The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #7,126 of 10,994
  ^ Thanks guys for the input. I'm leaning heavily towards the T1 now. One other question, how forgiving is the T1 with less-than-stellar recordings? I'm guessing they are more forgiving than the HD 800 at least.

You guess correctly. The T1's are more forgiving but still a mirror to the source so a really bad recording will still sound really bad.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:14 AM Post #7,127 of 10,994
^ Thanks guys for the input. I'm leaning heavily towards the T1 now. One other question, how forgiving is the T1 with less-than-stellar recordings? I'm guessing they are more forgiving than the HD 800 at least.

I briefly owned the HD700...I can't think of a better decision than to upgrade to the T1. I would not describe the T1 as lush either...more like clear, dynamic and transparent. Better definition and resolution. Significantly superior to the HD700 in every way. Mustang vs Mercedes.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #7,130 of 10,994
Congrats.

Which amp are you coming from? How does it compare to WA2?

Cheers

Nathan

Schiit Lyr...which I really liked and got me interested in tubes.
But the WA2 is a totally different world.  More to the music everywhere
you look...and where you forgot to look.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #7,131 of 10,994
  Woo Audio WA2 delivered today.  Oh my God !!!

Congrats man!! 

I'm still working towards my WA2, so hopefully I'll follow in your footsteps soon 
regular_smile .gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #7,132 of 10,994
I briefly owned the HD700...I can't think of a better decision than to upgrade to the T1. I would not describe the T1 as lush either...more like clear, dynamic and transparent. Better definition and resolution. Significantly superior to the HD700 in every way. Mustang vs Mercedes.

I think I personally like the Mustang more. The T1's are at repairs at the moment so now I get some alone time with the HD700. 

I think the reunion will still be a happy moment:)

edit: For some reason I tend to describe the T1 as lush and lively. There's something very symphonic about them. A big, woodwind sound.

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #7,133 of 10,994
  I think I personally like the Mustang more. The T1's are at repairs at the moment so now I get some alone time with the HD700. 

I think the reunion will still be a happy moment:)

edit: For some reason I tend to describe the T1 as lush and lively. There's something very symphonic about them. A big, woodwind sound.

They definitely have warmth and body, but "lush" always makes me think "thick and creamy" like the SE535s or even the SRH840s

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #7,135 of 10,994

I use my old HD650s for those recordings. I love my T1s; but "forgiving" isn't an adjective I'd use to descibe them.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #7,136 of 10,994

Right, well, now you have me thinking fun and fast vs luxurious and fast. I really like the more colored "fun" signature of the HD 700 especially in the bass. Treble peaks only become an issue 15% of the time for me. My hope is that the T1 bass doesn't seem disappointing going to a more transparent and natural sound.

What about soundstage? I feel the HD 700 have opened up quite a lot more over 50 hours of use, but have read the T1 is also very good there. I really wish I could spend time A/B-ing both, but sadly that's not an option for me.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #7,137 of 10,994

Right, well, now you have me thinking fun and fast vs luxurious and fast. I really like the more colored "fun" signature of the HD 700 especially in the bass. Treble peaks only become an issue 15% of the time for me. My hope is that the T1 bass doesn't seem disappointing going to a more transparent and natural sound.

What about soundstage? I feel the HD 700 have opened up quite a lot more over 50 hours of use, but have read the T1 is also very good there. I really wish I could spend time A/B-ing both, but sadly that's not an option for me.

The sound stage can be first class but is very much amp dependent. I was listening to my itunes library the other night which was on shuffle while I was checking some stuff on the pc, a drum solo started and caught my attention enough to make me stop what I was doing to better listen. The drummer then went from drums to cymbals and high hats the sense of sound stage and placement was perhaps the best I have experienced so far the cymbals sounded as if placed all around the drummer I could follow side to side forward and back higher and lower the cymbals all had a superb crisp bronzieness sound to them. I have spent ages trying to find the track again. It was a seriously good bit or recording.

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #7,138 of 10,994

The sound stage can be first class but is very much amp dependent. I was listening to my itunes library the other night which was on shuffle while I was checking some stuff on the pc, a drum solo started and caught my attention enough to make me stop what I was doing to better listen. The drummer then went from drums to cymbals and high hats the sense of sound stage and placement was perhaps the best I have experienced so far the cymbals sounded as if placed all around the drummer I could follow side to side forward and back higher and lower the cymbals all had a superb crisp bronzieness sound to them. I have spent ages trying to find the track again. It was a seriously good bit or recording.

Ha! This happens to me a lot as well. Searching endlessly for a track that sounded great and can't find it again. Was this by chance while listening on the BH Crack?

Mar 8, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #7,139 of 10,994
Hello all!
I ordered my T1 yesterday along with the meier daccord and classic. Eagerly awaiting their arrival (hopefully next week or so), I only recently joined the Head-fi community, but I have visited the site and forums extensively when I was saving up for the aforementioned gear!

I'm a uni student so it was a fair while, and the sheer amount of products and information available was (and still is) daunting, not to mention the prices 
eek.gif
. Forums like these were a great guide and source of knowledge for me in finally choosing my first high end audio set up, so thanks all!

My current set up is as follows. PC > HRT microstreamer > Audio Technica ATH AD700X 

I expect that I will notice some difference with the new gear, but I regard my current gear as very decent and will continue to use the Microstreamer in a more portable setup. The headphones. I really like what for me was a really clean and expansive sound, but I think it is too large for my head as they tend to slide down and end up being held up by my ears.

Anyway, I've been saving and waiting a long time to be able to post on this thread as an owner of the T1 (albeit presently in a legal rather than a physical capacity) , and I couldn't wait any longer :D 
Pleased to meet you all, and hope to post back after having used the new gear.

all the best!

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #7,140 of 10,994
This is interesting. Someone who purchased a $750 buydig is trying to sell it for $970 on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyerdynamic-T1-Tesla-Premium-Headphones-600-Ohms-Brand-new-sealed-/261416389166?pt=US_Headphones&hash=item3cdda18a2e

If that person is in this thread please be advised that Ebay charges a 10% fee. http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html So subtract $97 from the purchase price. Paypal charges 4%, so subtract $39. Shipping is $20 or so. $970 - $97 - $ 39 - $20 = $814 the amount of money you'll receive. So you'll only make $814 - $750 = $64 profit. That's assuming someone pay less than your asking price (I see you're taking offers).

I would have messaged him in ebay but I don't think that's allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back