The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Nov 26, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #14,717 of 23,597
Hey guys,

Slightly off topic, but looking for a super portable DAC to pair with my OnePlus 8 Pro and U12ts? I was thinking about the Dragonfly Cobalt, but heard conflicting reviews on it being too expensive?

Any recommendations and feedback on use with the DFC would be really appreciated.

E1DA 9038D. Look for the review of the 9038S to get a good picture of what you're getting.

A slight off-topic but the other day I saw some tweaks with the supplied app they just released that brings the THD as low as 0.000015% (though with sensitive IEMs youre sitting at -30dB so it will be around 0.0001%). Pretty crazy for 100 bucks :)

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #14,718 of 23,597
E1DA 9038D. Look for the review of the 9038S to get a good picture of what you're getting.

A slight off-topic but the other day I saw some tweaks with the supplied app they just released that brings the THD as low as 0.000015% (though with sensitive IEMs youre sitting at -30dB so it will be around 0.0001%). Pretty crazy for 100 bucks :)
Thanks!! Ended up ordering the Earman Sparrow because of the balanced output!

Nov 26, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #14,720 of 23,597
iPhone macro lens arrived today, and here goes yet another shot of the blue abalone :D

Apologies if it’s borderline spam by this point

84D31D6A-1C8A-4CDB-861A-EA2DDB8F5279.jpeg

0F3A88FD-BBAB-4696-B10C-03B2C2C66092.jpeg
Out of interest what iPhone macro lens did you buy?

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #14,721 of 23,597
After ab both I came to a conclusion that I marginally preferred the noirs over the fourte. Because of thicker vocals less treble elevation by a big margin! They have a very astonishing bass performance. To me the noirs are a worthy collectors edition iem and I really proud to own one!
I am waiting for my ultra dhc the purest silver cable that exists, I cant wait to hear how the noirs are going to sound with it :)

In his video, mr X said he prefer the original Fourte over the Noir. To each their own.

However, i can relate to what he said about the differences after I have heard the Fourte with my own ears. I can’t compare to Noirs obviously but I find Fourte bass is slightly less than the awesome Odin bass and is not over done. If u listen carefully it is not lacking in bass in any sense. Low reaches deep sub bass level and just as textured. Bass quantity is not too much but is very well balanced IMO and for my taste. Mid is slightly pulled back, it’s presentation is something like the Trio mid but with full body and details. In a way Fourte has an overall presentation that feels like the music is being played in front of you rather than forward and next to you. Space and stage is the biggest I’ve heard. But the most part I like about the Fourte is the treble. It is so detailed yet ethereal that I have not heard before. It is elevated but not harsh or sharp. I don’t know if the treble really sounds like ribbon or horn tweeters as what mr X said but I really like it very much.

Now still debating whether to get the loan unit or get a complete new set with the new logo and packaging from 64 Audio...

edit: typo - mr X

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #14,722 of 23,597
In his video, mr X said he prefer the original Fourte over the Noir. To each their own.

However, i can relate to what he said about the differences after I have heard the Fourte with my own ears. I can’t compare to Noirs obviously but I find Fourte bass is slightly less than the awesome Odin bass and is not over done. If u listen carefully it is not lacking in bass in any sense. Low reaches deep sub bass level and just as textured. Bass quantity is not too much but is very well balanced IMO and for my taste. Mid is slightly pulled back, it’s presentation is something like the Trio mid but with full body and details. In a way Fourte has an overall presentation that feels like the music is being played in front of you rather than forward and next to you. Space and stage is the biggest I’ve heard. But the most part I like about the Fourte is the treble. It is so detailed yet ethereal that I have not heard before. It is elevated but not harsh or sharp. I don’t know if the treble really sounds like ribbon or horn tweeters as what mr X said but I really like it very much.

Now still debating whether to get the loan unit or get a complete new set with the new logo and packaging from 64 Audio...

Aha time and time again we can see everyone’s tastes can vary so greatly, I personally found forte’s treble to be unbearable, to much and too sharp.

Nov 27, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #14,723 of 23,597

Interesting observations again. Most reviews I've read suggest Trio has fuller mids than Fourte and Trio definitely has more bass than Odin, so I'm not quite sure how the Fourte has less...

Not arguing, and I personally haven't heard Fourte or Odin, just going off reviews and SPL charts.

graph (46).png

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:24 AM Post #14,725 of 23,597
Interesting observations again. Most reviews I've read suggest Trio has fuller mids than Fourte and Trio definitely has more bass than Odin, so I'm not quite sure how the Fourte has less...

Not arguing, and I personally haven't heard Fourte or Odin, just going off reviews and SPL charts.

Trio hits harder than Odin, based on my memory of Trio (with 6 mths ownership). Odin has more sub bass and less mid bass to me. Fourte definitely warmer and fuller mid than Trio for me. But I don’t have all three with me to compare side by side.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 4:32 AM Post #14,726 of 23,597

graph (46).png
I'm just going off memory since it's been a while since I owned the Fourte but I do remember it as having more bass than the Odin. It also has a pretty odd midrange, it's ummm... "buttery" - super smoothed out. I guess that dip might be causing that effect

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #14,727 of 23,597
If the OG Fourte’s bass is anything like the Noir’s, then it definitely has more bass quantity than Odin. Odin’s bass is tuned pretty neutral. It’s bass quality is immense though.

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #14,728 of 23,597
To add to this discussion, many people said Trio treble is too bright which I don’t totally disagree but I didn’t find it too bad (it was acceptable to me). Now people are saying Fourte treble is too much too bright, which I didn’t find it as such, and in fact I find it better than Trio treble. Does it means Trio treble is better than Fourte lol...Confusing eh?

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:58 AM Post #14,729 of 23,597
If the OG Fourte’s bass is anything like the Noir’s, then it definitely has more bass quantity than Odin. Odin’s bass is tuned pretty neutral. It’s bass quality is immense though.

Apparently 64 Audio re-tuned the DD of the original Fourte to a warmer and richer low-end response for the Noirs. It is supposed to sound more bassy than Fourte and has been confirmed by a few folks.

Nov 27, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #14,730 of 23,597
To add to this discussion, many people said Trio treble is too bright which I don’t totally disagree but I didn’t find it too bad (it was acceptable to me). Now people are saying Fourte treble is too much too bright, which I didn’t find it as such, and in fact I find it better than Trio treble. Does it means Trio treble is better than Fourte lol...Confusing eh?

It’s probably just me, idk what it was but nothing about the fourte I liked, I cringed and took them off immediately when I tried them, that’s why I had some hesitations trying your trio at the time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back