It's here!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 15573563328817729279372223889190.jpg
    15573563328817729279372223889190.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
May 8, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #6,258 of 23,603
May 8, 2019 at 8:12 PM Post #6,259 of 23,603
May 8, 2019 at 10:29 PM Post #6,261 of 23,603
obviously i risk raising expectations and i'm just another justifying consumer. for what it is worth though i thought i would give the r4 cable a go with the u18t (which are relatively new to me). so i'm listening to the r4 cable with the U18t's for the first time. i'm listening to The Twerps on an AAC file. It is like God is doing EQ. High stuff sounds full but not shrill. There is lots of space and alot of height. it never gets confused or non-musical. on the contrary, everything is very natural and bass clarity and tone is really excellent. but i reckon one could say all of that about the 1950s too. the difference for me is that when i plug in the r4 i have to turn the source up a bit, as if everything just got muted by the cable a bit. then i turn the source up and its like the r4 warms up with extra juice and swings into action acting like this perfect gate for sound. mixing all sounds to make the best of them individually and collectively also. i think some of this stuff is hard to describe but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. all i know is that listening to the r4 is very pleasant and i never get a claustrophobic feeling like i do with other cables. instead it almost gets better the more time i spend with it. i assume this is as my brain gets used to things (r4 is occasional due to ergo. for this reason i got another set of iem (u18t), thought i could leave one set attached to r4 for home use. (problem is i don't think i want to listen to trio again after hearing u18t!)
God wouldn’t need to EQ . It would be perfect flat... JK sort of....

May 9, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #6,262 of 23,603
Animals as leaders are amazing

Like Rush on steroids

If you have not heard Cafo, please do

What Matt gets out of that minimal drum kit is mind blowing
Was listening with my earbuds (Lyra Collection) yesterday straight from my MacBook, but switched to the U12t with Plenue 2 as a USB DAC for Cafo... :astonished: Those are some delicious sounds, amazing!

May 9, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #6,263 of 23,603
Was listening with my earbuds (Lyra Collection) yesterday straight from my MacBook, but switched to the U12t with Plenue 2 as a USB DAC for Cafo... :astonished: Those are some delicious sounds, amazing!
CAFO is a great song. Another one of my favorites of theirs is Para Mexer off The Joy of Motion album.

May 9, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #6,264 of 23,603
Got my U18t yesterday after 4 years with the U12's. I see a lot of people here have Audio Effects after market cables. Is there a certain synergy with 1964 and AE or is it just the top rated cable? I am using a aftermarket 6litz silver cable and I am wondering if I am missing out on something special by not splurging.

May 9, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #6,265 of 23,603
Got my U18t yesterday after 4 years with the U12's. I see a lot of people here have Audio Effects after market cables. Is there a certain synergy with 1964 and AE or is it just the top rated cable? I am using a aftermarket 6litz silver cable and I am wondering if I am missing out on something special by not splurging.
Curious on this too. Just got my A12T with the premium cable.

May 9, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #6,267 of 23,603
Where can I see ratings for the cables ?

May 9, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #6,268 of 23,603
Where can I see ratings for the cables ?

I don't know.

I am inferring it is a top ranked by the amount of people here who have it in their signature.

May 9, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #6,269 of 23,603
It partly has to do with the fact that Effect Audio is currently one of the most popular manufacturers of aftermarket cables, as there are others with equally good cables such as PlusSound, PW Audio, HanSound Audio, etc.

The results are a matter of synergy with the IEMs and the source, personal preferences, and in general how much the small improvements are worth it to you personally. I really enjoy tinkering around with cables, but I have plenty lying around and often have friends sending me cables to try out, so it is easy for me.

May 9, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #6,270 of 23,603
It partly has to do with the fact that Effect Audio is currently one of the most popular manufacturers of aftermarket cables, as there are others with equally good cables such as PlusSound, PW Audio, HanSound Audio, etc.

I have been a fan of aftermarket cables since kimber introduced it's PBJ 25 years ago. I currently own a few IEM's cables ; Plussound X6, PlusSound Poetic series and Triton 6litz silver. I ordered the Effect Audio Leo II but after getting my amex bill and with my Cowon PL still for sale (shameless plug), I am thinking of returning it as I am finding it hard to justify keeping it. Although it has Palladium in it ...YMMV... I'd love to crack open the sealed case and give it a whirl but I would probably be unable to return it than :spy:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back