The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 6, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #6,241 of 23,608
Thanks. The IEM needs to be good with multiple genres as I listen to rock, country, classical, bluegrass, and pop mostly.
That makes the choice even tougher, as I think both can do it all, but both have their own strengths. I personally prefer the U12t for classical because the balance is really quite good for it, but for more fun/energetic music the Trio are just that bit more engaging. I guess you could say that the U12t do things "proper", while the Trio have some youthful exuberance.

May 6, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #6,242 of 23,608
Thanks. I was not aware of the shrinking. Will 64 Audio scan and file them months before I even order?

Hi mwhals,
We don't scan impressions until an order is placed, the reason being is that it takes a lot of work to refine the shape and render a model, so we need to prioritize impressions that are ready to move into production. It's best to place an order and then send in your impressions with the order information included.

64 Audio Stay updated on 64 Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/64audio https://twitter.com/64audio https://instagram.com/64audio https://www.64audio.com/ info@64audio.com
May 6, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #6,243 of 23,608
Hi mwhals,
We don't scan impressions until an order is placed, the reason being is that it takes a lot of work to refine the shape and render a model, so we need to prioritize impressions that are ready to move into production. It's best to place an order and then send in your impressions with the order information included.

Thanks, that is what I would expect.

May 6, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #6,244 of 23,608
That makes the choice even tougher, as I think both can do it all, but both have their own strengths. I personally prefer the U12t for classical because the balance is really quite good for it, but for more fun/energetic music the Trio are just that bit more engaging. I guess you could say that the U12t do things "proper", while the Trio have some youthful exuberance.
Completely agree with this assessment of the Trio...
They are not completely accurate. And I didn’t think I would ever say this...but it is to their benefit.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #6,245 of 23,608
The A18 reproduces sound with supreme realism, energy, and excitement.

If you appreciate coloration, the trio and fourte give you that. Personally, I find the trio to sound more "real" than the fourte. That said, if you're not looking for a realistic sound, the fourte has a very interesting presentation, with a speaker-like soundstage that is indeed very unique.

May 6, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #6,246 of 23,608
I think the A12t is the best choice for me, but the N8 would give me a different flavor since my JH Audio Angie II is great with classical.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #6,249 of 23,608
Which 64audio model for rock and metal? Just curious really.

The A18t's one of my absolute favourite IEMs for artists like Animals as Leaders. But, the A6t's a more affordable, just-as-fitting alternative. :wink:

May 8, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #6,250 of 23,608
The A18t's one of my absolute favourite IEMs for artists like Animals as Leaders. But, the A6t's a more affordable, just-as-fitting alternative. :wink:
Never heard of them, and I thought I was in to some obscure stuff!

May 8, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #6,251 of 23,608
Never heard of them, and I thought I was in to some obscure stuff!
Neither did I, but I listened to a few tracks on YouTube and it is refreshingly different! Apart from classical music I listen to precious little instrumental music and so this was a bit of an eye(ear)-opener. Thanks Daniel!

May 8, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #6,252 of 23,608
Neither did I, but I listened to a few tracks on YouTube and it is refreshingly different! Apart from classical music I listen to precious little instrumental music and so this was a bit of an eye(ear)-opener. Thanks Daniel!
Animals as leaders are amazing

Like Rush on steroids

If you have not heard Cafo, please do

What Matt gets out of that minimal drum kit is mind blowing

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back