The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #4,456 of 10,994
Quote:
Regarding the T1 "carry case" issue...

Has anyone considered just adding a handle of some sort to the standard aluminum case that the T1 comes with? Not sure how durable the case is so I'd be inclined to add some rubber feet, etc.

I'm surprised that a $149 case didn't have a handle. As a result it is always a "two handed" pickup operation.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/aluminium-transport-bag-for-t1.html

I mean, after all, for the price of a T1 I could get a really great set of suitcases. So what's a handle worth? 
smile.gif

Check this out if you're still keen on an aluminium case with a handle.

http://www.juno.co.uk/products/reloop-headphone-case-aluminium/389800-01/

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #4,457 of 10,994
Jun 5, 2013 at 4:42 AM Post #4,458 of 10,994
if you convert to euro's it is 701 euro. 

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #4,459 of 10,994
i have confirmed this by emailing the company it is free delivery with no added tax. sorry for the 3 post's i could of fit it in one. 
frown.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #4,460 of 10,994
Quote:
Damn i am weak , got an unexpected income , and T1 is currently at 700 € (an 3x payment) at online french retalier . I said that T1 was a tad too bassy for my taste , but peraphs it was just the pads that was getting a bit used after almost 9 month of daily use . (and never washed them :p) , cause at first T1 bass were very enjoyable (and it's the best headphone that go through my house at this date) .

Curious to see how it will perform with a cheap O2
redface.gif

Can you compare your T1s to your AD2000x

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #4,461 of 10,994
Jun 5, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #4,463 of 10,994
Jun 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #4,466 of 10,994
Quote:
Regarding the T1 "carry case" issue...

Has anyone considered just adding a handle of some sort to the standard aluminum case that the T1 comes with? Not sure how durable the case is so I'd be inclined to add some rubber feet, etc.

I'm surprised that a $149 case didn't have a handle. As a result it is always a "two handed" pickup operation.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/aluminium-transport-bag-for-t1.html

I mean, after all, for the price of a T1 I could get a really great set of suitcases. So what's a handle worth? 
smile.gif

As others have mentioned it's not a travel case: It's just plate alloy so while you could use it, it'd end up dented as heck in no time. I'd personally avoid going the hard case route anyway... why add so much bulk? I would rather get a decently padded soft case, that's not in the shape of a case like the Beyer 'leather' (it's vinyl) case and throw it in your bag. Like the Headcase for example. I forget if that fits, it should but check anyway.

Jun 5, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #4,467 of 10,994
So it will cost me $250 for a new driver and a new cord (they said it was going too).  The headphones were "supposedly" purchased in October of 2012.  I seriously doubt that unless both these items were damaged to begin with, but they looked new when I bought them.

Oh, well.  I guess that's the price you pay for good sound.

Looking forward to getting them back for the weekend.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #4,468 of 10,994
Quote:
So it will cost me $250 for a new driver and a new cord (they said it was going too).  The headphones were "supposedly" purchased in October of 2012.  I seriously doubt that unless both these items were damaged to begin with, but they looked new when I bought them.

Oh, well.  I guess that's the price you pay for good sound.

Looking forward to getting them back for the weekend.

May i know what exactly happened to you driver and cable? Never knew Bayer charged such exorbitant fees for repairs.

Jun 5, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #4,469 of 10,994
The sound was no clear out of the right driver.  It sounded like it was breaking up.  I can't speak for the cable but they told me that it wasn't in great shape.  That must have been on the inside since there was no visible damage on the outside.

Jun 5, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #4,470 of 10,994
Quote:
The sound was no clear out of the right driver.  It sounded like it was breaking up.  I can't speak for the cable but they told me that it wasn't in great shape.  That must have been on the inside since there was no visible damage on the outside.

That's really unfortunate, it could have been a faulty set of drivers or cables for all you know. Is this issue common among T1s? Hopefully Beyer will have the headphones fully repaired and returned to you soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back