The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread
Oct 8, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #3,256 of 10,994
My T1 just arrived, sound great out of the new fiio E09k with the gain switch turned up (doesn't even need half volume to achieve hurt-hear levels when paired with the E17)

First impression - SOLID build quality. I'm convinced these will last a lifetime.

I'm amazed by their imaging already but want to give them some burn-in before I make any judgments.

Oct 8, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #3,257 of 10,994
Quote:
My T1 just arrived, sound great out of the new fiio E09k with the gain switch turned up (doesn't even need half volume to achieve hurt-hear levels when paired with the E17)

First impression - SOLID build quality. I'm convinced these will last a lifetime.

I'm amazed by their imaging already but want to give them some burn-in before I make any judgments.

I'd suggest that there's so much more to sound quality than having an amp "play them loud". The T1s will scale and scale. The best "bang for your buck" T1 amp that I've heard is the Woo Audio WA2 (with a pair of Tung-sol 5998s). 
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #3,260 of 10,994
Also, to the people who think this headphone has harsh treble, I'm not experiencing that at all.

In fact, it seems smoother than that of the DT990 premium 250 ohm and the Sennheiser 595/598.

I used my harsh treble test song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw

Guaranteed to make your ears bleed if your phones are treble-harsh!

My SN is 57xx if that matters.

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #3,262 of 10,994
Quote:
Also, to the people who think this headphone has harsh treble, I'm not experiencing that at all.

In fact, it seems smoother than that of the DT990 premium 250 ohm and the Sennheiser 595/598.

I used my harsh treble test song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iof5pRAIZmw

Guaranteed to make your ears bleed if your phones are treble-harsh!

My SN is 57xx if that matters.

I tend to like a brighter headphone, but even with that preference I don't find them harsh on the top end either. Compare that to the AKG Q701s...now THAT headphone has some harsh treble at times. I love the sound of the T1, though....

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #3,263 of 10,994
Quote:

Hello, Bozoleclown.

Sorry to hear that you're not pleased with the listening experience in the metal genre. I've never heard the T1's with the Amp that you're using. So I don't know about the sound. I listen to a lot of metal myself and all I can tell you is that I'm very pleased with the sound that the A1 Amp can generate together with the T1. Then again it comes to taste, we could have different opinions on how a good metal sound should be. I've also heard good things about the Meier Amp together with the T1 from people who listens to metal music..All, in all maybe it could be the Amp that you're using that doesn't match the T1's or maybe it's just that the T1's doesn't match your taste.

I Can't say that I'm not pleased at all, I sometimes am, but there so many different kind of metal and so many different kind of recordings. As an example, I've listened to an excellent vinyl rip of Cult of Luna's somewhere along the highway, and it was a truly amazing experience. I guess it really depends on the quality of the recording ; when it'sreally bad my only can that do the job correctly is the Denon D5000, although a little bassy, it can make all harsch recordings sound smooth

Oct 9, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #3,264 of 10,994
That's the blessing and the drawback of having higher end headphones that have high transparency. Poorly recorded material will tend to sound pretty bad. The good news is that well recorded material will sound *amazing*, especially if you have a proper amp. I've always preferred speakers that are very transparent, cause otherwise I feel like there is too much in the way of the recording. 

Oct 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #3,265 of 10,994
Hey all

I wanted to know when and how do you all listen to your T1 without disturbing your girl/boy friend etc? I'm using them at night and still worry about my GF complaining. I live a pretty big flat 107 sq meters and there are two closed doors between me and her, However, at a fairly loud volume these open cans sound like mini speakers. The acoustics of my room only make things worse and louder since we have no carpet and only hard wood oak flooring. It's somewhat ruining my enjoyment sadly. Any tips?.....oh she also wears ear plugs at night but she has super sonic bat hearing so this is no solution.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #3,266 of 10,994
Quote:
Hey all

I wanted to know when and how do you all listen to your T1 without disturbing your girl/boy friend etc? I'm using them at night and still worry about my GF complaining. I live a pretty big flat 107 sq meters and there are two closed doors between me and her, However, at a fairly loud volume these open cans sound like mini speakers. The acoustics of my room only make things worse and louder since we have no carpet and only hard wood oak flooring. It's somewhat ruining my enjoyment sadly. Any tips?.....oh she also wears ear plugs at night but she has super sonic bat hearing so this is no solution.

I don't even see how that is possible lol  Is she a mutant from x-men??

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #3,267 of 10,994
Oct 9, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #3,268 of 10,994
Quote:

No....she's German.

biggrin.gif

LOL....well hell, Im German and there's no damn way I could possibly hear the T1s with two closed doors!  Have you considered having some low constant noise on in her room while she's asleep? Maybe the low hum of an electric fan, or possibly some low level music/ambient noise? 

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #3,270 of 10,994
Quote:

Well, that's good that you're not entirely unsatisfied with your T1's. I do however agree with you that it really depends on the quality of the recording. Some badly recorded samples sounds truly horrible which at some times can be disappointing with the T1. So far I haven't had so much trouble with that though.. maybe that will change in the future. I'm still pleased with the sound of the T1. Btw, I've also heard the Denon D5000 that you're mentioning and yeah, I agree it's also a good headphone which can turn bad samples in to smooth sound.

Oh and to you Focker, thanks for the link to the youtube video. I watched both parts and I must say that you really can hear a difference. I will be looking more in to this tube buffer. Thanks again for your kind help regarding this matter. I don't know if I need a tube buffer yet though I'm very pleased with my A1 amp setup at this moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back