The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 12, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #946 of 23,544
Its definitely a great place with nice people although my wallet really hated it hahaha....if I'm not able to find PW Audio cables to demo here in Hong Kong then I'll probably have to wait until I go to Tokyo in October. Seems like most shops here sell Effect Audio and Labkable cables.
Just let me reply in Chinese, 星際1/2/3 樓都有:L3000:

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #947 of 23,544
Just let me reply in Chinese, 星際1/2/3 樓都有:L3000:
Thanks, I'll go have a look, perhaps tomorrow. I usually go to Wanchai Computer Centre since I live and work in Wanchai. :grin:

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #948 of 23,544
There are three shops in Hong Kong where anyone can demo every cable PW Audio makes. You can sit 6 hrs non stop demoing cables.
Thanks.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #949 of 23,544
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #950 of 23,544
First of all thanks to all those who have responded to my post. In regards to tip rolling, I've actually tried comply and never really liked them as I found that although they do make the treble less peaky and increases the bass, they make the overall sound of the iem a little too muffled and 'dead' if that makes any sense. I've also tried spinfits and spiral dots but found they don't sound as 'airy' as the ortofons. The reason I was asking for cable recommendations was because when I switch back to the original cable, I find them to have the kind of sound similar to what I was looking for. However I kept missing the slightly better sound stage and minute details that the 1960 provides...
Then try ortofon 'L' size first. I own both 'M' and 'L' and I found that 'L' size has less peak treble (just a bit). Hardly to say that Ortofon's increases sharp and peaky treble. Sometime I think because ortofon's brings the most pure sound among eartips whereas other eartip has some technique to cut off those sharp treble and I also hear same as you that other eartip sounds not clear as ortofon's.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #951 of 23,544
I prefer Spinfits with the Fourte (have tried Ortofon, Sony hybrids, JVC spiral dots, Comply, the 64 audio ones, Noble, and probably some other randoms).

I just tried out my 1960's 2 wire with my Fourte (Fourte at about 150 hours burn in). It does sound very good and very different to the stock cable. To my ears the 1960's 2 wire is much much smoother so if things are a little hot with other cables then it should fix that. The 1960's has a much wider soundstage than stock which is really awesome.it also sounds very realistic with a nice realistic timbre. BUT to me everything is too smoothed out and relaxed, and the bass is far less textured and to me doesn't go as deep as the stock cable. I find the bass is far more satisfying with the stock cable, so for now I will stick with that over the 1960's. To me the bass is the star of this iem. I really would love the stage with the stock cable to be bigger, but alas I can't have it all.

I would love to know how the Fourte sounds with the Dita Truth silver cable.I dream that it is like the stock cable but with bigger stage, I cannot audition it here in Oz and feel uncomfortable rolling the dice blind on it.

Jul 13, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #952 of 23,544
On other matters I am finding the Apex module in the Tia Fourte significantly less effective at reducing pressure than the B1 Adel module in my Zeus.

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #953 of 23,544
I've had my Tia Fourte for a bit over a week now but still find the treble a bit shrill / sibilant and the bass a bit lean at times. Currently driving them with a Sony WM1Z (balanced), using a PW Audio 1960 (4 wire) cable and ortofon silicon tips. Have finally resorted to using eq where I boost the bass (mainly 62hz and a bit of 125hz) and the mids (mainly 2k with a bit of 1k and 4k) to get the sound closer to where I like. However I would really appreciate any cable recommendations that may help in getting the sound closer to what I like without having to resort to using eq on the dap.
As you are in HK, another cable you can try is the plusSound Gold-Plated Copper (8-braid). It's not as warm as 1960 2-wire, but it is pleasantly warm, smooth and will add some body in the midrange where you are EQ-ing.

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #954 of 23,544
I prefer Spinfits with the Fourte (have tried Ortofon, Sony hybrids, JVC spiral dots, Comply, the 64 audio ones, Noble, and probably some other randoms).

I just tried out my 1960's 2 wire with my Fourte (Fourte at about 150 hours burn in). It does sound very good and very different to the stock cable. To my ears the 1960's 2 wire is much much smoother so if things are a little hot with other cables then it should fix that. The 1960's has a much wider soundstage than stock which is really awesome.it also sounds very realistic with a nice realistic timbre. BUT to me everything is too smoothed out and relaxed, and the bass is far less textured and to me doesn't go as deep as the stock cable. I find the bass is far more satisfying with the stock cable, so for now I will stick with that over the 1960's. To me the bass is the star of this iem. I really would love the stage with the stock cable to be bigger, but alas I can't have it all.

I would love to know how the Fourte sounds with the Dita Truth silver cable.I dream that it is like the stock cable but with bigger stage, I cannot audition it here in Oz and feel uncomfortable rolling the dice blind on it.

Do you have access to 1960 4wire for comparison? But regardless, I find 2wire version to have an excellent pair up with Fourte, much better to my ears than 4wire version which reduces the bass quantity and makes upper frequencies brighter.

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #955 of 23,544
Then try ortofon 'L' size first. I own both 'M' and 'L' and I found that 'L' size has less peak treble (just a bit). Hardly to say that Ortofon's increases sharp and peaky treble. Sometime I think because ortofon's brings the most pure sound among eartips whereas other eartip has some technique to cut off those sharp treble and I also hear same as you that other eartip sounds not clear as ortofon's.
I'm actually using the L size as I find that the M size doesn't give me as good a seal and your thoughts on them are actually very similar to mine. :D

Jul 13, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #956 of 23,544
As you are in HK, another cable you can try is the plusSound Gold-Plated Copper (8-braid). It's not as warm as 1960 2-wire, but it is pleasantly warm, smooth and will add some body in the midrange where you are EQ-ing.
Thanks, will definitely give them a try.

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #957 of 23,544
I had the chance to try out the Chord Hugo 2 paired with my Tia Fourtes (which I love) this past weekend. I was not impressed with the Hugo 2. Chord's sound has always been too laid back for me. I've owned the Mojo, Hugo, and even demoed the Dave and have never been wowed. I still prefer my DragonFly Red + Jitterbug + Audirvana paired with the Fourte.

I then demoed the Audeze LCDi4 - also not impressed. The Fourtes blow them out of the water in terms of musical engagement.

I just placed an order for the A&K SP1000 so I'm hoping that the pairing will be out of this world. Will report in once I get them and have had a chance to listen to my favorite tracks.

Jul 17, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #958 of 23,544
I had the chance to try out the Chord Hugo 2 paired with my Tia Fourtes (which I love) this past weekend. I was not impressed with the Hugo 2. Chord's sound has always been too laid back for me. I've owned the Mojo, Hugo, and even demoed the Dave and have never been wowed. I still prefer my DragonFly Red + Jitterbug + Audirvana paired with the Fourte.

I then demoed the Audeze LCDi4 - also not impressed. The Fourtes blow them out of the water in terms of musical engagement.

I just placed an order for the A&K SP1000 so I'm hoping that the pairing will be out of this world. Will report in once I get them and have had a chance to listen to my favorite tracks.
I strongly considered the LCDi4, Audeze seems to have too many QC problems. I'm glad to hear you say this and glad I went with the Forte.

Jul 17, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #959 of 23,544

Did you demo that AK dap ? You going by looks?

Jul 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #960 of 23,544

Did you demo that AK dap ? You going by looks?

"Did you demo that AK dap? You going by looks?" X2

Being absolutely spoilt by the Sony siblings my reaction when I sat down and tried the SP1000 somehow resembles yours when trying the LCDi4.................(tried it with my U18, the shop's demo Fourte, demo PP8 and my own MH335)

But of cos YMMV so hope you like the combo~

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back