The NEW Sansa Clip+
Nov 15, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #106 of 154
hi everyone

spent the day converting/ripping mp3 for the clip+, one thing that i noticed is the clip+ only reads the mp3 tag info correctly if the file ONLY has id3v2.3 (i used UTF-8) tag info.. mp3tag can be used to remove v1 tags and overwrite any v2.4 with v2.3

Nov 15, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #107 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Get some Klipsch Image S4s, $79. Burn them in for 3-4 days and enjoy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mogeansai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the reviews in this forum, you'll be able to get a good pair of headphones to suit your pricerange.
Just don't buy skullcandy..

thanks for the replies.

would it be good enough if the setup is like this: clip+ > a good headphone ? or should i put something in between those two?

Nov 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #108 of 154
okay, I need to know which clip version is generally considered best for heavy metal? the warmer plus or the more detailed original? I don't care about possible firmware improvements or the sd card, all I care about is the sound.
I plan to use grado 225 for home use and a pk1 for gym use.

Nov 15, 2009 at 12:50 PM Post #109 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by Syahmi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the replies.

would it be good enough if the setup is like this: clip+ > a good headphone ? or should i put something in between those two?

The most important part of your setup are the headphones, a good amp would be useless with a bad pair of headphones.
In my opinion you're better off spending most of your budget on a good pair of headphones, you could always pick up a cheap amp (fiio e3/e5) to see if you do like the combination of an amp/headphones.
There is a lot of good tips in this thread -->http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bef...ewbies-419349/

Nov 15, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #111 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by citywithoutmetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay, I need to know which clip version is generally considered best for heavy metal? the warmer plus or the more detailed original? I don't care about possible firmware improvements or the sd card, all I care about is the sound.
I plan to use grado 225 for home use and a pk1 for gym use.

Difference isn't that much. Since I don't listen metal, can't help much beyond that. I just can't see buying the older Clip without the card slot, regardless of a small SQ difference.

Nov 21, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #114 of 154
I'm using my new clip+ to burn in my new headphones (HD650's).

The run time seems drastically reduced compared to my old clip.

Does anyone know if running these 300 ohm cans will drain the battery faster than the same volume output into simple earbuds?

It drains completely in about 7 hours, where with my old clip it went for a good 15+ hours into my ety's.

Thanks,

Timothy

Nov 29, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #117 of 154
I have problem with my Clip+. it just freeze on "refresh library" I've try reset and anything I can think of. nothing work >_<. there are post online suggesting that it might be bad file but all the musics in my memory card play fine on the computer. I am seriously pissed right now T_T.

Edit: Problem solve, it is not the MP3s that have problem or the player. it turn out I have too many other files in those folder and get Clip+ confused.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:51 AM Post #118 of 154
Hey guys,

I've been player-less ever since my samsung died and am looking for something to replace it. I'm considering the clip due to it's extremely affordable price and expansive memory. But I have a few questions.

1. How is navigating music on a clip? The OLED screen seems so small it looks as though it will take forever to scroll through music (I had problems navigating with my Samsung T10)

2. Will it be cheaper to say go for a 8GB clip, or is it cheaper to get a 4GB clip and just buy a SD card? (I'm not sure how much memory goes for nowadays)

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #119 of 154
^I own a Clip and found navigating to be pretty snappy, even without having a larger screen. The overall design and form factor (not to mention sound) outweigh the screen size. For what it's worth, the OLED screen can be adjusted in Settings and has remained bright, crisp and fresh-looking in just about every lighting condition I've been through.

The 8GB Clip+ (which is the one I believe you're actually referring to) is not that much more expensive than the 4GB Clip+, at least on Amazon.com, so I say go with the 8GB. I don't know how much music you plan to put on your player, but 4GB is plenty for me (I'm currently using a Sansa Fuze). You can find the current listing of the Clip+'s here at Amazon. Just make sure you buy the ones sold and shipped by Amazon; anything in stock and over $25 includes free standard shipping.

2GB - 8GB microSD cards are really cheap these days, particularly if you buy them from Amazon.com or Buy.com. If you're going to buy a microSD card, make sure it's sold by and shipped from those two sites directly, not a 3rd party seller, just to be safe. Also, if you buy the card later by itself, go through Buy.com since they often ship free on some items under $25. Buy.com sorts and ships stuff fast, and I've gotten items in less than a week with the free shipping.

Good luck!

Apr 29, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #120 of 154
Quote:

Originally Posted by chews89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I've been player-less ever since my samsung died and am looking for something to replace it. I'm considering the clip due to it's extremely affordable price and expansive memory. But I have a few questions.

1. How is navigating music on a clip? The OLED screen seems so small it looks as though it will take forever to scroll through music (I had problems navigating with my Samsung T10)

2. Will it be cheaper to say go for a 8GB clip, or is it cheaper to get a 4GB clip and just buy a SD card? (I'm not sure how much memory goes for nowadays)

Cheers
smily_headphones1.gif

1. I had concerns about this too, because I'd had players that took forever to scroll. The Clip+ is quick though. Navigation is fast, and for comparison's sake I just timed scrolling through a complete list of of 250 songs. It took me 8 seconds, so it's really fast.

2. If you are looking for the best deal on clip at the moment, it's about 38 shipped for the Red 4gb here: Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red): Electronics Add your own 8gb card for less than 20 dollars here: Newegg.com - Transcend 8GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS8GUSDHC6

So, 4gb player (38.54)
+ 8gb card (19.49)
= 58.03, shipped

Meaning you wind up getting a 12gb player for less than or about what the 8gb player costs by itself: Amazon.com: SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black): Electronics

I like the idea of getting the 8gb clip and adding on, but for right now, the 4gb player + 8gb card is the biggest bang for your buck way of starting out with a Clip+.

EDIT: chews, I just noticed you are from Australia, so regarding the links let me give you a Don Adams "Sorry about that."
wink.gif
. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if, with a little bit of searching, you can wind up getting similar deals shipped to you down under... good luck
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back