The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #6,511 of 10,994
If you think heated seats are a requirement where in Chicago, you don't wanna live where I do (we reached -47 Celsius with windchill on Christmas day). 

I wouldn't ever be able to live in Winepeg... Your NHL team is bad lol. (San Jose sharks fan here)

Jan 24, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #6,512 of 10,994
I wouldn't ever be able to live in Winepeg... Your NHL team is bad lol. (San Jose sharks fan here)

I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that there are way more raving hockey fans in Winnipeg than San Jose. 
tongue.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #6,513 of 10,994
I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that there are way more raving hockey fans in Winnipeg than San Jose. :p

Now, now...I moved from freezing Quebec City to Vancouver (got rid of ice & snow), years later moved to northern California (got rid of the rain), now it's sunny everyday but my heart is still nostalgic about Peter Stastny and the Quebec Nordiques...anybody remember?

Jan 25, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #6,514 of 10,994
Now, now...I moved from freezing Quebec City to Vancouver (got rid of ice & snow), years later moved to northern California (got rid of the rain), now it's sunny everyday but my heart is still nostalgic about Peter Stastny and the Quebec Nordiques...anybody remember?

I mean I live in Connecitcut, so not sure why I am a sharks fan, but I am :) Not to derail the thread, but man, California is dominating the league this year.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #6,515 of 10,994
Another question - are T1 really an open headphone?

How much are the damping factor - beyer called them semi-open.

They leak almost like open back headphones, and sound more like closed back than open back headphones imho. There is some slight ringing in the earcup that is sometimes noticeable, but nothing special.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #6,516 of 10,994
I'm having a weird love and hate relationship with the T1's. At moments I feel like Beyerdynamic is crazy for pricing the headphone at 1400 dollars and at other moments I don't want to take the headphone off. The first case is usually when going from K701 or HD650 to T1's after not listening to them for a few days. I just feel like they sound so...ordinary and flat when going to the T1's and I feel like they don't sound better than those two at all, just different. But then I listen to the T1's for a day or two, and if I switch to either of other headphones, it feels like things sound wrong. To put it differently, I could not go back to owning only one of those, but I could easily own only T1's and be happy. That's their strength I feel.

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #6,517 of 10,994
I'm having a weird love and hate relationship with the T1's. At moments I feel like Beyerdynamic is crazy for pricing the headphone at 1400 dollars and at other moments I don't want to take the headphone off. The first case is usually when going from K701 or HD650 to T1's after not listening to them for a few days. I just feel like they sound so...ordinary and flat when going to the T1's and I feel like they don't sound better than those two at all, just different. But then I listen to the T1's for a day or two, and if I switch to either of other headphones, it feels like things sound wrong. To put it differently, I could not go back to owning only one of those, but I could easily own only T1's and be happy. That's their strength I feel.

Totally get what you mean. I had this with the T1 during the early part of my ownership. The T1s have now evolved into my favourite headphone overall of the ones that I own. 

It's funny, this love-hate relationship you have with the T1 - I currently have with the HE500!

Oh, BTW, retailers will generally give you a great discount on the T1 if you ask. I got mine waaaay below the asking price. 

Jan 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #6,518 of 10,994

950 $ in E.U. with 20% taxes included
rolleyes.gif

Jan 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #6,519 of 10,994
They leak almost like open back headphones, and sound more like closed back than open back headphones imho. There is some slight ringing in the earcup that is sometimes noticeable, but nothing special.

+1

I've discovered they are more 'subdued' in the amount they leak compared to truly open phones like the HD800s.

Jan 25, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #6,520 of 10,994
When I had the Denons, I had to worry about the cables getting tangled up. Being that the T1 also have dual non-replaceable cables, is this something you need to be careful about as well?

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #6,523 of 10,994
The T1 indeed changes over time. In more than 3 months I have them, they have sounded much better than when I first put them on.

First thing that changed obviously is it appears that T1 gets much more easier to drive over time. I am only using portable amps to Drive T1 and with M8 in particular. I used to get to normal listen volume on T1 when I set M8 to high gain and volume pot at 3PM position. Now I can get the same level at medium gain and volume pot at 12 o'clock position. This is on balanced cable.

Also noticeable the bass region has become much deeper and fuller. The harsh treble on some occasion has gone or tamed a bit. 

Maybe it's just me (brain burn in) but T1 is akin to a wine which goes much better with age. I am planning to acquire other headphones (LCD-X is on my sight) but I doubt I will part with T1.

Jan 25, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #6,525 of 10,994
The T1 indeed changes over time. In more than 3 months I have them, they have sounded much better than when I first put them on.

First thing that changed obviously is it appears that T1 gets much more easier to drive over time. I am only using portable amps to Drive T1 and with M8 in particular. I used to get to normal listen volume on T1 when I set M8 to high gain and volume pot at 3PM position. Now I can get the same level at medium gain and volume pot at 12 o'clock position. This is on balanced cable.

Also noticeable the bass region has become much deeper and fuller. The harsh treble on some occasion has gone or tamed a bit. 

Maybe it's just me (brain burn in) but T1 is akin to a wine which goes much better with age. I am planning to acquire other headphones (LCD-X is on my sight) but I doubt I will part with T1.

DITTO!

Got an adapter from the resident genius at Charleston Cable Co. to use T1 with speaker amps. The T1 is now a keeper! (How many headphones bite the dust without proper amplification?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back