The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
post-15997690
Post #14,686 of 15,626

DavidS11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I feel it’s because most of the Fourte’s liberties lie in the midrange, and the midrange is arguably where you have the most leeway in terms of colouration. A slight excess of bass or a misplaced treble spike can be enough to ruin a signature, while the mids tend to be more of a subjective area. As I mentioned on my Noir review, I personally found the 1kHz dip a tad noticeable. But, it can still be a fun, enjoyable listen, regardless. As always, it all comes down to taste.
I have a friend who’s been listening to this particular singer all his life and know her voice by the back of his hands. I let him listen to the Odin first and he said it doesn’t sound exactly like her voice. He then listen to Fourte and said, yep that her voice with all the lifelike characteristics. I agree it comes down to taste for everyone. It’s just an interesting observation.

post-15997711
Post #14,687 of 15,626

DavidS11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think the thing about the fourte is, whether or not you find the "incoherent sound," "funny stage," and "wonky tonality" to be endearing or unpleasant.

Literally all the people I've spoken with who like or dislike the fourte, agree that it has some or all of the aforementioned attributes. I definitely did not find the the tonality of the fourte to be accurate in the slightest, as you do...however, just like you, i enjoyed the fourte quite a lot when i heard it. it's actually one of the few iems i've heard through the years that i'd like to revisit sometime.

It's interesting you're saying you're not hearing these characteristics of its sound; perhaps you're just digging it so much that you don't realize that these are precisely the things you like about the fourte?

The best thing i've seen written about the fourte is a quote by part-time hf reviewer and part-time action hero, @PinkyPowers (paraphrasing here):

"The fourte aims for real, but overshoots, and lands somewhere in Narnia." :upside_down:

Hope you keep enjoying the new fourte, man!
Yes I have read all the reviews there is available and not one is consistent. Some were just all positives while others talked about totally different ‘flaws’.

I am not saying the Fourte has no flaws (tell me which iem has no flaws I’ll buy it :relaxed:) but I just didn’t find it as bad as what have been said before. I think it deserves better mentions IMO.

post-15997714
Post #14,688 of 15,626

DavidS11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hahah thats me 😛😛😛😛

I met with him hes a very cool guy and he also have the original fourte 🙃 I did a/b them vs noirs too. He also have Odin!

By the way did you get your fourte new or second hand?

Its this buddy right here hehe
@HIFI Butterfly
I have not yet bought the Fourte. It is a loan unit.

Yeah he has another video that he talks more about his Fourte and Odin.

Reactions: Vitaly2017
post-15997718
Post #14,689 of 15,626

gLer

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Yes I have read all the reviews there is available and not one is consistent. Some were just all positives while others talked about totally different ‘flaws’.

I am not saying the Fourte has no flaws (tell me which iem has no flaws I’ll buy it :relaxed:) but I just didn’t find it as bad as what have been said before. I think it deserves better mentions IMO.
I think what most Fourte reviews highlight is that it's quite a polarising IEM because the tuning is quite different to many other flagships, and also in comparison to some of 64's other IEMs that have safer or smoother tuning (like Trio, U12t etc.). If you fall into the group that loves the Fourte, it's all golden. If you don't like the tuning, then you'll knock it. Sounds like you're in the first group.

post-15997759
Post #14,690 of 15,626

DavidS11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
I think what most Fourte reviews highlight is that it's quite a polarising IEM because the tuning is quite different to many other flagships, and also in comparison to some of 64's other IEMs that have safer or smoother tuning (like Trio, U12t etc.). If you fall into the group that loves the Fourte, it's all golden. If you don't like the tuning, then you'll knock it. Sounds like you're in the first group.
Agree with you and thanks for your view. So far I enjoy listening to it. Will probably pull the trigger. Just trying to make sure as it’s expensive and I have already lost a lot previously on the Trio and U12t.

post-15997774
Post #14,691 of 15,626

gLer

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Agree with you and thanks for your view. So far I enjoy listening to it. Will probably pull the trigger. Just trying to make sure as it’s expensive and I have already lost a lot previously on the Trio and U12t.
At least you get to demo before you buy. I've blind bought everything I have, and lost a lot in the process. The trick is, at some point, to stop chasing. If you're someone that needs to try every single IEM that might possibly be pleasing, just make sure your bank balance is ready for the ride!

post-15997808
Post #14,692 of 15,626

DavidS11

500+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
At least you get to demo before you buy. I've blind bought everything I have, and lost a lot in the process. The trick is, at some point, to stop chasing. If you're someone that needs to try every single IEM that might possibly be pleasing, just make sure your bank balance is ready for the ride!
I feel you bro. I too don’t get to try many, only some iems. Just happened I was able to try some models of EE and 64A brands.

My bank account is already busted with all these EE and 64A purchases. So yeah, will definitely need to stop chasing after this ‘last’ one LOL.

post-15997958
Post #14,693 of 15,626

KuroKitsu

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Have reviews said that about the A18s? Are you sure it wasn’t the A18t? One of the things 64’s added with the A18s is LID technology, which essentially preserves the signature of the IEM no matter what device you plug it into. I think it works flawlessly out of a phone, or even the noisy headphone output on my Yamaha CL5 at church.
Shock

I cry at the thought of even considering plugging my gear into noisy output. I usually bring in my stuff to avoid that but it's a bit of hassle to have to setup and pack it up afterwards though. One of the things besides the price of the 18t is that it doesn't have LID. I've been spoiled royally by 64 with that tech,

I think it is because the A12t is just that good. The fact it is $1000 less is amplified when an artist purchases them for the entire band.
There are a number of artists I listen to that use the 12t, but I've seen artists with multiple 18ts.

post-15998131
Post #14,694 of 15,626

drkhermushov

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Yep, it's like we're all here discussing different colour balls and expecting to see the same thing :see_no_evil:

I'm using a Forza Audioworks Hybrid IEM cable. I'm not a huge cable believer, certainly won't spend more than a couple hundred on a cable, but will give the Silver Premium a try to see if it makes any substantial sound differences compared to the Forza, otherwise it's going up for sale.
Hi. I also wante dto get a Forza cable for U12T. First which connector should I choose? The CIEM 2pin recessed?
Second, is the cable without memory wire? I absolutely hate memory wire.

post-15998135
Post #14,695 of 15,626

Vitaly2017

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I feel you bro. I too don’t get to try many, only some iems. Just happened I was able to try some models of EE and 64A brands.

My bank account is already busted with all these EE and 64A purchases. So yeah, will definitely need to stop chasing after this ‘last’ one LOL.

I was thinking the same and had still one more trigger pulled and got my self the dhc symbiote 19 for my fourtés LoL

Reactions: DavidS11
post-15998173
Post #14,696 of 15,626

Mike7300

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Shock

I cry at the thought of even considering plugging my gear into noisy output. I usually bring in my stuff to avoid that but it's a bit of hassle to have to setup and pack it up afterwards though. One of the things besides the price of the 18t is that it doesn't have LID. I've been spoiled royally by 64 with that tech,

There are a number of artists I listen to that use the 12t, but I've seen artists with multiple 18ts.
which one do you prefer?

post-15998213
Post #14,697 of 15,626

KuroKitsu

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
which one do you prefer?
I haven't actually gotten my hands on the 18t at all. But the 12t suits my taste to a T. Probably the closest iem I've heard

Reactions: 64Audio
post-15998219
Post #14,698 of 15,626

mwhals

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
I haven't actually gotten my hands on the 18t at all. But the 12t suits my taste to a T. Probably the closest iem I've heard
I think the A12t is my best sounding IEM with the Hiby R8 and the EE Phantom might be second.

Reactions: 64Audio
post-15998254
Post #14,700 of 15,626

Deezel177

Reviewer at The Headphone List
Reaction score
Website
www.TheHeadphoneList.com
do you think that’s because the a18s is newer and eventually they will switch over?
'Can't say, really. It's too early to tell. There haven't been too many A18s universal demos out in the wild yet, and that's been amplified by the pandemic, so not a lot of people have had the luxury of getting to try both.

I think the thing about the fourte is, whether or not you find the "incoherent sound," "funny stage," and "wonky tonality" to be endearing or unpleasant.

Literally all the people I've spoken with who like or dislike the fourte, agree that it has some or all of the aforementioned attributes. I definitely did not find the the tonality of the fourte to be accurate in the slightest, as you do...however, just like you, i enjoyed the fourte quite a lot when i heard it. it's actually one of the few iems i've heard through the years that i'd like to revisit sometime.

It's interesting you're saying you're not hearing these characteristics of its sound; perhaps you're just digging it so much that you don't realize that these are precisely the things you like about the fourte?

The best thing i've seen written about the fourte is a quote by part-time hf reviewer and part-time action hero, @PinkyPowers (paraphrasing here):

"The fourte aims for real, but overshoots, and lands somewhere in Narnia." :upside_down:

Hope you keep enjoying the new fourte, man!
Totally agree with this. Like I said, its colourations are there to be pointed out, but that doesn't mean that they can't be enjoyed too.

Shock

Well, considering I'm mixing on that console, I don't really have a choice, do I? :D I've tried plugging the in-ear into the output of the interface where I'm recording the stereo mix, and it's arguably worse. At this point, though, I've worked with it enough to the point where I do know what I'll be getting out of the final mix, so it's no biggie.

Hi. I also wante dto get a Forza cable for U12T. First which connector should I choose? The CIEM 2pin recessed?
Second, is the cable without memory wire? I absolutely hate memory wire.
Since the U12t's sockets are non-recessed, it can work with both CIEM 2-pin recessed and non-recessed. But, getting the recessed connector will allow you to use that cable with recessed sockets too, so I'd definitely recommend CIEM 2-pin recessed for versatility. Regarding memory wire, it's a custom-made cable after all, so I'm sure you could just write in a special request to omit it when you're placing your order.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 25, Guests: 10)