The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 18, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #961 of 23,544
Did you demo that AK dap ? You going by looks?
I haven't heard it but one of my friends did and he said it sounded amazing - he didn't try it with the Fourte though. There's no place to demo it so I just bought it to give it a shot.

"Did you demo that AK dap? You going by looks?" X2

Being absolutely spoilt by the Sony siblings my reaction when I sat down and tried the SP1000 somehow resembles yours when trying the LCDi4.................(tried it with my U18, the shop's demo Fourte, demo PP8 and my own MH335)

But of cos YMMV so hope you like the combo~
Haven't demoed it - couldn't find a place to do so. I'm going in totally blind. I only use Tidal and since the AK has built in Tidal support, I thought I'd give it a shot. Which Sony did you demo that blew you away? If the sound is leagues above the SP1000, I might purchase it based on your recommendation and find a way to get by without Tidal.

Jul 18, 2017 at 3:58 AM Post #962 of 23,544
I think Fuerte should be great with new AK, maybe as well as A12, but for A18 I prefer 1Z. and for 1Z I think I prefer A18. I think this is combo of my portable dream - 1z - DHC cable + A18. Actually never listened it - I listened 1Z with my K10 and Angie and some other shop earphones, and I listened A18 with Hugo and a little with 1A, but I believe they shoud have great sinergy. And Fourte should have it with sp1k, I believe. wonderful and very special earphones which need more dynamic and resolving player.

Jul 18, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #963 of 23,544
I prefer Spinfits with the Fourte (have tried Ortofon, Sony hybrids, JVC spiral dots, Comply, the 64 audio ones, Noble, and probably some other randoms).

I just tried out my 1960's 2 wire with my Fourte (Fourte at about 150 hours burn in). It does sound very good and very different to the stock cable. To my ears the 1960's 2 wire is much much smoother so if things are a little hot with other cables then it should fix that. The 1960's has a much wider soundstage than stock which is really awesome.it also sounds very realistic with a nice realistic timbre. BUT to me everything is too smoothed out and relaxed, and the bass is far less textured and to me doesn't go as deep as the stock cable. I find the bass is far more satisfying with the stock cable, so for now I will stick with that over the 1960's. To me the bass is the star of this iem. I really would love the stage with the stock cable to be bigger, but alas I can't have it all.

I would love to know how the Fourte sounds with the Dita Truth silver cable.I dream that it is like the stock cable but with bigger stage, I cannot audition it here in Oz and feel uncomfortable rolling the dice blind on it.

I love it with the truth cable, it's not just the bigger soundstage, the resolution, imaging and transparency go up a notch. More importantly, it sounds huge and authoritative. The bass becomes powerful yet tight, and it just sounds really really huge.

Jul 18, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #964 of 23,544
I love it with the truth cable, it's not just the bigger soundstage, the resolution, imaging and transparency go up a notch. More importantly, it sounds huge and authoritative. The bass becomes powerful yet tight, and it just sounds really really huge.

Thanks for your reply. Please confirm that that is with the Fourte, and whether you are using the silver or copper Truth. Bonus points if you can provide any description re copper truth + Fourte vs Silver Truth + Fourte.

Many thanks - I just cannot demo them in Australia.

Jul 18, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #965 of 23,544

Thanks for your reply. Please confirm that that is with the Fourte, and whether you are using the silver or copper Truth. Bonus points if you can provide any description re copper truth + Fourte vs Silver Truth + Fourte.

Many thanks - I just cannot demo them in Australia.

I'd also love to see more impression of the U18/Fourte with the copper Truth cable. Never liked it too much with other iems (when compared to my own silver Truth) but wonder how it'd fare with the 18s.

Jul 18, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #966 of 23,544
The copper truth is a tad more intimate, it has what you would like in a copper cable, some more warmth and musicality, with a smoother Top, yet it remains remarkably resolving nonetheless.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Jul 20, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #968 of 23,544
Interesting News on the 64 Audio Blog

Fair use snippet:
"VANCOUVER, WA, July 20, 2017 – 64 Audio (formerly 1964 Ears) is pleased to announce that on July 19, 2017, the U.S. Patent Trial & Appeal Board (PTAB) ruled in favor of 64 Audio, finding all claims of U.S. Patent No. 8,897,463, held by Jerry Harvey Audio Holdings (JH Audio), unpatentable."

http://www.64audio.com/blog/victory-patent-office/

Though I have no legal expertise, after reading the patent it seems to me the US Patent Office clearly got it right with this ruling. I imagine most all other CIEM manufacturers are relieved by this news as well.

Jul 21, 2017 at 9:40 AM Post #970 of 23,544
I listened to the Fourte balanced via Truth Copper with the WM1Z at Canjam. The Fourte definitely pairs better with the WM1Z than AK380cu, with the A18 it comes down to preference (I prefer the AK, but vocals are nicer with the Sony).

I am a bigger fan of the Truth Copper than the SPC but I generally don't like the typical SPC tone, it's my least favourite type of wire. However, the cable that that comes standard with the A18/Fourte seems quite good, need to test it with some other iems sometime to get a better feel. But compared to the Truth SPC, the Copper has a tighter bass, which creates a more spacious stage, and also has smoother top end than the SPC. I prefer its timbre over the SPC, but I can understand others preferring the SPC for different reasons.

Jul 22, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #972 of 23,544
Finally found out what my problem was...apparently the polarity of the sockets in the Tia Fourtes were opposite to my other iems. Therefore my initial impressions were based on the out of phase sound that was coming out of them. However after I made this discovery, I found that the bass was a bit too thick with the 1960 cable so I went out last week to try out a bunch of different cables. Finally ended up with the Brise Audio UPG Ref and enjoying them immensely so far.

Jul 23, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #973 of 23,544
I listened to the Fourte balanced via Truth Copper with the WM1Z at Canjam. The Fourte definitely pairs better with the WM1Z than AK380cu, with the A18 it comes down to preference (I prefer the AK, but vocals are nicer with the Sony).

I am a bigger fan of the Truth Copper than the SPC but I generally don't like the typical SPC tone, it's my least favourite type of wire. However, the cable that that comes standard with the A18/Fourte seems quite good, need to test it with some other iems sometime to get a better feel. But compared to the Truth SPC, the Copper has a tighter bass, which creates a more spacious stage, and also has smoother top end than the SPC. I prefer its timbre over the SPC, but I can understand others preferring the SPC for different reasons.

I think the Truth Copper is Copper-plated-3T and the Truth Silver is Silver-plated-3T? From the documentaries neither of those should be copper based as 3T is a carbon based alloy with no copper, silver or gold.

Jul 24, 2017 at 1:20 AM Post #974 of 23,544
Anyone with inputs on hugo 2 with fourte
No input on the Fourte, but my A18 sings on the Hugo2. In fact, all the CIEMs that I had on hand sounded great on the Hugo2. Only a guess, but the Hugo2 would be an obvious for the Fourte' given its clarity and power.

Jul 24, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #975 of 23,544
I think the Truth Copper is Copper-plated-3T and the Truth Silver is Silver-plated-3T? From the documentaries neither of those should be copper based as 3T is a carbon based alloy with no copper, silver or gold.
The Truth cables are based on 3T technology, but it was not possible to exclusively use that tech for an iem cable based on the required pliability and ergonomics. So it is still based on a metal alloy, either pure copper for the Truth Copper or silver-plated copper for the Truth 'Silver'. I don't know how 3T is implemented, but there is a metal base for the iem cables.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back