The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 4, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #3,226 of 10,994
Quote:

You can also try the HE-500s not as dark as the LCD-2.2 

Sonically the HE 500 are probably exactly what you need to change off the T1's but you have to be able to handle the weight. The T1's are extremely comfortable the HE 500's feel like a brick on your head (yes I have owned them). On the positive side the HE 500 can do some of what you love about the T1's but it gets the the deep bass with impact and slam that the T1's miss. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of my T1's but they can't rock out like the HE 500 or HE 6. Of course, both those headphones need  a good amp to show their stuff.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #3,227 of 10,994
Quote:

Excellent...I hope you'll let us know how you like them after you get some time listening, both with music and movies. With the T1s, you'll hear it all!

Yeah!

Of course I will do that. It's been some hours now and I'm still enjoying every minute.
Personally I don't think the T1's lack anything I guess it all comes to your own taste. The combination of the A1 + T1 = Never heard anything better and I have many headphones.
I watched a movie as you said and it was a great experience! So far I don't regret a single penny that I spent on my setup :)
I haven't found a single genre that the T1's can't handle with good sound and precision.

Oct 4, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #3,228 of 10,994
Quote:

Yeah!

Of course I will do that. It's been some hours now and I'm still enjoying every minute.
Personally I don't think the T1's lack anything I guess it all comes to your own taste. The combination of the A1 + T1 = Never heard anything better and I have many headphones.
I watched a movie as you said and it was a great experience! So far I don't regret a single penny that I spent on my setup :)
I haven't found a single genre that the T1's can't handle with good sound and precision.

I agree, the T1s are fantastic all-rounders. Glad you enjoyed the T1 movie experience! I'm sure that A1 amp gave them lots of current to sound their best. 

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #3,230 of 10,994
Quote:

I agree, the T1s are fantastic all-rounders. Glad you enjoyed the T1 movie experience! I'm sure that A1 amp gave them lots of current to sound their best. 

Hell yeah, best all-rounders in my opinion for sure. I can't stop stop listening to these lovely headphones. It feels like they are getting better and better every minute. I've had them for 2-3 days now and I can honestly say: I don't think there are any cans on the market right now. That can beat the T1's when I say that I obviously mean cans that are supposed be all-rounders the T1's can play any genre with perfection in my opinion. I mean sure, there are probably people that won't agree with me. I don't know if it's the A1 amp or what it is but I've never heard such perfection and accuracy in the sound stage that these T1 headphones can deliver.. I'm truly amazed, both with movies and music, and hell, I listen to a whole a lot of different genres. I do have the Sennheiser HD-800 as well but I don't like them to be honest..

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #3,231 of 10,994
Dark Wizard,

Did you know that since the A1 has a 100Ohm output impedance it actually makes the T1 sound thicker with more emphasis on the bass? I think the A1 is a good amp for the T1 and makes it a more relaxed sounding headphone.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:15 AM Post #3,232 of 10,994
these past few months. no headphone has gotten as much listening time as my t1. they just sound so right. the best tonal balance i've heard in any headphone. clean perfect bass just enough punch for music while still having warm rich mids full of detail. and the highs, never sharp, just done right. staging and imaging is perfect doesn't sound too congested or wide. 

with the beyers sound growing on me, the rs1i sound too colored, the hd 800 too wide and bass shy (female vocals and classical still shines on the hd 800 though), the LCD-2 too dark and congested, and the denons too sharp. the T1 just have the best sound imo.

Oct 7, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #3,233 of 10,994
Quote:
these past few months. no headphone has gotten as much listening time as my t1. they just sound so right. the best tonal balance i've heard in any headphone. clean perfect bass just enough punch for music while still having warm rich mids full of detail. and the highs, never sharp, just done right. staging and imaging is perfect doesn't sound too congested or wide. 

with the beyers sound growing on me, the rs1i sound too colored, the hd 800 too wide and bass shy (female vocals and classical still shines on the hd 800 though), the LCD-2 too dark and congested, and the denons too sharp. the T1 just have the best sound imo.

I couldn't agree more with you. What amp are you using with your T1's?
The T1's has opened up a whole new musical world for me, it's fun again to listen to music!
I admit that the HD 800 shines in Classical music. But I don't lack any of that with the T1's maybe it's just me, but I don't see too much of a difference in the sound stage compared to the HD 800 in for example Classical.

Quote:
Dark Wizard,

Did you know that since the A1 has a 100Ohm output impedance it actually makes the T1 sound thicker with more emphasis on the bass? I think the A1 is a good amp for the T1 and makes it a more relaxed sounding headphone.

Yeah, that's one thing to notice for sure. I agree it makes the T1 sound thicker, I guess I did a good choice going with the A1 amp. The sound is truly amazing.. I can't say anything bad about them at this moment because I can't find any cons..that's not usual for me I normally always find something to complain about, haha.

Oct 7, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #3,234 of 10,994
Quote:

And their super comfy :)

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #3,235 of 10,994
Thanks for the suggestions! Today is a day I'm very happy with the phowns:]

Btw how come has Tyll @innerfidelity said barely anything about the T1 or have I missed something? I like his take on things, they sound honest and I can still differ in opinion. I like him.

Oct 7, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3,236 of 10,994
Quote:
O Btw how come has Tyll @innerfidelity said barely anything about the T1 or have I missed something? I like his take on things, they sound honest and I can still differ in opinion. I like him.

He told me that he's never officially reviewed them cause when he auditioned them there was something about them he didn't like. 

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #3,237 of 10,994
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/brilliant-sennheiser-hd-800#comment-482431   (end of article on comments page)

"I think the T1 is a surprisingly good sounding fail. The treble sounds out of control to me. See leading edge of the 300Hz square wave and impulse response here to see. I think they sound spacy, they image poorly."

Oct 7, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #3,238 of 10,994
Quote:

He told me that he's never officially reviewed them cause when he auditioned them there was something about them he didn't like. 

This is fair.
Quote:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/brilliant-sennheiser-hd-800#comment-482431   (end of article on comments page)

"I think the T1 is a surprisingly good sounding fail. The treble sounds out of control to me. See leading edge of the 300Hz square wave and impulse response here to see. I think they sound spacy, they image poorly."

From this I understand nothing. He had a problem with them so he dug it out from a graph? Nevermind. He can do that:]

Oct 7, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #3,239 of 10,994
Imaging is one of the qualities I value most in speakers and headphones, and while I don't know what pair Tyll had, my T1s put up a solid image. I can easily discern the various places of the instrumentation on a well recorded track. As for the Treble, he must have had a pair of AKG 701s on his head and got confused. :)

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #3,240 of 10,994
Quote:
This is fair.
From this I understand nothing. He had a problem with them so he dug it out from a graph? Nevermind. He can do that:]

Well, I have read and watched a few reviews of his and I have heard him say he hates harsh sounding cans.  Perhaps they sounded harsh to his ears? Maybe one day in the future he will review them but I always thought he wouldn't like them very much hehe. Maybe just a feeling. Would love to chat to him one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back