

Im not really good at explaining these things so bare with me :)

First listen i was shocked by the bass, it´s textured/rich and very good quality! I´ve never heard such a well presented bass before. I was using the T90s before i got these and the T1 is on a whole other level than the T90.

The treble was abit hot out of the box, but after a couple of hours of burn in it is now ALOT smoother and enjoyable:)  Asgard 2 does a decent job driving it, it can play really loud with enough headroom to spare.

Apr 29, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #8,999 of 10,994
  Love seeing so many Head-fi'ers joining the T1 club lately! As most of us would probably agree, these headphones stand the test of time and sound just as good as they did (if not better!) than when we first fired them up. I'm about to hit my 3 year anniversary with my pair, and they have been an untouchable in my rig for all that time. I will never sell my pair and I continue to enjoy them quite often. Still the best movie headphones I own, in additional to also being fantastic for most any genre of music. 

Mine have definitely improved. The highs were harsh for a while; but they mellowed out nicely over time (or I lost some high frequency hearing).

I'm looking at all of the new planer headphones with lust; but it's unlikely that I'll ever get rid of the T1s. They just do everything well.

Apr 29, 2015 at 7:11 PM Post #9,000 of 10,994

Mine have definitely improved. The highs were harsh for a while; but they mellowed out nicely over time (or I lost some high frequency hearing).

I'm looking at all of the new planer headphones with lust; but it's unlikely that I'll ever get rid of the T1s. They just do everything well.

That's been my approach, as well. I love planar speakers (specifically Magnepans), so I figured that eventually I'd fall in love with a planar headphone (which I have), but I still spend a significant amount of time with my T1s. The one edge they have on my Audeze phones is comfort, which is why I love the T1s for movies. I don't find the Audezes uncomfortable by any means, I just find the T1s a bit MORE comfortable when I know I'm going to be wearing them for a couple hours. But yeah, the T1s are fantastic to have around :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back