The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 1, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #6,976 of 10,994

Yes it is. It is definitely my fault for trusting Beyerdynamic to be a higher notch of company on par with the Sennheisers of the world. Lesson learned.

Can you stop now? Thanks.

senn. and grado are never discounted (even through vendors) it doesn't make them any more reputable. these retailers buy at a huge discount (in bulk) and discount them. i wouldn't doubt that they are returns. mine included, they looked new so i left it at that. vendors on amazon have to take returns, crutchfield too. where do you think those returned headphones are going? in the garbage?

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #6,977 of 10,994
@ag8908: Have you ever known Sennheiser HD800 was sold brand new with full warranty on Amazon for $889? Don't you think people can be able to wrap a pair of HD800 for $1350 or a little lower? Don't be too delusional, Sennheiser is not different than Beyer, AKG, Audio Technica, Denon, Grado... Or any high-end audio companies. Don't let Sennheiser fanboys fool you. And always remember, DO NOt buy stuff direct from Manufactured Websites, they also listed prices fully, such as ATH M50 is at $199 on AT site, but who's gonna pay for them at that price?

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #6,979 of 10,994

That rule doesn't apply when you are dealing with honest manufacturers who price their product at what it's worth. You can do all the homework you want but you're not getting a new and warrantied HD800 for less than $1,500. Same for Audeze.

I think we both agree that Beyerdynamic is a bad company that will take advantage of its customers. We simply disagree as to whether all companies are bad companies. Let's leave it at that.

Beyerdynamic has been around a LONG time for lots of good reasons.
Being a "bad company" is not one of them lol...

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #6,980 of 10,994
As I've said repeatedly it proves that the market value of the hd800 matches the price set by sennheiser, unlike the t1 whose market value is that of a mid tier can and whose msrp is that of a flagship. In other words, if the free market is correct, it proves that Beyer lied when they claimed this is flagship quality because unlike the hd800 no one other than a few suckers are paying flagship prices for the t1.

I really can't explain it any simpler than that but I hope that helped.

The prices set for used hd800s have nothing to do with this discussion since buydig is an authorized retailer selling a new model although the depreciation on a t1 is also higher than that of an hd800 if you look at Marco prices.

please go and think about it a bit before writing another post.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #6,981 of 10,994
As I've said repeatedly it proves that the market value of the hd800 matches the price set by sennheiser, unlike the t1 whose market value is that of a mid tier can and whose msrp is that of a flagship. In other words, if the free market is correct, it proves that Beyer lied when they claimed this is flagship quality because unlike the hd800 no one other than a few suckers are paying flagship prices for the t1.

The prices set for used hd800s have nothing to do with this discussion since buydig is an authorized retailer selling a new model.

you got hosed and you know it. quit blaming everyone else

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #6,982 of 10,994
@ag8908: Have you ever known Sennheiser HD800 was sold brand new with full warranty on Amazon for $889? Don't you think people can be able to wrap a pair of HD800 for $1350 or a little lower? Don't be too delusional, Sennheiser is not different than Beyer, AKG, Audio Technica, Denon, Grado... Or any high-end audio companies. Don't let Sennheiser fanboys fool you. And always remember, DO NOt buy stuff direct from Manufactured Websites, they also listed prices fully, such as ATH M50 is at $199 on AT site, but who's gonna pay for them at that price?

As I said you will never link me to a new and warrantied hd800 for less than 1500. Unlike Bayer Senn doesn't need to charge less than 1500 for its flagship, because it's a real flagship.

But if you can link it go ahead. I won't hold me breath.

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #6,984 of 10,994
As I said you will never link me to a new and warrantied hd800 for less than 1500. Unlike Bayer Senn doesn't need to charge less than 1500 for its flagship, because it's a real flagship.

that is something, just think, and it doesn't even sound as good as a t1

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #6,985 of 10,994

The prices set for used hd800s have nothing to do with this discussion since buydig is an authorized retailer selling a new model although the depreciation on a t1 is also higher than that of an hd800 if you look at Marco prices.

There was this old lady at the grocery store yesterday that closed up the checkout lane because her coupon was out-of-date.
She said "she couldn't be expected to pay the current price because she didn't have the money and the granola bars were clearly overpriced anyway"...

She literally closed the lane because she wouldn't budge in her thinking.
Guess what? it didn't matter what she thought.

Ever feel this way??

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #6,986 of 10,994

Take a look at this 
http://slickdeals.net/f/6574184-sennheiser-hd800-only-889-free-shipping-sold-by-amazon-com-not-third-party

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #6,987 of 10,994

There was this old lady at the grocery store yesterday that closed up the checkout lane because her coupon was out-of-date.
She said "she couldn't be expected to pay the current price because she didn't have the money and the granola bars were clearly overpriced anyway"...

She literally closed the lane because she wouldn't budge in her thinking.
Guess what? it didn't matter what she thought.

Ever feel this way??

Nothing against old ladies....

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #6,988 of 10,994
I agree! I got hosed into thinking the t1 was a flagship worth 1400. No disagreement there; lets end with this agreement.

high line speaker company's price their speakers at insane prices because it creates a buzz. they sell less but at much higher profits. it's a old trick to build "value" into a product

Mar 1, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #6,990 of 10,994
  that is something, just think, and it doesn't even sound as good as a t1

Not according to the free market. Based on new and used prices, the market believes the HD800 sounds better.

But I understand where you are coming from. Like I said, I like the distortion created by the SRH940 as it gives music this airy quality. That's only $300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back