The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #7,141 of 10,994
  This is interesting. Someone who purchased a $750 buydig is trying to sell it for $970 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T1-Tesla-Premium-Headphones-600-Ohms-Brand-new-sealed-/261416389166?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cdda18a2e

If that person is in this thread please be advised that Ebay charges a 10% fee. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html So subtract $97 from the purchase price. Paypal charges 4%, so subtract $39. Shipping is $20 or so. $970 - $97 - $ 39 - $20 = $814 the amount of money you'll receive. So you'll only make $814 - $750 = $64 profit. That's assuming someone pay less than your asking price (I see you're taking offers).

I would have messaged him in ebay but I don't think that's allowed.

Headfi is often good place to find deals on used T1s.
They are generally in better condition and priced lower than other places I've seen them.

Buying stuff on specialized forums and selling on ebay is pretty common though.
As well as vise versa....

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #7,142 of 10,994

Headfi is often good place to find deals on used T1s.
They are generally in better condition and priced lower than other places I've seen them.

Buying stuff on specialized forums and selling on ebay is pretty common though.
As well as vise versa....

Yeah people often don't understand the huge fees Ebay takes.

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #7,146 of 10,994
  Hello all!
I ordered my T1 yesterday along with the meier daccord and classic. Eagerly awaiting their arrival (hopefully next week or so), I only recently joined the Head-fi community, but I have visited the site and forums extensively when I was saving up for the aforementioned gear!

I'm a uni student so it was a fair while, and the sheer amount of products and information available was (and still is) daunting, not to mention the prices 
eek.gif
. Forums like these were a great guide and source of knowledge for me in finally choosing my first high end audio set up, so thanks all!

My current set up is as follows. PC > HRT microstreamer > Audio Technica ATH AD700X 

I expect that I will notice some difference with the new gear, but I regard my current gear as very decent and will continue to use the Microstreamer in a more portable setup. The headphones. I really like what for me was a really clean and expansive sound, but I think it is too large for my head as they tend to slide down and end up being held up by my ears.

Anyway, I've been saving and waiting a long time to be able to post on this thread as an owner of the T1 (albeit presently in a legal rather than a physical capacity) , and I couldn't wait any longer :D 
Pleased to meet you all, and hope to post back after having used the new gear.

all the best!

Hello there!

I too was a college student when I purchased my Concerto, Stagedac (the predecessors of the Classic and Daccord) and beyerdynamic T1, after saving up for a long time. Having graduated a couple of years ago, and working a full time job, I'd say it was well worth it, seeing as though it is still my main setup, and I have no desire to upgrade whatsoever 
biggrin.gif

Good luck with your studies and have fun with your gear! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #7,147 of 10,994
  That's pretty much how the world works.

8.5% return not to be sniffed at. Or  $64 for half an hours work filling in a couple of forms and dropping of at the post office!

But note that he's accepting offers, so if he sells it for $64 less than the $970 he's asking for, then he'll make nothing.

If someone was a . . . , they could offer him $900 for it and if he doesn't understand ebay fees he'll think he made $150 when in reality he lost $6.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM Post #7,148 of 10,994

But note that he's accepting offers, so if he sells it for $64 less than the $970 he's asking for, then he'll make nothing.

If someone was a . . . , they could offer him $900 for it and if he doesn't understand ebay fees he'll think he made $150 when in reality he lost $6.

Maybe breaking even is good result for instance if it was a spur of the moment purchase. Funds needed quickly etc for something else HD800 at a bargin deal etc. Let them get on with it.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #7,150 of 10,994

Maybe breaking even is good result for instance if it was a spur of the moment purchase. Funds needed quickly etc for something else HD800 at a bargin deal etc. Let them get on with it.

I tried to sell some T1s on Headfi and some people were quite hostile to me.
I can totally understand why someone would sell somewhere else.

Here's the evidence:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/686784/fs-beyerdynamic-t1-sold

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #7,152 of 10,994

I tried to sell some T1s on Headfi and some people were quite hostile to me.
I can totally understand why someone would sell somewhere else.

Here's the evidence:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/686784/fs-beyerdynamic-t1-sold

I don't see anything wrong just look at it as a right of passage. At least when he called you out you get the chance to prove that you are legit.

If nobody commented, people will think of the offer as "too good to be true".

You really can't avoid obnoxious people in the Internet. That is why we I sell or buy stuff, I prefer to do it locally so I can meet the buyer or seller in person and I can still pull the plug at the last minute if I see some "red flags". Selling/buying stuff overseas is much riskier and expensive. 

Mar 8, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #7,153 of 10,994
Just saying I could see how someone might not want to deal with it.

I don't see anything wrong just look at it as a right of passage. At least when he called you out you get the chance to prove that you are legit.

If nobody commented, people will think of the offer as "too good to be true".

You really can't avoid obnoxious people in the Internet. That is why we I sell or buy stuff, I prefer to do it locally so I can meet the buyer or seller in person and I can still pull the plug at the last minute if I see some "red flags". Selling/buying stuff overseas is much riskier and expensive. 

Understood.

Mar 9, 2014 at 12:07 AM Post #7,154 of 10,994
Understood.

Just saying I could see how someone might not want to deal with it

Now that you brought it up,
 If there is nothing wrong with "it",
Why did this guy who thought it was so important to post a red flag delete his post?

I understand the risk, it's a rough world and all BUT...
if you're going to question's someone's integrity you should be willing to stand behind you're words.
Not delete them.

Also, he could have PM'd me if it was that important to him.
Or he could have read my previous Headfi posts 3 months earlier specifically on the subject of selling my T1.

Fact is, I received several lowball offers and was never able to sell them on Headfi at all.
This despite their mint condition and great price.

This is why I can understand someone selling a T1 somewhere other than Headfi.

For the record,
I've sold other headphones on Headfi myself since then and had no problems.
I've even met some nice, new people....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back