The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 16, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #6,317 of 23,603
When y all don`t get a proper fit, uncomfortable, etc, where does the error lay?

Not to turn it into a blame fest at all,i am just curious

Was there an error by the audiologist in making an impression ? or how the mould was made by the CIEM manufacturer?

Is it the customers responsibility for all shipping expenses both ways? And does the manufacturer Ie 64 audio charge a fee to re adjust?

May 16, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #6,318 of 23,603
Top notch.

Literally took the words out of my mouth.

I've dealt with a handful of companies and own IEMs from a bunch of them.

64A is definitely at the very top.

In fact, their service is some of the best I've ever received from any company...period.

And the A18t is a truly astounding product.

May 16, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #6,319 of 23,603
I think the A12t would work for me, but am wondering about it’s isolation on airplanes since it is not 26 dBs like non vented.

May 16, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #6,320 of 23,603
I have had several SilverFi cables on loan and I fully agree. They sound amazing but the ergonomics really need to be improved, especially at their price point.

I had the R5 over recently and it looked like this (both the R4 and R5 are 12-wire cables):
that's insane

May 16, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #6,321 of 23,603
Isolation of custom 64audio iems (any "A" iem) is fantastic, @mwhals.

The 3d printing does a lot to provide an accurate and form-fitting monitor...not every company has that.

The most important thing is to get a proper mold taken by a trustworthy audiologist. 64A has a list on their website...i'd recommend starting there.

May 16, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #6,322 of 23,603
My A18 are supreme. They leave me wanting nothing. That said, I always love to hear what else is out there.

If you love music and audio gear, why would you not listen to other stuff, especially when it's right in front of you?

Worst case, you like the z1r more than the trio, and you sell the trio if you must sell one.

Where's the bad in that?
The Audio64 stuff is SO BRIGHT. Ain't it tho?

May 16, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #6,323 of 23,603
the A18 probably has the best treble presentation i've ever heard from any audio device. it also has the best overall and complete neutral sound presentation i've heard from an iem.

i've previously said that there are only two reasons i can think of why someone would dislike the A18 specifically. You either have:

1) a preference for dynamic driver bass

2) or are too sensitive to high frequencies

the high frequencies of tia are absolutely amazing. what is so amazing is the combination of air, detail, and smoothness...unless you are too sensitive.

Last edited:
May 16, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #6,325 of 23,603
I chased for better than a decade or so in this hobby, my preferred sound signature. After owning some of the better desktop setup, I took a big chance with 64audio A18t custom, my first ever and was rewarded. Toaster22 mentions how great the treble presentation is and how excellent the Tia drivers are. They are Uber detailed, airy and never sibilant. I love the A18.

May 17, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #6,326 of 23,603
the A18 probably has the best treble presentation i've ever heard from any audio device. it also has the best overall and complete neutral sound presentation i've heard from an iem.

i've previously said that there are only two reasons i can think of why someone would dislike the A18 specifically. You either have:

1) a preference for dynamic driver bass

2) or are too sensitive to high frequencies

the high frequencies of tia are absolutely amazing. what is so amazing is the combination of air, detail, and smoothness...unless you are too sensitive.
did you described myself there? haha

Even though I love the A12T sound. Also love the Z1R sound. for different reasons and music mood on both.

May 17, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #6,327 of 23,603
that's insane
Yep! You won't get any argument from me there. It is a very niche cable and for me it just went a step (or two) too far. Sometimes I get to try stuff that I really love and reluctantly send back to its rightful owner, but this one I hardly used and sent back quite quickly. A world apart from the ergonomic delight that is the PlusSound X-Series.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #6,328 of 23,603
Thanks. The other three are not on my list and I will not publish my other two on this thread to prevent company bashing on a competitor's thread.
There’s no such thing as monogamy in the audiophile world, most of us own multiple brands too ^^

May 17, 2019 at 4:21 AM Post #6,329 of 23,603
When y all don`t get a proper fit, uncomfortable, etc, where does the error lay?

Was there an error by the audiologist in making an impression ? or how the mould was made by the CIEM manufacturer?

Is it the customers responsibility for all shipping expenses both ways? And does the manufacturer Ie 64 audio charge a fee to re adjust?

What's the specific issue you're facing?

May 17, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #6,330 of 23,603

From my experience the main source of imperfect fit is the impression. When you're having them taken you should be in the position that you normally are when listening to music - for me for example that is head leaning slightly forward, mouth closed but teeth not touching - when I was getting my moulds for the A18 I followed that and the fit was great. Their 3D printing tech is really really advanced and I'd assume that wouldn't cause mistakes except for some really odd cases maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back