The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
Jul 3, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #6,841 of 23,646
i cannot believe i am going to say this but.....right now the fourte's seem better than the z1r..... individual aspects of the z1r are just joyfully amazing but there are coherence issues.... the tia fourte doesnt seem to have any right now.....wow

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:31 PM Post #6,844 of 23,646
If nothing sounds wrong to you don’t try to pick out flaws based on what other people say, just enjoy them.
yeah i am just sitting back and enjoying as we speak...... as of right now, these are totally keepers.

Jul 3, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #6,845 of 23,646
ive listened to enough iems to stop throwing around phrases like 'best iem ive ever heard' although that still belongs to the lcdi4 :wink: , but these fourtes.... wow.... wowowwowoow..... hahahaha anyone who has the fourtes, i suggest listening to digital love by daft punk... that guitar solo or whatever it is just sounds so real its unreal

Jul 3, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #6,847 of 23,646
You're not alone. I tried to like it as well. Ended up with Trio and couldn't be happier.
Post your impressions of the differences and similarities, please? All due respect to twister6, I like collecting opinions.

The Trio is honestly exceptional and one of the most overlooked IEMs out there imo. Highly considering getting one at the Canjam London this year
Post your impressions of the differences and similarities, please? All due respect to twister6, I like collecting opinions.

I covered a lot of this comparison a few years ago here.
Thanks for that link, twister6, good reading, even the second time. Your thoughts about U12t and trio bass didn't jive with my expectations. I was expecting to hear that that trio goes deeper with more kick on account of its dynamic driver. I was hoping to hear that 64Audio had a cure for the challenge in integrating dynamic and balanced armature drivers-- the coherence of the U12t is one of my favorite aspects of that IEM. I was happy to hear that the trio has a little more bite at the top end as compared to the U12t to your ears.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #6,848 of 23,646
Impressions getting made on Friday for whatever I order.

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #6,850 of 23,646
LOL what if want trio or fourte? Then you don't need impressions.

I liked the U12t better than the Trio and the Fourte description does not match my preferred sound signature, plus it is $1400 more than the highest priced IEM I am getting. Technically, I can get universals for any of the customs I plan to get.

Jul 3, 2019 at 6:13 PM Post #6,851 of 23,646
I actually sent back my u12t for the fourte. Just got my fourte an hour ago. If you read back, I was totally preparing to sell the fourte due to the reviews I read. Now I'm thinking the fourte is one of the best iem I've ever heard. I would definitely pick the fourte over u12t although it certainly isn't 1600$ better.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #6,853 of 23,646
Jul 3, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #6,854 of 23,646
after using the fourtes for several hours today and walked around outside with them for an hour, i am in love with these. these are head and shoulders above all the rest except the i4 :wink:

only two reasons i can think of that people talk them down is 1) people get bored and want to hear technicalities aka true audiophile and 2) people can't afford them so they talk them down aka sour grapes

man, i am in love. these are hands down better than the u12t's. probably the best hybrid on the market, maybe the best closed iem in the world.

edit: i was planning on selling these as soon as i got them due to the horrific reviews. i would've even kept them if they were decent. i wouldve kept them even if they werent better than my ue18+ and z1r but provided something special enough. but they not only provided something special, they 'blew the roof open' and easily surpassed my 'endgame' iems. now i have learned finally that there is no such thing as an endgame iem. except the i4:wink:

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #6,855 of 23,646
Of the ones that have the A18t as their favourite in the 64 lineup - have you listened to the Noble Katana? I've read like a dozen reviews on them and they say the Katana comes very close to the 18 in terms of sound signature, with a somewhat smaller soundstage. The mids are leaning further forward too, which I would appreciate

I have the chance to get a pretty good deal on them, and will most likely be going for it as a replacement to my A18t as a daily driver (aluminium shells, more durable), while I'll keep the 18 as more of a, next level music experience when I can really listen to the music and not have to focus on anything else

I'm just curious to hear any impressions/thoughts you might have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back