The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 25, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #14,686 of 23,532
At least you get to demo before you buy. I've blind bought everything I have, and lost a lot in the process. The trick is, at some point, to stop chasing. If you're someone that needs to try every single IEM that might possibly be pleasing, just make sure your bank balance is ready for the ride!

I feel you bro. I too don’t get to try many, only some iems. Just happened I was able to try some models of EE and 64A brands.

My bank account is already busted with all these EE and 64A purchases. So yeah, will definitely need to stop chasing after this ‘last’ one LOL.

Nov 25, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #14,687 of 23,532
Have reviews said that about the A18s? Are you sure it wasn’t the A18t? One of the things 64’s added with the A18s is LID technology, which essentially preserves the signature of the IEM no matter what device you plug it into. I think it works flawlessly out of a phone, or even the noisy headphone output on my Yamaha CL5 at church.
Shock

I cry at the thought of even considering plugging my gear into noisy output. I usually bring in my stuff to avoid that but it's a bit of hassle to have to setup and pack it up afterwards though. One of the things besides the price of the 18t is that it doesn't have LID. I've been spoiled royally by 64 with that tech,

I think it is because the A12t is just that good. The fact it is $1000 less is amplified when an artist purchases them for the entire band.
There are a number of artists I listen to that use the 12t, but I've seen artists with multiple 18ts.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #14,688 of 23,532
Yep, it's like we're all here discussing different colour balls and expecting to see the same thing :see_no_evil:

I'm using a Forza Audioworks Hybrid IEM cable. I'm not a huge cable believer, certainly won't spend more than a couple hundred on a cable, but will give the Silver Premium a try to see if it makes any substantial sound differences compared to the Forza, otherwise it's going up for sale.
Hi. I also wante dto get a Forza cable for U12T. First which connector should I choose? The CIEM 2pin recessed?
Second, is the cable without memory wire? I absolutely hate memory wire.

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #14,689 of 23,532
I feel you bro. I too don’t get to try many, only some iems. Just happened I was able to try some models of EE and 64A brands.

My bank account is already busted with all these EE and 64A purchases. So yeah, will definitely need to stop chasing after this ‘last’ one LOL.

I was thinking the same and had still one more trigger pulled and got my self the dhc symbiote 19 for my fourtés LoL

Nov 25, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #14,690 of 23,532
Shock

I cry at the thought of even considering plugging my gear into noisy output. I usually bring in my stuff to avoid that but it's a bit of hassle to have to setup and pack it up afterwards though. One of the things besides the price of the 18t is that it doesn't have LID. I've been spoiled royally by 64 with that tech,

There are a number of artists I listen to that use the 12t, but I've seen artists with multiple 18ts.

which one do you prefer?

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #14,691 of 23,532
which one do you prefer?
I haven't actually gotten my hands on the 18t at all. But the 12t suits my taste to a T. Probably the closest iem I've heard

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #14,692 of 23,532
I haven't actually gotten my hands on the 18t at all. But the 12t suits my taste to a T. Probably the closest iem I've heard

I think the A12t is my best sounding IEM with the Hiby R8 and the EE Phantom might be second.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #14,694 of 23,532
do you think that’s because the a18s is newer and eventually they will switch over?

'Can't say, really. It's too early to tell. There haven't been too many A18s universal demos out in the wild yet, and that's been amplified by the pandemic, so not a lot of people have had the luxury of getting to try both.

I think the thing about the fourte is, whether or not you find the "incoherent sound," "funny stage," and "wonky tonality" to be endearing or unpleasant.

Literally all the people I've spoken with who like or dislike the fourte, agree that it has some or all of the aforementioned attributes. I definitely did not find the the tonality of the fourte to be accurate in the slightest, as you do...however, just like you, i enjoyed the fourte quite a lot when i heard it. it's actually one of the few iems i've heard through the years that i'd like to revisit sometime.

It's interesting you're saying you're not hearing these characteristics of its sound; perhaps you're just digging it so much that you don't realize that these are precisely the things you like about the fourte?

The best thing i've seen written about the fourte is a quote by part-time hf reviewer and part-time action hero, @PinkyPowers (paraphrasing here):

"The fourte aims for real, but overshoots, and lands somewhere in Narnia." :upside_down:

Hope you keep enjoying the new fourte, man!

Totally agree with this. Like I said, its colourations are there to be pointed out, but that doesn't mean that they can't be enjoyed too.

Shock

Well, considering I'm mixing on that console, I don't really have a choice, do I? :D I've tried plugging the in-ear into the output of the interface where I'm recording the stereo mix, and it's arguably worse. At this point, though, I've worked with it enough to the point where I do know what I'll be getting out of the final mix, so it's no biggie.

Hi. I also wante dto get a Forza cable for U12T. First which connector should I choose? The CIEM 2pin recessed?
Second, is the cable without memory wire? I absolutely hate memory wire.

Since the U12t's sockets are non-recessed, it can work with both CIEM 2-pin recessed and non-recessed. But, getting the recessed connector will allow you to use that cable with recessed sockets too, so I'd definitely recommend CIEM 2-pin recessed for versatility. Regarding memory wire, it's a custom-made cable after all, so I'm sure you could just write in a special request to omit it when you're placing your order.

Nov 25, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #14,695 of 23,532
I think the A12t is my best sounding IEM with the Hiby R8 and the EE Phantom might be second.
The Phantom is a well done iem, and similar to my other favorite BA setup, the Andromeda, both are greater than the sum of their parts. The Phantom does a bit better, but the treble shelf I couldn't live with. The only problem is that when compared to a 10+ driver setup, the difference in resolution is relatively big. Tia treble allows 64 to put more drivers into the mids and bass without compromising treble performance and the 12/18 models really do show that.

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #14,696 of 23,532
Since the U12t's sockets are non-recessed, it can work with both CIEM 2-pin recessed and non-recessed. But, getting the recessed connector will allow you to use that cable with recessed sockets too, so I'd definitely recommend CIEM 2-pin recessed for versatility. Regarding memory wire, it's a custom-made cable after all, so I'm sure you could just write in a special request to omit it when you're placing your order.
Thanks for the info. What cable (Forza) did you personally go for and what are you using now?

Nov 25, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #14,697 of 23,532
Thanks for the info. What cable (Forza) did you personally go for and what are you using now?

Oh, sorry, I haven't personally used any of Forza's cables, so I don't know which would pair best with your U12t. I was just answering your question about the pin selection, which is applicable to all cables across all manufacturers.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #14,698 of 23,532
Forza Hybrid IEM works very nicely with the U12t. You can ask Matt to make you a Noir IEM cable but that's probably overkill and will also end up being very thick.

Nov 26, 2020 at 5:59 AM Post #14,699 of 23,532
Forza Hybrid IEM works very nicely with the U12t. You can ask Matt to make you a Noir IEM cable but that's probably overkill and will also end up being very thick.
I wanted to go for Linum cables, but they stopped sellng the G2 bax 2pin and only offer superbax models for the 2 pin variant which costs north of 280 Euros.
In my opinion, the iem cables should be as thin and light as possible, but I don't get why most IEM manufacturers ship their product with stiff and heavy ones.

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:55 AM Post #14,700 of 23,532
iPhone macro lens arrived today, and here goes yet another shot of the blue abalone :D

Apologies if it’s borderline spam by this point

84D31D6A-1C8A-4CDB-861A-EA2DDB8F5279.jpeg

0F3A88FD-BBAB-4696-B10C-03B2C2C66092.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back