The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #4,471 of 10,994
Quote:
do you still prefer listening to your HD800/WA6 over T1/WA2? 

nope. i am listening to hd 800/wa6-se quite a bit because it is a little better than T1 in terms of transparency and soundstage. its very slightly better, but the T1 is an all arounder while half of my music doesn't sound as good on hd 800, or i don't see an improvement over the T1. the t1 also is more musical and fun overall.

Jun 5, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #4,472 of 10,994
Quote:

nope. i am listening to hd 800/wa6-se quite a bit because it is a little better than T1 in terms of transparency and soundstage. its very slightly better, but the T1 is an all arounder while half of my music doesn't sound as good on hd 800, or i don't see an improvement over the T1. the t1 also is more musical and fun overall.

I see that is good news. I should have my T1's by the end of the month. im really looking forward to the brightness over the HD650's. I don't know whether to save for the HD800 then or get a new DAC nest. maybe the T1 and hd800 deserve a better DAC than the Arcam RDAC.

Jun 7, 2013 at 7:25 AM Post #4,473 of 10,994
how could i sold this ...   If i had done a direct comparison and not sold it before i would  not have said that i didn't miss T1 .Got my second pair of T1 this morning  (the old one : 5910 , the newer : 11349 ) .

A good First little thing : the headband ajusting mecanism is more secure than my old one wish was a bit loose ) . I am no more bothered with bass on this one , don't know if it's the O2 , the fact that the pads are new etc

Express comparison to K702 ANV (and from memory with AD2000X wich was compared also to AD2000X K702 ANV) (as requested by preproman)

Well no surprise for everyone , T1 is the best of the 3 . You can prefer AD2000X to T1 or even K702 to T1 , as some time before i said prefering AD2000 to T1 (but things change etc etc) .

In the treble area , T1 as the most presence of the 3 , folowed closely by AD2000X and more far away the K702 ANV , it don't mean that T1 treble is harsh or what ever , in fact it's very smooth and innofensive , just there is a lot of treble energy there . It's also the most extended and detailled of the bunch , but AD2000X is not very far from it , K702 ANV treble is a bit more "grainy" (not as transparent as the other two , even if it's extend very well ) . So here T1 wins , AD2000X not very far away , and K702 a step back (but not huge) .

For mids AD2000X have the more colored mids of the bunch the most luxurious , well textured and bodied , very adictive  , T1 in the opposite is the most colorless/transparent   , very pleasant to hear for me at least and techniquely wins but it don't have the magic touch of many AT cans in the mid departement  , and K702 ANV is somewhere in the middle  but tending  more to T1 , well the 3 have greats mids , even if the T1 is techniquely more "advanced" than the two others .

Bass ... hum in the overall the 3 are quite similar  , T1 having slightly more sub bass than the two others and peraphs a tad more in the mid bass junction . K702 ANV being here the flatest and AD2000X having a bit more roll of in the sub bass (but still improved in comparison ot the old AD2000) , in bass texture departement / detail T1 wins , very thight remind me alot DT-880-600 bass (not as loose as it was with my first T1) .

In detail retrievial , well T1 wins , AD2000X / K702 ANV are in the same league in this departement (at least i have this impression) . But T1 is not hugely more detailled than the two others , but still it's audible , don't know if it's a consequence of the huge treble presence .

Soudstage : again T1 is superior to the two others , about the same in width than K702 ANV (peraphs even a tad larger ) and more depth  , instrument separation , both are very good , for the AD2000X it's less wide thant the two other , and depth seams close to K702 ANV peraphs a bit more depth) instrument separation is good , slightly worst than the two other , very rounded one the more intimate of the 3 .
So T1 winner , and AD2000X/K702 draw (depending on what you prefer more) .

I think that 3 can be considered as good allrounders , AD2000 was a bit to much colored for this , and lacking a bit in bass departement , the original K702 could be to bright and lacking aslo bass , AD2000X and K702 ANV are more "balanced" . And nothing more to say every one will agree that T1 is a very well balanced headphone .

T1 is haed and it's the best headphone that i ever had but also it's the worst price ratio too . K702 ANV under 400$ is the best price/ratio (folowed closely by AD2000X) .

Well here at head-fi we like all this little things that make the flagship better headphones that the "mid price ones) . So no regret in buying a second time this T1 .

Note : i am "only" using a O2 as headphone amplifier furthemore at 1X gain ... not even 2.5X (don't feel the need at all) . (at 12 o'clock ) and with -20 db on foobar (i ajust volume digitaly
biggrin.gif
) and only turn the pot to 2-3 o'clock for very low recording .

But i am very satisfied with it . I think that with an typical tube amp or warmer SS amp (if it make any sense) , T1 will have more presence on the bass departement , highs will be a bit tamed , and mids warmer , but i am not looking for that so
tongue.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 10:36 AM Post #4,474 of 10,994
That was a great post. Keep up the good work.

Jun 7, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4,477 of 10,994
Jun 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #4,479 of 10,994
I have the WA2 with tube upgrades and HD650 at the moment bit in 3 weeks or so i will have the T1's. I can let you know what i think of the combo then. If you go back far enough in the thread you will see people talk about the 2 amps a lot (WA2 and CSP2) 

Jun 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #4,481 of 10,994
+1 for Decware CSP2+. I don't know whether it's 'the best' but it's definitely very good, and that's without having tube-rolled far from stock yet. Before this, my Decware Taboo/LCD2 got almost all the head-time.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #4,482 of 10,994
I will be revisiting the T1 at Beyerdynamic request. I will be reviewing the T1. I am excited to be getting it back for another spin. I think I should have it done in August as I also have something else coming from Beyer at the end of the month.

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #4,484 of 10,994
Quote:
I will be revisiting the T1 at Beyerdynamic request. I will be reviewing the T1. I am excited to be getting it back for another spin. I think I should have it done in August as I also have something else coming from Beyer at the end of the month.

Frank - you're a busy man..  Try to get your hands on the Abyss.  We need an honest review..

Jun 7, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #4,485 of 10,994
Quote:

Why would Beyer request that? Just curious. Are you a professional reviewer/blogger? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back