The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 10, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #13,336 of 23,565
Sep 10, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #13,338 of 23,565
Vitaliy said on 64 Audio's Q&A on Instagram that a custom, fully-tubeless IEM should be possible at some point in the future. They just haven't been able to get over a few roadblocks just yet.

If I recall correctly, the FiR customs are all tubeless. I think they use some sort of material inside the shells to keep the general space of the internals consistent?

Maybe Bogdan could help his brother out a little :wink:

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #13,339 of 23,565
If I recall correctly, the FiR customs are all tubeless. I think they use some sort of material inside the shells to keep the general space of the internals consistent?

Maybe Bogdan could help his brother out a little :wink:

Yeah, that's how FiR do it. Speaking of Bogdan, judging from the little jab Vitaly throws at him in the Instagram video, I don't think they'll be helping each other with this anytime soon. :p

Sep 10, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #13,340 of 23,565
Try see if custom arts eartips can make you an eartip. They do custom like eartips and its very very small form factor like regular eartips. It might work for you...
Next on my list of audio purchases...

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #13,341 of 23,565
Sep 10, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #13,342 of 23,565
Thanks for suggestion but I pass. I’ve seen some of those weird looking custom ear tips, no thanks :sweat: I’ll rather deal with the fit/seal somehow :smile:
https://soundperfectionreviews.com/review-custom-art-custom-iem-eartips/

Not sure if you have seen them? Much lower profile than the likes from adv/snugs.

I have both a pair of advanced custom tips for my z1r and custom art tips for my nio. The advanced tips are huge and kind of unwieldy, but the custom art tips are pretty small and don't make the iem stick out much.

They give a great fit. And custom art has been awesome to work with. I still have a small amount of discomfort after longer listening sessions in my left ear and custom art has been receptive to working with me. And it even seems like they might remake them with a smaller profile than current to try and make them that much better.

Photo for reference and I can also link a photo to the advanced eartips I have for my z1r.

IMG_20200827_105139.jpg

Sep 10, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #13,343 of 23,565
Trio is an amazing IEM to have in a 3-4 IEM collection. Just does what it does extremely well.

I’d pick U12T as the all arounder and one IEM collection though.

Need to listen to Nio still.

Sep 10, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #13,344 of 23,565
Trio is an amazing IEM to have in a 3-4 IEM collection. Just does what it does extremely well.

It is great in a 6 IEM collection too. :L3000:

Sep 10, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #13,348 of 23,565
Can anyone who has owned or listened to all three comment on the mids quality between the 64 trinity of Nio, U12T, and Trio? Specifically interested in which model delivers the richest, fullest, most forward mids... I hate to ask anyone to make that old cliche equation to the HD650, but yeah, I’m asking, lol...
Nio with MX is very reminiscent of HD650, just quite a few tiers more resolving and impressive. HD650 rolls off its sub bass very quickly.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Sep 11, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #13,349 of 23,565

Sep 11, 2020 at 1:34 AM Post #13,350 of 23,565

Yep for sure. Though for me it's ideal in a 2-IEM setup along with Nio. Between them they tick all the boxes. I could easily live with either as my only IEM, but there are the occasional tracks on Nio where the bassline can get a little thick or the details pushed back a touch, which made me consider a different IEM, and I'm so glad I did. Ironically I always thought it was going to be the U12t, because I regretted selling it to buy Nio, but I regret it no more. There are still things the U12t can do that the other two can't, but that's more because it's slightly smoother and more relaxed where the Trio is more direct and intense, and it comes second to both (for me) for its lack of DD bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back