The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #13,366 of 23,543
Hello, may I ask, any one who recently received Nio, is the cable premium one or professional?
Thanks.
The cable supplied with the Nio is the professional cable. There was a promo in the beginning that included the silver premium cable ($499) for free with a pre-order, but some of us are still waiting for that to be delivered. Apparently, 64 is running behind on supplying these - especially the 4.4mm balanced.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #13,367 of 23,543
I bought one and it is professional cable, the merchant said that it is 64 Audio inventory issue.
they offer me to swap with a new factory sealed one, so I ask, in case that is still professional one in the box.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #13,368 of 23,543
The cable supplied with the Nio is the professional cable. There was a promo in the beginning that included the silver premium cable ($499) for free with a pre-order, but some of us are still waiting for that to be delivered. Apparently, 64 is running behind on supplying these - especially the 4.4mm balanced.
Premium cable is showed in both 64 audio and online store product page, it shouldn't be a professional one when shipped.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #13,369 of 23,543
I bought one and it is professional cable, the merchant said that it is 64 Audio inventory issue.
they offer me to swap with a new factory sealed one, so I ask, in case that is still professional one in the box.
My understanding is that the pro cable was shipped with the premium silver cable as a bundle if you purchased during the promo period. If you purchased after the promo period, you should get the black premium cable. At least that’s my understanding.

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #13,371 of 23,543
My understanding is that the pro cable was shipped with the premium silver cable as a bundle if you purchased during the promo period. If you purchased after the promo period, you should get the black premium cable. At least that’s my understanding.
That makes sense, so they sold me the unit and keep the silver cable.:slight_frown:

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #13,372 of 23,543
That makes sense, so they sold me the unit and keep the silver cable.:slight_frown:
When did you order? I pre-ordered on June 19th and just received them last week. I am still waiting on the silver cable. I would be surprised if the black premium cable is included now as I just got one of the latest batch.

Edit - This does seem to be the case as those with them showing in stock have the black premium cable pictured.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #13,373 of 23,543
Makes sense. I got the bundle with the silver cable, and the Nio came with the professional cable. I would expect orders now to come with the premium cable indeed. I didn't realize that the freebie wasn't as big a freebie... But hey, still a freebie. :)

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #13,374 of 23,543
Ergonomically yes, though I find the stock premium cable that came with the Trio sounds better to me than the premium silver cable that sells for $500. It's also more comfortable when worn than the thicker silver cable.

Bro, the stock premium cable is actually not too bad sound wise but don’t write off the silver premium so early. You should give some time to listen to the Trio with stock cable first and familiarize with the Trio tuning. Then try the silver premium. You may be surprised with what the silver premium can do :wink:

Sep 11, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #13,375 of 23,543
When did you order? I pre-ordered on June 19th and just received them last week. I am still waiting on the silver cable. I would be surprised if the black premium cable is included now as I just got one of the latest batch.

Edit - This does seem to be the case as those with them showing in stock have the black premium cable pictured.
I ordered on past Sunday as open box unit.

Sep 11, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #13,376 of 23,543
Absolutely love my Nio with the Loki+ :ksc75smile:
48B5A5DB-EEF8-4AD7-93DA-19E8DEE44676.jpeg

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #13,377 of 23,543
My understanding is the professional cable & premium cable are the same sound & internals wise, it's just that the premium cable has the bulkier hardware. Am I wrong? The descriptions on 64 Audio's website seem to be the same.

The Professional Cable is designed and tested for maximum durability and features an ultra-low resistance, Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) wire that optimizes the performance of our tia™ drivers. With an improved damping factor, the bass is deeper yet more controlled, and the silver-plating increases transparency and micro-detail for an immersive musical experience. The silver-plating of the wire also helps prevent the copper from oxidizing and turning green.

The Premium Cable is designed and tested for maximum durability and features an ultra-low resistance, Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) wire that optimizes the performance of our tia™ drivers. With an improved damping factor, the bass is deeper yet more controlled, and the silver-plating increases transparency and micro-detail for an immersive musical experience. The silver-plating of the wire also helps prevent the copper from oxidizing and turning green.

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #13,378 of 23,543
Bro, the stock premium cable is actually not too bad sound wise but don’t write off the silver premium so early. You should give some time to listen to the Trio with stock cable first and familiarize with the Trio tuning. Then try the silver premium. You may be surprised with what the silver premium can do :wink:

Great! Have you compared premium silver vs noir 8wire stock cable yet? For me silver with my noirs are really awesome 😁😄

Sep 11, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #13,379 of 23,543
My understanding is the professional cable & premium cable are the same sound & internals wise, it's just that the premium cable has the bulkier hardware. Am I wrong? The descriptions on 64 Audio's website seem to be the same.

The Professional Cable is designed and tested for maximum durability and features an ultra-low resistance, Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) wire that optimizes the performance of our tia™ drivers. With an improved damping factor, the bass is deeper yet more controlled, and the silver-plating increases transparency and micro-detail for an immersive musical experience. The silver-plating of the wire also helps prevent the copper from oxidizing and turning green.

The Premium Cable is designed and tested for maximum durability and features an ultra-low resistance, Silver-Plated Copper (SPC) wire that optimizes the performance of our tia™ drivers. With an improved damping factor, the bass is deeper yet more controlled, and the silver-plating increases transparency and micro-detail for an immersive musical experience. The silver-plating of the wire also helps prevent the copper from oxidizing and turning green.

Hmm, sure sounds quite similar haha...

So that would mean $ 90 for a different plug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back