The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 9, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #6,271 of 23,553
I have been a fan of aftermarket cables since kimber introduced it's PBJ 25 years ago. I currently own a few IEM's cables ; Plussound X6, PlusSound Poetic series and Triton 6litz silver. I ordered the Effect Audio Leo II but after getting my amex bill and with my Cowon PL still for sale, I am thinking of returning it as I am finding it hard to justify keeping it. Although it has Palladium in it ...YMMV... I'd love to crack open the sealed case and give it a whirl but I would probably be unable to return it than :spy:
I hate to tempt you, but Leo II is one of my favourite cables. I tried it out with the U12t for a friend recently and that pairing was extremely good. I am letting mine go for charity, but that will be a tough goodbye. :wink:

May 9, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #6,273 of 23,553
I hate to tempt you, but Leo II is one of my favourite cables. I tried it out with the U12t for a friend recently and that pairing was extremely good. I am letting mine go for charity, but that will be a tough goodbye. :wink:

Dang!

That's like showing up at AA with a growler full of IPA :smile:

May 9, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #6,274 of 23,553
FYI

I didn't think of trying any other brand of IEM's as my U12's have preformed flawlessly since I've owned them. The customer service provided by the expert staff of 64 audio enhances the brand and the experience of owning a world class set of IEM's. I've dealt with many companies in my journey towards audio nirvana and 64 audio is second to non..... IMHO

I highly recommend them!!!

Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #6,275 of 23,553
FYI

I didn't think of trying any other brand of IEM's as my U12's have preformed flawlessly since I've owned them. The customer service provided by the expert staff of 1964 enhances the brand and the experience of owning a world class set of IEM's. I've dealt with many companies in my journey towards audio nirvana and 1964 is second to non..... IMHO

I highly recommend them!!!

Well that's nice but what about 64audio? :p :)

May 9, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #6,276 of 23,553
Last edited:
May 9, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #6,277 of 23,553
So....after much research, I purchased the Tia Trio. Have to say, I think they are about perfect for my favorite music, which is hard bop jazz. With some other genres, I don't care for the upper midrange as much, but I am pleased with them.
Weeks, months, (I don't remember), I ordered the Sony Z1R off of Amazon US. I really didn't think they were going to ship anytime soon.
Lo and behold, they were delivered today, and sit unopened near my front door.

I can't really afford to have two $2K iem's in the house. Do I just send the Sony's back, or do I listen to see if I like them better?
If it’s all the same try the Sony’s out but my money is on the trio . What’s up with all this snow in May ?

May 9, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #6,278 of 23,553
Neither did I, but I listened to a few tracks on YouTube and it is refreshingly different! Apart from classical music I listen to precious little instrumental music and so this was a bit of an eye(ear)-opener. Thanks Daniel!

Quite the jump from classical, I must imagine. :D Tooth and Claw from the Joy of Motion album is still my go-to how-many-elements-can-you-resolve-at-once test and the U18t nails it, whilst providing a very likeable, clean tone. :wink:

May 11, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #6,279 of 23,553
FIR ATOM modules ordered! Will report back how they pair with my A18t in the future, although Twister already covered that.

I’m looking forward to your impressions. So I’ll know if I need to play copycat and order a set myself.... if I can keep the energy of the M20 with the airiness of the M15, that will be perfect....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back