The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Sep 12, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #13,396 of 23,565
Hmm, that's interesting. Maybe test it with the cable's left plug? But, if both the stock cable and UTSW1 falls out of it, then it's safe to assume that that one will too. I'm purely speculating here, but there's a possibility that the socket on the in-ear has somehow come loose of its housing, so you're essentially plugging the cable into two holes with nothing behind them. I'd definitely recommend sending them back to 64 for a check-up.
I've already sent them - they went out yesterday. I'm unsettled though. $2k IEM's ostensibly marketed as pro-tools, for stage and studio, should not fail this quickly. I know I could just have a faulty socket, but still, if it goes again after the warranty I'm going to be pretty annoyed with myself. Fool me once... etc.

Sep 12, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #13,397 of 23,565
I've already sent them - they went out yesterday. I'm unsettled though. $2k IEM's ostensibly marketed as pro-tools, for stage and studio, should not fail this quickly. I know I could just have a faulty socket, but still, if it goes again after the warranty I'm going to be pretty annoyed with myself. Fool me once... etc.
It happens. This is an isolated case and since your IEMs are under warranty 64 Audio will fix them back to new. It's definitely not a common occurrence with this brand as far as I know. Good luck with the fix.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #13,398 of 23,565
Great! Have you compared premium silver vs noir 8wire stock cable yet? For me silver with my noirs are really awesome 😁😄

Yes bro. both are great. I haven't come down to comparing the two in detail yet but I'm really liking the Premium Silver so far. To me, it's a clear step up from the stock Premium cable.

With the Premium Silver, the Trio has a more open and airy soundstage with improved resolution and transparency. Bass is tighter with better control and less loose sounding. Mid and treble is also clearer and more articulate with a blacker background. I pretty much enjoyed it with the higher level of sound clarity and fidelity that is brought by the Premium Silver over the stock Premium cable on the Trio. It makes the Trio sounds much better without changing its sound signature and I appreciate the Trio sound even more.

Cheers.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #13,399 of 23,565
The Silver Premium emphasizes parts of the Trio's treble that just don't sit well with me. They make some higher pitched details more prominent than others. In comparison the PW10 8-wire cable I'm testing adds all those same details (and even more) but without changing the overall balance or adding any harshness. In fact it makes the Trio sound even more coherent event though it puts it on steroids. And the PW10 costs $150 less than the Silver Premium cable and you can't even compare their build quality. Go figure.

Fair enough, we all hear differently and have different sound preferences. Enjoy your 64 Audio.

Sep 12, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #13,400 of 23,565
I bought some U12t's new in August and I've just had to send them in for repair due to the right side connector failing - the connector no longer snaps into place, it just drops back out. I've only noticed, or caused, this problem by getting some Fiio UTSW1's about a week ago, so I've switched over to them from the cable a handful of times. Given that this seems to have been enough to break something I'm concerned that this is going to happen again, specifically after the one year warranty period.

Is switching out the cable with any regularity totally inadvisable with these, or have I just got a faulty connector? I'm thinking about selling them when they come back and going back to some more robust, or at least less expensive, headphones. Which is a problem, because listening to anything else after having U12t's for six weeks really shows how bad my previous gear was.

Sorry to hear about your U12t problem. Not sure if it could be due to the 2-pins of the FiiO cable not being within the spec of the 64 Audio sockets. FYI I swap multiple cables on the Trio many many times and the 2-pin sockets are still as tight as new. Note I swap with only 64 Audio cables though.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #13,401 of 23,565
Sorry to hear about your U12t problem. Not sure if it could be due to the 2-pins of the FiiO cable not being within the spec of the 64 Audio sockets. FYI I swap multiple cables on the Trio many many times and the 2-pin sockets are still as tight as new. Note I swap with only 64 Audio cables though.
Yes I'm suspecting the tolerances on these are very small and the FiiO's have messed something up. Good thing that they're really uncomfortable with the U12t's (when attached they are firmly touching, so clamp on the back of your ear until it hurts), so I'll ditch them and possibly stick with wired U12t's when they come back.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #13,402 of 23,565
Yes bro. both are great. I haven't come down to comparing the two in detail yet but I'm really liking the Premium Silver so far. To me, it's a clear step up from the stock Premium cable.

With the Premium Silver, the Trio has a more open and airy soundstage with improved resolution and transparency. Bass is tighter with better control and less loose sounding. Mid and treble is also clearer and more articulate with a blacker background. I pretty much enjoyed it with the higher level of sound clarity and fidelity that is brought by the Premium Silver over the stock Premium cable on the Trio. It makes the Trio sounds much better without changing its sound signature and I appreciate the Trio sound even more.

Cheers.

Pure silver is nice w/ the Trio, tightens everything up and elevates the treble and mids a bit. However, it's a rather intense listen.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #13,403 of 23,565
Pure silver is nice w/ the Trio, tightens everything up and elevates the treble and mids a bit. However, it's a rather intense listen.

Trios are deep divers they can knock you out of the reality hehe
I remember having a lot of fun with them!

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #13,404 of 23,565

Have not tried pure silver with the Trio. I could see that could make it too intense for some pure silver. The Premium Silver is not a pure silver cable and I don’t find it intense for me at all.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #13,405 of 23,565
Trios are deep divers they can knock you out of the reality hehe
I remember having a lot of fun with them!

I’m just rocking with the 1A. I’m really enjoying them atm. Very detailed and musical at the same time. DD bass and TIA highs. Mids are surprisingly solid too. I expected an extreme V-shape but that’s not the case at all. If anything, they’re surprisingly balanced. Also, three drivers means lighter weight and less phasing issues. Everything is extremely coherent. Apex as well for long and easy listening.

If I had to describe it, it would be U12T’s more adventurous brother (or sister). Same DNA, just more exciting. Less sheer resolution but more excitement and emotion while retaining very, very good technicalities.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:33 PM Post #13,406 of 23,565
I’m just rocking with the 1A. I’m really enjoying them atm. Very detailed and musical at the same time. DD bass and TIA highs. Mids are surprisingly solid too. I expected an extreme V-shape but that’s not the case at all. If anything, they’re surprisingly balanced. Also, three drivers means lighter weight and less phasing issues. Everything is extremely coherent. Apex as well for long and easy listening.

If I had to describe it, it would be U12T’s more adventurous brother (or sister). Same DNA, just more exciting. Less sheer resolution but more excitement and emotion while retaining very, very good technicalities.

Agreed with you to the dot. Love both U12t and Trio.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #13,407 of 23,565
Exactly, I confirm this with 64 audio customer support. All preorder unit come with pro. Cable and free silver cable. So, after preorder period, you should get premium cable. Reasonable suspect is the seller keep the silver cable from the package.
I bought them new from an authorized 64 Audio dealer... they are stating that they already sold the preorder units, and that several customers recently have discovered a Professional cable where there should be a Premium. They are looking into it, and said they should have an update for me on Mon or Tues...

Can anybody confirm how the preorder units handled the boxing of the Pro and Silver Premium cables? That is, were the IEMs sealed in the box attached to the Pro cable or the Silver? If the Pro, then was the Silver also somewhere in the shrink wrapped box? Or were they boxed separately, and just arrived alongside, like a combo package deal?

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #13,408 of 23,565
Completely separate for me. Box with iems and pro cable inside. Separate small box with the premium cable.

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #13,409 of 23,565

Agreed with you to the dot. Love both U12t and Trio.

Yes Trio are my second all time favorite! If tia fourte Noir didnt exist I would never change.
Trio is slightly U sounding and more midforward then the Ier-z1r. I also love trios bass response its versatile quick and deep.
I have to admit noir tia ba driver for the mids makes a huge difference if you try it you will have hard time going back lol.
So I advise to not audition the noir unless you are comited to buy it!

Overall Trio and Noir are different enough to own both actually. As trio is the more fun one its entertaining that you forget everything.
Noir is more balanced and mature audiophile type.
I still miss the trio sometimes 😄

Sep 12, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #13,410 of 23,565
I bought them new from an authorized 64 Audio dealer... they are stating that they already sold the preorder units, and that several customers recently have discovered a Professional cable where there should be a Premium. They are looking into it, and said they should have an update for me on Mon or Tues...

Can anybody confirm how the preorder units handled the boxing of the Pro and Silver Premium cables? That is, were the IEMs sealed in the box attached to the Pro cable or the Silver? If the Pro, then was the Silver also somewhere in the shrink wrapped box? Or were they boxed separately, and just arrived alongside, like a combo package deal?
Pro cable in the box with the nio, silver cable in a separate box, separately shrink wrapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back