The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 18, 2019 at 12:52 AM Post #6,346 of 23,560
When I open my jaw abnormally far I lose seal, apart from that, I can talk/sing and not lose seal. It will very person to person though due to facial structure and such.
Thanks mate, I'm losing seal when "smiling" and when doing something like scream a big "argh".

May 18, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #6,348 of 23,560
From dita. Message them on Facebook and they’ll tell you how to do it, or I’m sure they have a contact email on their website. $599 USD shipped (took 2 days to get to the states from Singapore)

Musicteck now carries Oslo cables as well.

May 20, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #6,349 of 23,560
Does anyone here uses the 64 Audio cable with microphone? Would like to know how if the microphone is any good for office use. (doesn't get too much background noise).

May 21, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #6,353 of 23,560
I miss the days of "sensibly" priced iems :frowning2:
There’s plenty of more sensible options from Noble, Campfire etc..

64audio is pretty much top of the top, and they have some of the best sounding IEMs, but you’re also paying for the brand, the exclusivity is part of the package

May 21, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #6,354 of 23,560
What are the available apex modules for the U18t and what will they do to the sound ? I am getting such a great sound stage that I've only experienced from Uber priced systems :L3000::L3000:. Instruments are in a pin point place but you hear the air in between instruments giving it a cohesive feel more like a live experience.

I want to try a bit more low end and maybe a tad less treble. :beerchug: Thanks

May 21, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #6,355 of 23,560
What are the available apex modules for the U18t and what will they do to the sound ? I am getting such a great sound stage that I've only experienced from Uber priced systems :L3000::L3000:. Instruments are in a pin point place but you hear the air in between instruments giving it a cohesive feel more like a live experience.

I want to try a bit more low end and maybe a tad less treble. :beerchug: Thanks

Sounds like M20 is for you, or the FIR audio gold module does the same but it’s 17 dB isolation and not 20, so not as much bass

May 21, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #6,356 of 23,560
How does A18T sound compared to JHA Layla? I like Layla, but I would like to try something that adjusts pressure in the ear. Layla sounds great, but when I'm walking around if I move my ear sometimes I get some popping sounds from the seal breaking/pressure adjusting. Then when I'm conscious about the sound defect my ears move around even more. I've been back and forth several times with JHA. The fit is good, I just think that's a limitation of the tech.

How do I demo U18 without buying a new one and returning to get a A18t? Do they have a demo program for head-fi'ers?

May 21, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #6,357 of 23,560
How does A18T sound compared to JHA Layla? I like Layla, but I would like to try something that adjusts pressure in the ear. Layla sounds great, but when I'm walking around if I move my ear sometimes I get some popping sounds from the seal breaking/pressure adjusting. Then when I'm conscious about the sound defect my ears move around even more. I've been back and forth several times with JHA. The fit is good, I just think that's a limitation of the tech.

How do I demo U18 without buying a new one and returning to get a A18t? Do they have a demo program for head-fi'ers?

Yep contact 64 audio. They’ll require a 50% deposit and you pay for shipping and get to demo it for 5 days I think. Very good program and well worth it.

May 21, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #6,358 of 23,560
Sounds like M20 is for you, or the FIR audio gold module does the same but it’s 17 dB isolation and not 20, so not as much bass

Thanks!!!!

Order placed

May 21, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #6,359 of 23,560
Yep contact 64 audio. They’ll require a 50% deposit and you pay for shipping and get to demo it for 5 days I think. Very good program and well worth it.

I am trying to get a U12t to evaluate, but the loaners are booked out up to 6 months. Empire Ears will send me a Phantom and Legend X by the end of this week and JH Audio has mailed four IEMs today to evaluate.

May 21, 2019 at 4:19 PM Post #6,360 of 23,560

The A18t is just that much better because of the tia driver for the highs . Lows and mids of the two (Layla and A18t) are pretty identical . That is to say flat and reference sounding . The highs of the A18t are holographic with added source point accuracy. This is an effect usually reserved for higher end speaker systems with equally high end source . Nothing wrong at all with JH Layla but if chasing that dancing in mid air kind of performance the a12 and A18t are the only iems I have heard that deliver at that level. I made a point of spending a day at can jam demoing everyone’s wares with my trusty AK 380 and Chord Hugo 2 as source . After 6 hours of concerted volume matched evaluation the A18 came out on top . Bought the 12 on the spot and upgraded to the 18 . End game for me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back