The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread
Jan 20, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #466 of 754
                          A practice set in some scrap Walnut before Clinton does my cups in Bubinga; www.amazonexotichardwoods.com/TB-BUB/T34-663.html for Beyerdynamic black velour pads
tongue.gif

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #468 of 754
A big Thank You to; wje, JoeDoe, 7keys, and Head-Fi.org/Forums for the Infamous SennGrados.

The three of you made me want a set of my own.
L3000.gif

Thank You!!!

My new SennGrado Cups.

Thank You to; Clinton Eash: thank you for all the time and effort that you put into the ART you made for me.

~D

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #469 of 754
Just something funny:

I take my G-cushi ZennJazzGrado headphones everywhere these days. Today I was at one of the last dedicated music stores in Amsterdam. The thing is, they have a counter where you can listen to CDs before you buy them, but the headphones hanging there are worn out Sony POS headphones. As I was buying remasters of music I already had, I wanted to hear whether the remasters actually improved on the sound quality or detracted (like some Genesis remasters that seemed to have been done by a 15-year old). So I ask the guy if I can listen to the CDs using my ZennJazzGrado.

Guy's eyes get big when I unpack the ZJG and as I listen, I offer them to him so he can hear the sound quality. We get to talking, and I asked him why they used the POS Sony headphones. One of the few advantages you have as a store is that people can hear the music over quality equipment. If you can't offer them something like that, why would people go to the store and not just order the CDs from Amazon?

He thought my idea of an audiophile corner where people can listen to music on quality headphones (like the Grado and Sennheiser headphones they sell there too) actually makes a lot of sense, both in attracting people to the store, but also to sell both CDs and headphones.

He took my business card and promised to talk to his boss, to see if we can work together. Would be a cool job to set up and manage the audiophile corner at one of the oldest record stores in Amsterdam...

gs1000.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #470 of 754
  Just something funny:

I take my G-cushi ZennJazzGrado headphones everywhere these days. Today I was at one of the last dedicated music stores in Amsterdam. The thing is, they have a counter where you can listen to CDs before you buy them, but the headphones hanging there are worn out Sony POS headphones. As I was buying remasters of music I already had, I wanted to hear whether the remasters actually improved on the sound quality or detracted (like some Genesis remasters that seemed to have been done by a 15-year old). So I ask the guy if I can listen to the CDs using my ZennJazzGrado.

Guy's eyes get big when I unpack the ZJG and as I listen, I offer them to him so he can hear the sound quality. We get to talking, and I asked him why they used the POS Sony headphones. One of the few advantages you have as a store is that people can hear the music over quality equipment. If you can't offer them something like that, why would people go to the store and not just order the CDs from Amazon?

He thought my idea of an audiophile corner where people can listen to music on quality headphones (like the Grado and Sennheiser headphones they sell there too) actually makes a lot of sense, both in attracting people to the store, but also to sell both CDs and headphones.

He took my business card and promised to talk to his boss, to see if we can work together. Would be a cool job to set up and manage the audiophile corner at one of the oldest record stores in Amsterdam...

gs1000.gif

COOL!

Feb 8, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #471 of 754
We're getting kinda strapped for cash around here, so I'm looking into a variety of things that can make me some money, while still doing something I love. I've got three full-length books and four novellas out, but I'm hardly getting out of the red. My conflict resolution classes are only deemed necessary by the scarred broken denizens who've had first hand experiences at being powerless, And I'd really hate going back working as a security officer again. Being an audio advisor in a record story could be a neat job.

biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:22 AM Post #473 of 754
"make me some money"
If you want to sell your headphones i can help you out.:D

All the best.

~D

Send me a PM, tell me what you're interested in.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #475 of 754
Anyone think shure srh840 drivers will work? I'll know soon! I THINK, they're the sane size, I just liberated them and am going to dig through my closet to find my grado parts. Lets see....

Edit; never mind was way smaller. I'll have to make some inner sleeves and try it still

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #476 of 754
Anyone think shure srh840 drivers will work? I'll know soon! I THINK, they're the sane size, I just liberated them and am going to dig through my closet to find my grado parts. Lets see....

Edit; never mind was way smaller. I'll have to make some inner sleeves and try it still

DO IT! Anything to further the cause :)...

Someone sent me some KAM HP1 to tinker with for them...I suspect there are some kick-arse drivers in those things...

Mar 1, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #477 of 754
I'm just waiting on the limba to do it.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #479 of 754

Users who are viewing this thread

Back