The "non-Grado" Driver Grado Thread
Jun 7, 2014 at 1:50 PM Post #243 of 754
  Those are px100 II drivers with removed front plastic ring and they are build in rosewood ring :)

Nicely done...aside from the aesthetic improvement, anything audibly changed?

Jun 7, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #244 of 754
  Those are px100 II drivers with removed front plastic ring and they are build in rosewood ring :)

I was thinking of doing that myself. I thought if I sealed around the driver and sealed the hole for the driver it might increase the bass in a closed cup.  What kind of cup are you using?

Nicely done...aside from the aesthetic improvement, anything audibly changed?

Good question!

Jun 8, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #245 of 754
With some Danish oil.
I hope I get my Koss drivers this week, I'll be ready except cables.

I know some of you have some Grado cable sitting around , give them a nice home.
smile.gif

Jun 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #246 of 754
  With some Danish oil.
I hope I get my Koss drivers this week, I'll be ready except cables.

I know some of you have some Grado cable sitting around , give them a nice home.
smile.gif

I REALLY like the bottom pair with the black shading...nicely done. Sadly I am cable-less right now. My spares are in my "More Comfortable Grado" build, which should see a headband pad this week and the custom build I made for Jim...

On a few of my StratoKOSSter builds I used the stock KSC cable though...I think I have a few of those laying about. Let me know if you would like to use one of those...

Jun 9, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #248 of 754
Thanks Guys!

I REALLY like the bottom pair with the black shading...nicely done. Sadly I am cable-less right now. My spares are in my "More Comfortable Grado" build, which should see a headband pad this week and the custom build I made for Jim...

On a few of my StratoKOSSter builds I used the stock KSC cable though...I think I have a few of those laying about. Let me know if you would like to use one of those...

I't's Macassar ebony so nature did the shading for me. 
smile.gif
 I am going to put a couple f coats of Varathaneontop.

Thanks for the offer of the KSC cable.

I'll send a cable when the closed SGs go back

Thanks Joe.

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #249 of 754
Ok so I'm stuck in a dilemma, I liberated my Senn PX100-II drivers yesterday. However the plastic housing the protects the front of the drivers is just slightly too big for my Indonesian spralted tamarind cups. I'm trying to figure out which I should do some adjustments to, the cups or the plastic housing. I got in a cable I ordered, so once i get the drivers fitted into the cups, I should be able to solder the cable to the drivers and have my first set of SennGrado's up and running by this weekend, if all goes well. 

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #250 of 754
Ok so I'm stuck in a dilemma, I liberated my Senn PX100-II drivers yesterday. However the plastic housing the protects the front of the drivers is just slightly too big for my Indonesian spralted tamarind cups. I'm trying to figure out which I should do some adjustments to, the cups or the plastic housing. I got in a cable I ordered, so once i get the drivers fitted into the cups, I should be able to solder the cable to the drivers and have my first set of SennGrado's up and running by this weekend, if all goes well. 

How "too big" are they? I would sand the cup before I messed with the drivers...

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #251 of 754
Probably 1/16th to 1/32nd of an inch. I figured going the cup rout would be the best plan.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #252 of 754
Probably 1/16th to 1/32nd of an inch. I figured going the cup rout would be the best plan.

Yes, a piece of fine sandpaper and a little patience is what it will take :)

Jun 11, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #254 of 754
It's ALIVE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back