The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #6,706 of 10,994
Had these a week, im still blown away by these. EVERY genre sounds amazing, rock is especially amazing, better than Grado/Alessandro for sure. I also didn't hear what my dac/amp was capable of with previous MID-TIER headphones I owned (MS-Pro, HE-500 and T90) these things scale up like crazy, and even though they are ultra detailed, I can't believe how easy they are to listen too, Am I the only one who finds them extremely NON-Fatiguing? I can actually go for hours and still want more.   

Feb 7, 2014 at 3:46 AM Post #6,707 of 10,994
  Had these a week, im still blown away by these. EVERY genre sounds amazing, rock is especially amazing, better than Grado/Alessandro for sure. I also didn't hear what my dac/amp was capable of with previous MID-TIER headphones I owned (MS-Pro, HE-500 and T90) these things scale up like crazy, and even though they are ultra detailed, I can't believe how easy they are to listen too, Am I the only one who finds them extremely NON-Fatiguing? I can actually go for hours and still want more.   

If your coming from directly from the HD800 like i did, which the treble can be very analytical and harsh with many albums, even 24/192; then yes the T1's treble is more smoothed out and less fatiguing. I agree the T1 sounds better with rock to me also as it is more fuller bodied. On the other hand the HD800 handles string instruments(violin & chello) better imo as it is more textured with its super analytical sound. 

Feb 7, 2014 at 6:11 AM Post #6,708 of 10,994
I find the T1's very smooth as well. The HD800 treble is more elevated overall in a wider band, the T1 is a narrow but high peak. The HD800 will be harsher on rock recordings and cymbals can be a bit much to take at times. Still well recorded rock sounds incredible on them as well. The T1 is the ultimate all rounder and does everything well. The HD800 is well ahead for soundtrack, ambient, electronic, field recordings, classical and acoustic for my preferences, while the T1 is overall better for rock, jazz, blues, metal, punk, ska, reggae, pop, some electronic, rap and so on so forth (IMO YMMV etc)

The T1 is easy listening for me as it is laid back except the 10khz spike.

HE-500 and LCD2 still are my choice for a lot of rock and metal myself.

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #6,709 of 10,994
This is possible. I had the Gamma2 which had a low Vrms (1.2 I think) which I think (no EE here, just saying what I think) correlates to lower volume (I could be wrong) bottom line is though, when I got the M1 DAC it was much much louder. Problem solved

Kind of late but I have T1 + Solo ULD and usually I have volume at half way max. DAC is John Kenny Ciunas which (if remember correctly) has 2V output.

Feb 7, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #6,711 of 10,994
  Yes bro...fits perfectly. The pleather is slightly on the stiffer side. Not the softer shure pads kind.

thank you for your help
beerchug.gif

Feb 7, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #6,713 of 10,994
Very nice headphones they match very well my Tektron.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #6,715 of 10,994
Looking to have my T1's recabled, can anyone recommend who to go with ? Right now I am thinking about BTG-Audio with his 8 strand Sunset cable or Moon-Audio with their Black Dragon V2 cable.

Any other places I should consider ?

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:41 AM Post #6,716 of 10,994
  Looking to have my T1's recabled, can anyone recommend who to go with ? Right now I am thinking about BTG-Audio with his 8 strand Sunset cable or Moon-Audio with their Black Dragon V2 cable.

I had mine done by Robert at AphroditeCu29.com. I highly recommend his service.

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #6,717 of 10,994

T1 is better than any grado for rock, even the PS1000.

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #6,719 of 10,994

Have had my Black Dragon V2 T1's back from Moon Audio for about a month and couldn't be happier.  Have spoken with another Head-Fi'er who had his T1's done by Robert at AphroditeCu29 and he was equally pleased.  Don't think you could go wrong with either.   I like what the heavier copper does with the sound signature...I'd be hesitant about going silver.  Would be curious if anyone's gone with a silver recable on the T1's and what their impression is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back