The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 22, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #8,972 of 10,994

Humm, I see what has happened. 

Are you the original owner?  If so, are you still within the warranty period? 

If not, it looks like you could carefully tuck the pleather back into the plastic support with something that has rounded edges like the screwdriver on a swiss army knife or a small butter knife.

I'll try that.
If it doesn't t work, I might need to split apart the plastic support. 

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #8,973 of 10,994

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread.  My bad.

A quick review shows that the T-1s in question were purchased used, via bank deposit, from a dodgy seller who lied about the warranty, shipped them in a plastic bag and arrived with a detached right ear cup and a list of problems...

yep, that about sums it up though I've not had any other issues besides the detached right ear cup upon arrival and now the headband cushion issue. 
Initially there was a bit of play in the right yoke hence the reason for the right cup to fall out during shipping but now that I've squeezed the the yoke together, everything is nice and tight.
The only minor issue I'm facing atm is the headband cushion. 
This is a testament to the durability of the t1's. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #8,975 of 10,994

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this thread.  My bad.

A quick review shows that the T-1s in question were purchased used, via bank deposit, from a dodgy seller who lied about the warranty, shipped them in a plastic bag and arrived with a detached right ear cup and a list of problems...

yep, that about sums it up though I've not had any other issues besides the detached right ear cup upon arrival and now the headband cushion issue. 
Initially there was a bit of play in the right yoke hence the reason for the right cup to fall out during shipping but now that I've squeezed the the yoke together, everything is nice and tight.
The only minor issue I'm facing atm is the headband cushion. 

This is a testament to the durability of the t1's. 

Or how buggered up the ones you bought were.....
basshead.gif

Regarding the plastic support:  my guess is that it's some kind of press fit, possibly with small internal plastic hooks that engage the pleather.  If you can't tuck the pleather back in, you might be able to tease the plastic off by getting between the pleather and the plastic and walking it off.  The guitar pic was a pretty good idea.

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #8,977 of 10,994
  How does  T1 pair with the Schiit asgard 2? Ordered the phone today, hopefully i wont need to get a new amp :p

I'm pretty much in the opposite position. I have the T1 and the Asgard 2 is coming...

Apr 25, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #8,984 of 10,994
Nice to see this thread alive and well...
Having put on my T1 today for the first time after a longer pause I was actually surprised by its bass response (listening to some nice Deep House tracks), did not expect that directly after using a DT770 80Ohm. Somehow the T1 is a headphone I keep coming back to for quite some time now... Had I to select just one to stay, I think this might well be it. Gladly I don't have to make that decision though :wink:

Regarding the discussion about measurements a few pages back... I never studied the diagrams but had not the impression so far that the T1 measured so badly. Be that as it may, I like it. Another case of bad measurements (I did look at the charts in that case) is the K812... where I do hear some things in the treble that bother me sometimes (i.e. with some recordings or after longer listening), but its a very musical headphone to me that I find engaging and likable. I don't quite understand why a headphone at this technical level does exhibit technical flaws in measurements, but in the end what counts for me is if I can enjoy music. Or not. And the latter case is not resolved by even excellent measurements...

Apr 25, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #8,985 of 10,994
This is my first time posting on this thread. I''ve had my T1s since last September. I'm juicing them from a Woo WA2. As my tubes got better, my T1s got better. I liked them, but didn't love them. I found myself using my WA2 preamp to my main amp and speakers 75% of the time. Definitely preferred to my cans.
I began thinking about selling them and getting HD800s or LCD-3s.

I decided to go another route. I had paid only $722/open box for a new pair. I decided to use my savings and upgrade the cable on them. At $1175 total, still under MSRP. With the cables being soldered on it wasn't as simple as with other cans, but I like the good connection soldered on gives you. After some research I went with these: http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=72  ...........the Noir Hybrid HPCs  I sent my T1s to Poland to get modified.

What a great decision that was. Matthew did an excellent job. The cable is also lighter, more flexible and very classy. Now I love my T1s. I listen to them now as much as my speakers and am really getting into the "headphone experience". Since the mod, the presentation of the T1s is so much more dynamic. Bass is tighter and more accurate, micro details revealed, highs are crystal clear with no sibilance, percussion sounds so realistic and vocals are like the artist is right there, singing into my ears. Now they sound the way I always hoped they would. I am now in a long term relationship. I am enamored with my T1s.

For those on the fence with their T1s, consider a cable upgrade.

Also, this maxed out WA2 is the perfect combo with them. My tubes: Western 421As / Siemens CCAs /  Brimar EZ81s.

Nothing more to do, now I just settle in and listen to all that great music I got
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back