The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 14, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #6,301 of 23,608
Thank you for sharing the impression! Have ordered a set of Atom-XL to play around with my A12t too... shipment is en-route. Would be interesting to hear how these Atom-XL modules fare vs the stock Apex, in particular the -17db Atom which seems to hit 'gold' between air and bass.

Just placed an order for the DITA OSLO for my A18t. I also received my FIR Audio Atom XL modules, I found the -13 dB one to be too light on the bass, didn’t bother trying the -15 module as I assumed it was the same as the one 64 audio provides. I really enjoy where the -17db (gold) module sits in terms of the audio spectrum. Seems slightly more airy than the M20 without really giving a hit to the lower end.

Last edited:
May 15, 2019 at 2:19 AM Post #6,302 of 23,608
I sent my custom IEM for the 2nd time for adjustment. The refit department is pretty quick in the turnaround though. It takes them several days to send it back after receiving them.

I hope the second time is magical. I hate sending it back and forth through...but I rather live with a comfortable fit than aching pain after 10 minutes of use.

May 15, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #6,303 of 23,608
I sent my custom IEM for the 2nd time for adjustment. The refit department is pretty quick in the turnaround though. It takes them several days to send it back after receiving them.

I hope the second time is magical. I hate sending it back and forth through...but I rather live with a comfortable fit than aching pain after 10 minutes of use.

I just sent a pair back that wasn't sealing on one ear, hoping that I don't have to send it back a 2nd time, I took precaution and sent a new mold with it.

May 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #6,304 of 23,608
Hi there!

I just ordered the A18 and I’m wondering what DAC to get... I’ll be using it with Tidal MQA, and so far my first choice is the RME ADI 2 DAC (amazing features, no hiss). I absolutely hate any kind of hiss so something along the lines of a Mojo is out of question, have one and hate it

EDIT: Currently using my Andromeda S with an AK SR15, and I’m super happy with it all in all, but it just doesn’t have that wow factor as the RME for example

Thanks! :)

May 15, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #6,305 of 23,608

Curious. Did you go with the 3-d fit option or did you choose something a bit more fancy for the design?

May 15, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #6,306 of 23,608
Curious. Did you go with the 3-d fit option or did you choose something a bit more fancy for the design?

My design was one of their default design...no custom design. I sent my impression..and I believe their 3-D fit was standard on all orders. Not sure if mine was in a rush to meet the 3 weeks turnaround. I just pray it fits fine this time around because the shipping costs back to them can add up.

May 15, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #6,307 of 23,608
I just sent a pair back that wasn't sealing on one ear, hoping that I don't have to send it back a 2nd time, I took precaution and sent a new mold with it.

that sucks...I had issue with the cymba area. I couldn't wear it for more than 5 minutes for the first time. The last adjustment helped a little bit but I still felt the pain. Wearing an airpod felt like heaven with no pain at the cymba hahaha. So I do hope it will be the last time I send it back to them. I wish they are located around the corner from me...it would have been much easier to get them adjusted.

May 15, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #6,308 of 23,608
Now I curious about right fit as this is my first CIEM. in what mouth movement condition is acceptable to lose sealing?

May 16, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #6,309 of 23,608
Now I curious about right fit as this is my first CIEM. in what mouth movement condition is acceptable to lose sealing?

When I open my jaw abnormally far I lose seal, apart from that, I can talk/sing and not lose seal. It will very person to person though due to facial structure and such.

May 16, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #6,310 of 23,608
How is 64 Audio’s customer service? My perception is that it is good.

May 16, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #6,312 of 23,608
Top notch.

Thanks. I am using customer service as a way to reduce the IEMs I will evaluate for purchase, so the U12t is still on my list along with some from other companies. I will get a custom once I make a decision.

May 16, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #6,313 of 23,608
How is 64 Audio’s customer service? My perception is that it is good.

If this helps - the only company who’s service I’ve absolutely hated is that of oBravo, loved Noble, CA and 64audio. I have IEMs from all three and can vouch from them.

May 16, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #6,314 of 23,608
Received my DITA OSLO this afternoon. Have about 2 hours or so on it so far. I am VERY impressed. Using it with my A18t, nice expansive soundstage and it fits the signature I was aiming for quite well. Nice sparkly treble and a large expansive sounds stage, plenty of air.

May 16, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #6,315 of 23,608
If this helps - the only company who’s service I’ve absolutely hated is that of oBravo, loved Noble, CA and 64audio. I have IEMs from all three and can vouch from them.

Thanks. The other three are not on my list and I will not publish my other two on this thread to prevent company bashing on a competitor's thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back